Become a Patron!

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
PB2C, Born For 18650 Batteries

Are you a hiking, packing or photography enthusiast? Nowadays, outdoor shooting and outdoor adventures are becoming more and more popular. Many friends around me like these activities. For these enthusiasts, a variety of flashlights and charging equipment are necessary, such as spotlights, floodlights, handheld flashlights, headlights, camera chargers, gimbal chargers, mobile phone chargers, and so on.

As an outdoor enthusiast, I bought a lot of equipment, but the trouble also came. A bunch of equipment has a bunch of chargers. The brands and specifications are different, and the chargers are also various. They make my backpack so heavy. Although the power bank can directly charge mobile phones and other rechargeable devices, it cannot charge a single battery. Then, I found XTAR's new product PB2C can solve the problem.

XTAR PB2C has both functions of battery charger and power bank.

As a power bank, PB2C can charge mobile phones and rechargeable flashlights, gimbals, electronic cigarettes, Bluetooth headsets and other devices. It uses Type-C input, so you never have to carry multiple different types of cables.

PB2C’s output is mainly supported by two 18650 batteries placed inside, so it has an interesting feature - DIY capacity. For flashlight users, two 2600mAh 18650 batteries are enough. If you need a large capacity, you can prepare a larger capacity battery, such as 5000mAh 18650. If there are more batteries at home, you can also bring a few more batteries for you equipment to provide long-term stable battery life.

As a battery charger, compared to other PB series products, the PB2C is newly upgraded. it can accommodate button/flat top batteries as well as protected/unprotected 18650 batteries of customized size with larger compartment size. Greater compatibility and wider scope of application. In addition, the PB2C has six safety protection system functions, such as intelligent anti-reverse connection, overcharge protection, output over-current / short circuit protection, and over-voltage / overload protection, which ensure the safety of users' electricity during non-standard use.

The advantage of the 18650 battery is its versatility and its high cost performance. Used laptop batteries, handheld stabilizer batteries, flashlights, drone batteries, etc. are all 18650 specifications, and even Tesla also use 18650 batteries. The batteries eliminated from the equipment can continue to play the waste heat.

PB2C is equipped with patented XTAR charge-discharge balance technology, which can intelligently balance lithium batteries of different voltages, and the voltage level during charging and discharging. Prevents single battery from overcharging or over-discharging, making the battery more durable.

0V activation of PB2C can save some over-discharged 18650 batteries. If you don’t go out often, and forget to take out the batteries of the flashlight or gimbal. Basically these batteries are in the over-discharge state, so you may lose several batteries in one year. In addition, the batteries removed from the old equipment will cause over discharge after long time storage.

PB2C’s dimension is 11cm (length) X5.1cm (width) X2.43cm (height). The compact size allows it to be carried in your pocket. It is convenient to carry whether you are traveling or hiking or exercising. You can replace the spare 18650 batteries to expand the capacity. The bare battery is smaller and more convenient to carry. The intimate design of the built-in ribbon makes the battery removal easier and more convenient.

In general, XTAR PB2C charger is very practical and can efficiently use the 18650 batteries. It has a high usage rate whether it is traveling or daily use. It is one of the essential items for outdoor enthusiasts.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
upload_2020-3-17_16-0-33.png
In the picture, the left is unprotected 21700, and the right is protected 21700.

The New X2 is about 4mm longer than the old X2 so that it can charge the protected 21700 batteries.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

XTAR PB2C is a very useful and handy charger and it also has given a very attractive price for only $11.99. And considering you’ll be able to use it for 99% of household and mobile electronic devices, and even bring it with you camping, it’s easily worth it. Keep your vape charged no matter where you are!

Buy it at AliExpress: https://bit.ly/2TTBROX

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Just so you know, aliexpress won't ship to the United States anymore.

I just put that in my cart at Aliexpress and it has US shipping- maybe because it is not considered as vape gear?
Aliexpress only stopped selling and shipping vape supplies and gear to the US.
I bought my PB2C from Fasttech, best price I could find at the time- love these, great for my 21700 /20700 batteries!
I have the PB2 for the 18650 batteries too- I won that, awesome little chargers and great for traveling too.

Last edited:

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For the issue about Aliexpress stopped selling and shipping vape supplies and gear to the US:
Aliexpress can ship battery chargers to the United States.
SnapDragon was right. Because the chargers can be used for many power devices, not only a vape gear.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, XTAR cares about the health of every fan and user. Any problems or suggestions, please kindly reply below or PM to us. Here first share some tips with you.

What items should be equipped for the home quarantine during the coronavirus pandemic?

The World Health Organization has officially declared the coronavirus a pandemic. Coronavirus may be spreading, but it isn't necessary to randomly hoard supplies. Here's everything you should have in your home emergency kit in case of a possible home quarantine amid the coronavirus pandemic.

1. Food

For the home quarantine during the coronavirus pandemic, you should stock up at least a 14-day supply of food for every person. Focus on dry and canned goods that are easy to prepare. Frozen foods are an option, too.
upload_2020-3-30_15-16-18-png.877453

Hygienic products

Enough household hygienic products like soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, tissues, feminine care products, and diapers are necessary. According to the CDC, keeping your hands clean is one of the best ways to protect yourself from the coronavirus.
upload_2020-3-30_15-17-6-png.877455

3. Medicine and a first-aid kit

Make sure you have a 14-day supply of any prescription medications for those in your home. You may also want over-the-counter pain relievers, antacids, cough and cold medicines, and vitamins. Also, you should maintain a first-aid kit with supplies to treat common injuries, including cuts, scrapes, swelling, sprains, strains and more.
upload_2020-3-30_15-17-53-png.877457

4. Flashlight or emergency light and spare battery

Put a flashlight or an emergency light near your bed, workplace, and car. Make sure the flashlight or emergency light has enough electricity or can be charged in time.
upload_2020-3-30_15-18-57-png.877459

5. Masks, disposable medical gloves, and goggles

Masks can isolate most viruses transmitted through droplets and aerosols.

So, not only this sudden coronavirus epidemic, we might as well get into the habit of wearing a mask at certain times and occasions. In the season when the flu prevails, wearing a mask in high-density confined spaces such as public transportation is also a good precaution.

In addition, medical gloves mainly deal with contact infection, because it’s too late to wash your hands due to some sudden contact infections. Goggles can prevent virus infection from the eyes.
upload_2020-3-30_15-19-36-png.877461

6. Disinfection equipment

Perhaps have some disinfection equipment, such as a UV disinfection lamp or Ozone generator to keep the family safe and clean.

XTAR new product AF1 Ozone Portable Sterilizer can purify the air, sterilize and kill viruses, and protect your family's health. The principle of ozone killing viruses is through the direct destruction of RNA or DNA. Ozone has a wide range of sterilization and sterilization, which can kill bacterial propagules and spores, viruses, fungi, etc., and can also destroy botulinum toxins.

As mentioned above, some of our family's emergency reserves are basically on hand, and some are the most important reserves after this pandemic. Establishing a family emergency reserve is the rational and scientific progress of civilization.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
XTAR AF1 mini Ozone generator can help you.:)

Ozone is a molecule that is very effective at reacting with and eliminating strong odors and airborne chemicals. Ozone naturally has a very fresh scent to it, similar to that of a “crisp” smelling air freshener. The combination of a fresh smell and the ability to remove unpleasant odors effectively makes Ozone very appealing to many consumers as an air-purifying chemical/device.

upload_2020-4-14_19-0-43.png
upload_2020-4-14_19-1-8.png

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
XTAR AF1 mini Ozone generator can help you.:)

Ozone is a molecule that is very effective at reacting with and eliminating strong odors and airborne chemicals. Ozone naturally has a very fresh scent to it, similar to that of a “crisp” smelling air freshener. The combination of a fresh smell and the ability to remove unpleasant odors effectively makes Ozone very appealing to many consumers as an air-purifying chemical/device.

View attachment 158701
View attachment 158702
Very interesting! When & where will the Mini Ozone Generator be available?

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Repost a good review
----------
Nowadays, mobile phones and other electronic products are indispensable in our lives, and more and more people are using power banks to charge these products. So almost everyone has a lot of power banks, including broken ones. These broken power banks are actually not very easy to deal with. Due to product differences, their maintenance cost may be higher than the value of itself, and there is a safety risk if you repair it yourself.

There are already a lot of idle power banks at home. They look good, but they can’t be charged. It ’s a pity to throw them away. Therefore, I’m hunting for a power bank that is recyclable.

For this problem, the use of standardized batteries can just be solved, and the most standardized battery on the market is the 18650 lithium battery, so I highly recommend the XTAR PB2C. This is a portable charger with Power Bank function and it’s simple and practical.

jTEInmC.png

PB2C appearance: small and portable

I bought the PB2C package set, which includes a charger and two 18650 2600 mAh.

qr8rvQ5.png

From the perspective of the overall design, I thought that XTAR is still of the highest quality. Let's take a look at the PB2C in detail.

aNHSkTk.png

XTAR logo is printed on the front of this power bank. It’s small and exquisite. As it’s made of plastic materials, you’ll feel delicate and smooth when you touch it.

BUkPOtZ.png

A small orange tongue sticking out from the side is a small forged belt of the battery compartment, which is convenient for picking out the battery. The height of the power bank is about the same as the diameter of a coin, which is relatively small and round in the hand.

tPmDArr.png

Let’s take a look at the battery compartment of the PB2C. The gaps at the joints of each part are very small, and the black and orange combination looks very cool. Moreover, the lid of the battery compartment is held on by 2 magnets, they hold the lid on very firmly so it won't come off accidentally and it can prevent dust as well, yet it can be removed extremely easily.

JIkVIvy.png

Let’s check the charging port. The power input and output ports are on the same side, the output is A port, and the input is C port, which is very convenient.

18650 batteries: 2600 mAh

The battery is marked with some main performance parameters, including more than 500 cycles of charging, 9.62WH, and lithium-ion batteries.

rZiOR8a.png

It’s well acknowledged that 18650 batteries are more general and more standardized, so why is it called 18650? This is because this type of battery has a diameter of 18mm and a height of 65mm. 0 means that its shape is cylindrical, so it is called 18650.

PB2C charging: simple and practical

After using XTAR PB2C, the overall feeling is that it’s extremely convenient and fast! Because there is no need to carry an additional battery charger, this power bank is itself a charger, which can charge and discharge in both directions.

As for its application, no matter where you are, you can use this power bank by using the charging head and charging cable of your mobile phone, especially when you are hiking, it’s really practical!

cW4Zj7K.png

As mentioned earlier, the output mode is the A port. It is very convenient to charge the mobile phone or the e-book. After all, the A port is still dominant on the market.

I8k75ce.png

Plug in and press the switch on the power bank, and then the charging mode is turned on. However, it is a pity that 18W fast charging is not supported, it would be better if an iterative version could be released in the future.

I forgot to mention a very important parameter earlier, that is, the maximum power of charging and discharging of this XTAR PB2C is 10W.

It’s quite satisfactory, although 10W is not fast according to the current standard of fast charging. But as it’s powered by only two 18650 batteries, and it can reach 10W, which is already good.

According to the charging data of the mobile phone, the voltage can reach more than 4V, which is very stable, the current is between 1.3A and 1.5A, and the power is between 9W and 10W, which is quite in line with my expectations.

Indeed, the biggest advantage of XTAR is the replaceable battery. You can even upgrade the battery and replace it with a larger capacity 18650, so that the performance of the power bank will be further upgraded.

Summary: PB2C is fantastic

After using it for a period of time, the XTAR 18650 battery power bank gave me a very good experience. Whether it is self-charging or discharging to other devices, the speed is quite fast. In addition to being used as a power bank, the two 18650 batteries can also be placed in other equipment at home, such as flashlights for emergency use.

ORqwXR6.png

The shortcoming is that if it can add an LED light to the PB2C, so that you can use this power bank as a flashlight directly. The combination of the power bank and the flashlight can achieve both benefits and greatly improve the practicality. In addition, if it can reach the fast charging standard of 18W, it will be more perfect.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Why do you choose USB Type-C

In the early years, when Android smartphones became popular, almost all charging interfaces of Android phones used Micro USB interface.

However, new mobile phones in recent years have begun to abandon the Micro USB interface and chose to use the Type-C interface. So, why now all mobile phones are suddenly replaced with Type-C interfaces?

What is the reason? What is the difference between Mirco USB and Type-C?

4NIs5Di.png

Micro USB charging port

Mirco USB is an upgrade of the previous Mini USB. Early electronic products basically adopted this interface. The interface is a trapezoidal interface with a width and a narrow width. Because the upper and lower widths of the interface are different, it is easier to cause a problem of which side is up.

Type-C charging port

Type-C can be said to be an upgraded replacement for Mirco USB. Its interface can be inserted on both sides. Its appearance officially solves the worldwide problem of “USB will never be inserted correctly.” It can be inserted on both sides. , Type-C also has the characteristics of positive and negative complete insertion, fast transmission speed, and so on.

oKUHHT1.png

The difference between Mirco USB and Type-C port

1 development path

From the development process, the C interface standard began to be recognized in 2015. In 2015, Apple applied the Type-C interface to the MacBook. In 2016, the Type-C interface began to prevail, and major flagship phones began to match the Type-C interface, giving up the commonly used Micro USB interface.

2 Shape design

In appearance, Mirco USB is narrower than the Type-C interface, but it has a heavy sense of overlap. Although Type-C is relatively wide, it is relatively thin and light.

3 Direction design

In the direction design, the Type-C interface has no positive and negative directions, and both positive and negative can be inserted. There are positive and negative directions of micro USB, and the influence of the serial cable itself, when inserted in the wrong direction, is also easy to damage the mobile phone interface.

96TSMKH.png

04 Transfer speed

In terms of transmission speed, the specifications of micro USB limit the output of the highest voltage, and there are limitations in charging technology. The Type-C interface solves the problem of port voltage limitation, and the maximum output power increases significantly. The charging speed is reduced, the maximum speed can reach 10Gbps!

SGFpBc6.png

In this way, it is obvious that the Type-C interface is more practical and more fun. It can be said that it is the first choice for digital enthusiasts and technical friends! It is not an exaggeration to call it the king of the future data line market ~

Following the needs of the general public, XTAR also replaces the Type-C port on the charger interface. Among them, the most obvious is the upgraded version of MC4S and PB2C

tQzxjaO.png

cXpftF8.png

In the end…

If you have the opportunity to use a USB C device, go for it. You’ll get faster speeds, a more satisfying experience, and it’s just easier to use.
Just be sure to check whether you have the right cables so your device takes full advantage of all the C awesomeness.

===========================================================

What's your opinion? Reply below.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yes I really like my USB-C devices, so much easier and faster to charge. Thank you for your explanation of the differences of the micro USB and the USB- C
I love my PB2C that I bought for my 21700 and 20700 batteries- I don't have a charger that would charge these batteries, and since I already have the 1st 18650 battery XTAR PB that I love, I knew this would be an awesome charger for my 21700 & 20700 batteries.
:bingo:

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes I really like my USB-C devices, so much easier and faster to charge. Thank you for your explanation of the differences of the micro USB and the USB- C
I love my PB2C that I bought for my 21700 and 20700 batteries- I don't have a charger that would charge these batteries, and since I already have the 1st 18650 battery XTAR PB that I love, I knew this would be an awesome charger for my 21700 & 20700 batteries.
:bingo:
So glad you like our PB series chargers. Thank you.;)

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Which charger is right for you

If you know XTAR, you might noticed that XTAR has several different series of battery chargers. Have you ever wondered which charger is right for you?

It seems that many of you like the chargers that support selecting charging current by yourselves. Let's first look at this charger list.

F2VlhVW.png

There are more list at: XTAR Charger Buying Guide_ShenZhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd

Which charger do you like most? Sharing your opinion below.

Last edited:

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The greatest truths are the simplest—XTAR MC4S Charger Review (repost)

Why did I choose MC4S? As a ten-year-flashlight player, I’ve never been short of chargers. I have plenty of chargers with different styles, functions and sizes. However, there are several main points that this XTAR-MC4S attracts me: one is strong compatibility, and the other is Type-C interface power supply, making the charging more flexible.

Well, let's unpack it first.

p7xMmqq.jpg

LObPA3R.jpg

The accessories in the package are very simple, the charger body, a Type-C charging cable, and a manual in 11 languages.

First of all, this product left me the first impression is that it is small and light, and it can be compatible with a variety of batteries.

Let’s take a look at the size first.

TI08UW5.jpg

L54.4mm*W53mm*H26mm

A9aw0Sm.jpg

The net weight is only 95.4g.

d1XeGJQ.jpg

USB Type-C input port

y0iIcdc.jpg

The first and the 4th battery slots can support 1A current fast charging, the 2nd and 3rd ones can support 0.5A charging current. Because of my career as a photographer, it can be said that I’m a super battery-consuming user. Therefore, my requirement for the charger must be at least 4-slot simultaneous charging, which can save charging time. I believe that many professional photographer friends have an unforgettable experience of getting up in the middle of the night to change the battery when they are shooting outside.

eRgvoxd.jpg

As I’ve played flashlights for so many years, I have accumulated various types of batteries. Therefore, my focus on the charger is compatibility.

BJohKOm.jpg

Through practical tests, the 16340, 18350, 14500, 18650 and Eneloop Ni-MH batteries in my hand can be perfectly adapted.

But it is a pity that the 21700 battery is too long to plug due to the protection circuit. Protected 18650s can be tucked in, enough length.

It is a pity that if the spring clip can be a little bit longer, the 21700 battery can also be charged. The manufacturer obviously also noticed this problem, so it was stated in the instruction manual that protected 20700 and 21700 could not be charged.

The batteries compatible with this charger include: 10440, 14500, 16340, 17335, 17500, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22650, 25500, 26650, and 1.2V NiMH, NiCd batteries.

To put it simply, it can basically charge all the batteries that can be put in.

I think the second point that I love this charger is the USB Type-C port power supply. Because I use Huawei mobile phones, I can find the type-c charging cable everywhere, in the car or on the desk. Therefore, the power supply of this charger can be perfectly solved.

QEkHKyb.jpg

It is very practical to put it in the car as a spare charger. Moreover, it is small and exquisite, and it does not take up too much place in the armrest box.

Last but not least, let’s take a look at the charging efficiency of this charger.
3lgQtX6.jpg

Discharge two brand new 18650 batteries first.

AzpK7dT.jpg

Then use 1A current to charge at the same time. The MC4S does not come with a USB conversion head, so I chose the IPAD charging head, and the output is 2.1A / 5V, which is in line of the charger manual.

bgYECN7.jpg

Start the timer.
tekr1QR.jpg

3baQLVD.jpg

E7Thgto.jpg

After 3 hours and 22 minutes, the MC4S showed full-charged, and the other charger was still trickle charging.

C1noWKF.jpg

Summary:

This charger is small, convenient, simple and practical. It is very suitable for beginner flashlight players or as a backup player with charging needs. It has no fancy functions such as power detection and voltage detection, which reduces the possibility of damage and strengthens and also enhances portability.

In addition, as long as the battery can be put in, all of them are compatible, making the charger returns to its original function.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How to pick the right battery charger

Battery chargers can be confusing and we're here to show you how to pick the correct charger for the job. Choosing the right battery charger is important to ensure that batteries are charged efficiently and accurately. Choosing the right model depends on the input voltage, battery type, and battery capacity. Features of the different models are briefly introduced.

Choosing the right type of battery based on your need

There are many types of battery in the market, such as Li-ion battery/Lead Acid Battery/NiCd battery/NiMH battery and etc. Whether you have good or bad service from your battery will first and most importantly depend on choosing the right battery for the right job. If you are a vapor, then you may need unprotected 18650 or 21700 batteries to keep your cloud growing. Or if you are a photographer then the small size of NiMH would be your first choice. Be sure to check your charger is suitable for your battery type

Choosing the right type of battery charger

When choosing a battery charger, it is important to choose one that charges your battery as accurately and efficiently as possible. A battery charger has lots of features. It seems difficult to decide which one is best for you. Smart or trickle charger? Do you need manual select charging current? Should you buy superfast? Do you really need a screen display?

In the next few days, I will give you a guide on choosing the right battery charger that suits your own needs from XTAR

Type 1 - Chargers for protected 21700 batteries

XTAR VC8 -- A new LCD 8 slots max 3A fast charger that could charge both protected 21700 & 20700 batteries.
HpGHNwg.png

XTAR X2 Extended Version -- As the updated version of XTAR X2, it has dual input ports and LCD display, and could take both Ni-MH and Li-ion battery.
0oOTqfF.png

XTAR X4 Extended Version -- Four slots smart battery charger, only take 1.5 hours to fully charge two 2500mAh 18650 batteries with max 2A speed.
5QCYTPX.png

XTAR SC1 -- A handy but powerful speedy charger for everyone. Charge anywhere anytime with Micro USB charging port.

XTAR SC2 -- Extreme compact size, max 3A fast charging. Real 2A charging for 2 bays.
KRsKANX.png

XTAR OVER 4 SLIM -- As the first 4.1A fast charger at that time, O4S could give you a fast and safe charging experience that you ever had.
d8FZ7qt.png

XRAR ST2 -- 4.1A Ultra-fast Charging for Two Slots, takes only 30min fully charged 2*18650 2000mAh Li-ion batteries
bCksw22.png

These products can be found at AliExpress store and Amazon store:

That’s all for today if still have any question about it please leave your comment below. In the next post, I will teach you guys how to select another type of XTAR chargers.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
6UHy51u.jpg

XTAR VH4 & CH2 Vertical Charger
1. Innovative energizing ring makes charging vertically
2. size reduced by nearly 60%, smaller and more portable
3. Magnetic charging, One-hand operation
4. LCD screen displays the charging status
5. Type-C powered

What is that battery?
XTAR energized ring makes Li-ion batteries to be charged vertically. It can be charged with XTAR CH2 and CH4 vertical chargers, which greatly reduce the volume of the battery chargers, improve the portability and convenience.

The vertical charger is a conceptual product, and will not be sold on the market. We are working to innovate and improve our design now. Do you have any questions and suggestions for this design? Please kindly comment below. We are happy to collect your feedback. Any ideas are welcomed.

Come on, guys! Maybe the next improvement adopts your ideas.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Received a good PB2S charger review from one of our fans. Nice shots and review at different points.
===========
Plan for a trip or an adventure? You must not forget the charging gears. For me, I usually take many electronic devices such as iPhone, earphone, iPad, flashlight and camp lamp. Therefore, I need lots of power. But carrying a large capacity power bank is so heavy. How can I deal with this problem?

Recently I noticed that XTAR, a specialized battery charger manufacturer, has launched an innovative product, PB2S 2-in-1 power bank. It can be used as both power bank and Li-Ion battery charger. As long as there is an ordinary cylindrical lithium battery, it can charge various devices outdoors anytime and anywhere, which is very convenient.

Appearance

PB2S is packed in the XTAR family's classic white and blue carton, with a transparent case on the front. The appearance of the product can be seen at a glance. On the left, the main features of PB2S are written in five languages: English, German, French, Italian and Western.

y2CEzhH.jpg

In the package, there is a PB2S charger, a long USB Type-C charging cable and an 11-language manual. You can also choose the option with the battery when purchasing, of course, you need to pay a little more.

f5aINAN.jpg

The appearance of PB2S is in the shape of a rectangular parallelepiped. The edges and corners have been smoothed. The shell adopts fire-retardant and flame-retardant materials to ensure the safety of use. The overall spraying of rubber paint has a delicate touch and texture. It has a certain anti-skid function on the desktop. I started with the lemon yellow one. There are also black, red, and blue colors available.

At the center of the front is the fluorescent silver XTAR trademark. On the right side is a black transparent matte cover. A 27 × 14mm OLED display screen is installed inside. A strong contrasting white is used to display various data of the internal battery, which is convenient for users to keep track of the power supply. The characters on the screen can be seen clearly even under strong sunlight. The viewing angle basically reaches 180 ° in four directions.

The reverse side is the performance data printed by the same fluorescent silver. The PB2S input is compatible with QC3.0 and PD3.0 protocols, that is to say, the maximum input is 12V, 1.5A, and the maximum output reaches 4.2V, 2A × 2, which achieve faster speed and wider compatibility.

g5JFv8u.jpg

The battery channel of the PB2S is perfectly compatible with 18650, 18700, 20700, and 21700 lithium-ion batteries. However, for a protected 21700 cell, it can't fit in PB2S, which is a bit regretful.

XQtjGjU.jpg

PB2S has two sweet details. One is the ribbon added to the channel. When you remove the battery, you only need to pull the ribbon up, and you don’t have to dig the battery by your fingers. This will protect the battery and your fingers.

Another detail is the magnetic cover, which has a strong magnet on each side of the cover, which is firmly adsorbed to the body. Putting the PB2S in the backpack will hardly cause the cover or the battery to fall.

nUTD9vu.jpg

On the top, there is the TYPE-C input/output port and USB output port. There are two advantages of TYPE-C: one is not to distinguish between positive and negative, and the other is to support a greater current intensity of fast charging.

QXMYaJG.jpg

There is only one button on the right side of the PB2S. You can get clear feedback of feel and sound after pressing the button. But the button seems loose.

The battery channel has a clear battery polarity indication. The positive contact protrudes, and the negative pole is a metal column with spring inside. The larger contact area effectively reduces contact resistance. I installed a 18650 and a 21700 battery, and found they were relatively tight against it and didn’t fall down. With the upper cover, there is no need to worry about the battery falling off. Even if it shakes greatly, there will be no circuit break.

2jpA4Ky.jpg

At present, the highest capacity of the 18650 battery is about 3500mAh and 13Wh, and the 21700 battery is about 5100mAh and 20Wh. After investigation, the rated capacity of power bank allowed to be carried by aircraft does not exceed 100Wh, so the PB2S and four large-capacity 21700 batteries can be carried on the aircraft, and can also guarantee the consumption of many devices for at least one day.

Kd2aVuc.jpg

The size of PB2S is 125 × 58 × 27.5mm, and the weight is only 85.2g. Choose the appropriate battery according to the amount of electricity used. It is suitable for outdoors, travel, and business.

W9dWVTr.jpg

Charging measurement

1. XTAR 21700 battery

Use a XTAR PD3.0 adaptor to charge two XTAR 21700 4000mAh. The USB test meter read the output voltage of the PB2S reaches 12V, the current reaches 1.43A, and the power is 17.13W, which reaches the nominal input of PB2S.

RoZAn1c.jpg

During charging, the screen will display “IN” which is the charging status. It will also display the data of the battery voltage and charging current. Click the button to switch the display content and view different battery conditions. It shows b1(i.e. battery one), the charging voltage and current. Click the button to see the status of b2. Then click the button again to see the total charging voltage, current and average power percentage.

u6Osrk3.gif

The PB2S data shows a slight deviation from the tester. Taking into account the input and output status, the internal resistance of the charging cable and other factors, the reading is relatively accurate.

3G6C8q6.jpg

It took 2h 5min and 21s. Two 21700 4200mAh batteries were fully charged. The PB2S showed an input current of 0A. At this time, the voltage remained at 12V and the charging speed was very fast.

ReNkxwW.jpg

Take out the battery and measure it with a multimeter. The voltage is 4.2V. The PB2S controls the charging cut-off voltage very well, and will not cause danger due to overcharging.

qF0a6mm.jpg

2. 18650 battery of other brands

Using two 18650 batteries of other brands for testing, the PB2S can also start the PD3.0 protocol. The input voltage reaches 12V, the input current is close to the nominal 1.5A, and the input power reaches 17.78W. Fast charging is also achieved.

UZz7Wfc.jpg

When the battery is about to be fully charged, the battery terminal voltage has reached 4.2V. At this time, the PB2S will be trickle charged. In this way, the battery is fully charged, and the PB2S also plays a role in safety protection.

Db1Jrpx.jpg

The full charge took 2 hours and 28 minutes, and a total of 24.26Wh. This shows that the internal circuit of PB2S can judge the performance of the rechargeable battery, and select the appropriate current according to the internal resistance, voltage, capacity and other conditions to achieve safe and fast charging.

qJL1XhV.jpg

Taking into account the error of the instrument, the PB2S's judgment on the charging of different batteries is accurate, and the basic control is within 4.2V of the full charge. The deviation will not be too much.

5bLN4LP.jpg

3. Heating in charging

During the charging process, the thermocouple thermometer had been connected and the cover of PB2S wasn’t removed. When charging to 65% capacity, the charging power is still close to 15W. At this time, almost reaching the equilibrium state of heating and heat dissipation. Reading the temperature of the two batteries, respectively at 33.1 ℃ and 33.7 ℃. The temperature of the two batteries is close, indicating that the PB2S balanced well in controlling the dual-slot charging.

YdffTH6.jpg

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
4. Activate the over-discharge battery

Another function of PB2S is to activate the over-discharge battery. In order to test, a battery of other brands was over-discharged to judge the compatibility of PB2S to the battery. At this time, the voltage is 0V.

crhyewm.jpg

After the power is turned on, the PB2S voltage is displayed as 5.3V, and there should be a process of activating the battery in an instant. After I pick up the camera to focus and take a picture, the charged volume already rise to 2%. At this time, the charging current has reached 1.7A and the battery can be charged normally.

cByCCuK.jpg

When the voltage returns to 3.7V, the charging current has risen to 2.2A, reaching the state of normal charging.

WVICJIE.jpg

Discharge test

PB2S is very convenient to use as a power bank. It can charge two electric devices at the same time through both USB and Type-C ports. This is also my favorite function, which is very convenient and fast. At this time, OUT1 and OUT2 will be displayed on the screen, indicating that dual-channel output is in progress, channel 1 is port USB, and channel 2 is port Type-C.

eRUadcp.jpg

Use the Type-C port to charge the mobile phone that supports the QC protocol. The output voltage of the PB2S can reach 8.4V, and the charging current is close to 1.9A. However, this time the PB2S data shows a big gap with the test table data, and I don’t know which one is more accurate.

2IxBhvk.jpg

For some small electrical devices, PB2S can detect the condition of the internal battery and use a small current to output power for the devices to ensure full-charge and safety. I tried my kindle.

Especially when the power consumption of my kindle is seriously insufficient, the PB2S can detect that the voltage of the device is low and activate the battery of the device with a very small current, which is also a more intelligent and safe charging method.

lk6y2Vx.jpg

The USB output port of PB2S doesn’t support QC3.0 and PD protocols, and the output voltage is about 5V.

When the battery condition of Kindle is better, the PB2S can also increase the charging current to get a faster-charging speed.

When the battery power of the phone is 97% and the Kindle power is 91%, PB2S significantly reduces the charging current to ensure the safety of charging.

In the end, it took about 2.5 hours to fully charge a mobile phone and a Kindle from a basic powerless state. The discharge efficiency of PB2S is good. At this time, the remaining power of two 21700 batteries is 20%. The voltage of both batteries is about 3.4V, which is balanced for two-slot discharge. From this, it can be judged that the PB2S discharge cut-off voltage is about 3V, which will not be over-discharged for lithium batteries, making discharge safety.

Conclusion

For those who have many 21700 and 18650 batteries, the XTAR PB2S makes full use of the idle battery. It is indeed a very good on-the-go choice.

What I like

1. Nice appearance and colors

2. Support QC3.0 and PD3.0 fast charging

3. Dual-slot discharge

4. Display basic charging data

What I don’t like

Loose button

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hello everyone,

A few years ago, we released a multi-functional charger, "XTAR Dragon VP4 Plus". It can not only charge the battery but also detect the health of the battery. It can be said that it is a rare product with a strong comprehensive performance on the market.

I9e34VI.png

So today, let's take everyone to review this flagship product again.

The "XTAR Dragon VP4 Plus" comes in a cardboard box and includes:

cDUh3bu.jpg

-VP4 Plus charger

-12V/3A adapter

-Pair of probes

-3A car adapter

-Charger bag

-Manual

-Warranty card

The slots can handle long protected 18650 and 26650 cells up to approximately 72mm in length. As with nearly all other chargers, since it was released a few years ago, now the protected 20700 and 21700 cells have arrived on the market, we are having issues fitting. I believe in the near future, we will fix these issues.

The user interface is fairly simple and easy to learn, with just three buttons:

crzmaRV.jpg

Left - Current/Refresh button - the short press will change current, a long press will start refresh cycle.

Middle - Display - change between displayed slots, a long press will set the display to low brightness, double click returns to the main screen.

Right - Record/Test - the short press will recall saved test data, long press will start a test cycle, double click will turn sound on/off.

Note: When display brightness is dimmed, the first press of any button will restore it to max brightness.

Each slot/bay has a colored indicator light:

Blue - Discharging

Red - Charging

Green - Battery fully charged/reverse polarity/poor connection.

Finally, please allow me to share a video from YouTube @ Mr Baz Reviews.

You can also find this charger on below links:

Amazon-US: https://amzn.to/2TnhQzm

Aliexpress: US $29.99 25% OFF|XTAR DRAGON VP4 PLUS Smart Battery Charger Set Fast Charging Cargador 18650 Battery Charger VS XTAR VP4C USB Charger 2019 NEWEST|Chargers| - AliExpress

We also running a giveaway contest on Facebook to get XTAR and Rincoe mail

Contest link: Shenzhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd

Follow us you still have a big chance to win a more free gift! Share it with your friend now.;)

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How We Test Rechargeable Battery Chargers

Whether it’s your first time buying a charger or you’re replacing an old one, it’s worth knowing what extra features are worth paying for, including the charger quality.

As a professional battery charger manufacturer, XTAR exposed its charger product testing process for the first time. Let’s see how we test our battery chargers.

1. Over ten tests for chargers’ appearance
VTcv2Di.png

2. Accurate testing for judging battery voltage after fully charged with professional equipment, keeping the performance parameter deviation within 1%.
yrJSvPe.png

3. Aging test. Simulating the daily use of battery chargers, testing the stability of electronic components. Test duration: 1-10 hours.
irWla1C.png

4. Extreme high temperature test to ensure the chargers use safety in extreme environments. Test duration: 1-5 hours. Test temperature: -20℃-65℃.
AsoSdZC.png

5. Button press test. Check the service life of the buttons on the chargers and eliminate the bad buttons of the products. Test duration: 1-5 hours, test times: 2000-50,000 times.
Fn66Qcm.png

6. Interface plug detection. Test duration: 1-5 hours, test times: 2000-50000 times.
BGNEfkM.png

7. Anti-drop test. Simulate the battery charger's daily use environment and test the durability of the housing.
kCi7B2G.png

The product quality inspection in XTAR is full inspection.

-------

What’s your oldest XTAR charger? Share with us below.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How about the performance of XTAR's first 8-slot battery charger

As the first eight-slot charger in the history of XTAR that supports lithium-ion, NiMH and NiCd cells. The XTAR VC8 uses a USB-C input current for a faster recharge of all the batteries, this current can be changed manually in 3A, 2A, 1A, 0.5A or 0.25A, which allows the user to adapt the various currents to the needs of your batteries.

Let’s see how Robert Ellis thinks of this charger.

In daily use, all the common lithium batteries can be installed, from 16340 to 26650. If you have many batteries, this VC8 charger will bring you convenience.
------
What's your experience with VC8?

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Exciting new product coming soon!

upload_2020-6-2_18-2-41.png

XTAR BC4, born for AA/AAA rechargeable batteries, including 1.5V lithium and 1.2V Ni-MH cells.

What kind of batteries do you use often?

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
huQVgrZ.jpg

Plan trips that maximum space-saving and minimum weight are required?

Take BC4! It will save you on vacation and a business trip.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
qGTYYp0.jpg

Dropped something on the ground in the darkness or encountered a sudden power outage?
XTAR BC4 will help you in such an emergency situation.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
[New Release] XTAR BC4 - 1.5V Li-ion battery charger

How much do you know about 1.5V Li-ion batteries? Do rechargeable lithium-ion batteries exist in standard sizes like AA, AAA, C or D? Sure thing!! XTAR has released AA and AAA rechargeable lithium-ion battery charger and brand new Li-ion battery that output 1.5 volts.

As we all know that Lithium-ion batteries normally operate 3.7V per cell, but XTAR put circuitry inside the cells to reduce the voltage to 1.5 volts. XTAR new 1.5V Li-ion battery has a capacity of 3300mWh which having a larger capacity than other Ni-MH batteries.

XTAR BC4 applies independent four-slot circuit and supports mix-charging of 1.5V Li-ion, 1.2V Ni-MH and Ni-CD batteries. According to the battery quantity and the input power, it intelligently identifies battery type and matches the optimal charging strategy to ensure the maximum output power and higher charging efficiency.

PhlMWqw.jpg
[/IMG]

BC4 intelligently matches the charging mode of the battery according to the type of battery charged. It uses the pulse constant current method to charge the Ni-MH battery and the constant voltage method (current limit 500mA) to charge the 1.5V Li-ion battery, making the battery charging process safe and fast.

Besides, with its tiny size and thin body, BC4 can behold easily by one hand and put into your pocket, it also has both charge and discharge functions, can be your emergency power supply for external devices with Max 5V 2.1A output. Very convenient whether for daily carry or for traveling.

So why choose the BC4 charger? Or why use 1.5v lithium batteries?

Comparing Alkaline Batteries with Lithium Batteries, lithium batteries are last much longer and are much lighter than Alkaline Batteries. What’s more, Lithium batteries perform even in the most extreme temperatures, making lithium batteries perfect for outdoor devices. Lithium batteries operate in extremely cold climates or extremely hot climates where alkaline batteries cease to function. This is a great convenience for portable devices

2ETAAYk.jpg
[/IMG]

After inserting four batteries with power into the charger, press and hold the button for 2s can turn on LED emergency light for close-up search and other emergency use in dimly lit environments. BC4 would be your ideal smart Li-ion, Ni-MH & Ni-CD battery charger even. As long as there are AA/AAA batteries, you can use BC4

Jk0joRg.jpg
[/IMG]

XTAR products and BC4 are sold at Amazon, eBay, Shopee & Aliexpress. To learn more about BC4, please click: BC4 or visit: www.xtar.cc

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
XTAR BC4 charger for 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries

When it comes to 1.5V batteries, everyone will immediately think of the most common AA and AAA batteries. These are disposable Alkaline batteries. Many household and handheld devices have been built to use those cells and voltage of 1.5V, such as remote control, kid's toys, wireless mouse, wireless microphone, etc.

Alkaline AA/AAA batteries cost effectively but they have high internal resistance. This reduces output. Therefore they last shorter than the rechargeable cells when used in high drain devices like digital cameras, which means you need to change batteries much more frequently. Therefore, many people want to know “can I use 1.2V batteries instead of 1.5V?”. Yes, you can do it. The Alkaline battery has a voltage of around 1.5-1.6V but its voltage quickly drops to around 1.25v under actual load, and around 1V when its almost discharged. The voltage output is similar to that of the 1.2V NiMH batteries.

However, you need to face a problem with NiMH rechargeable batteries that if you have a device that requires 4 or more cells in series then it can create a voltage drop due to the low voltage of NiCD / NiMH rechargeable batteries and the device might refuse to run or power on. So the ideal way is to replace alkaline with lithium. XTAR lithium AA batteries produce 1.5 volts, so they can be used to replace any regular alkaline AA units in most cases. Also, XTAR released a new battery charger BC4, which supports charging the 1.5v rechargeable lithium batteries.
HXfTFuh.jpg

What’s the truth about the 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries? As we all know that Lithium-ion batteries normally operate 3.7V per cell, but XTAR put circuitry inside the cells to reduce the voltage to 1.5 volts. The output of the XTAR 1.5V rechargeable lithium battery is a constant voltage of 1.5V. Therefore, devices such as racing cars, remote controls, electric toys, etc. that use this battery will also maintain stable performance.
HK91HVL.jpg

XTAR BC4 battery charger is the best partner of the 1.5V rechargeable lithium battery. It can charge 4 pieces of batteries at a time. It uses a constant voltage method with charging current 500mAh. The input port is the popular USB-C with current up to 5V 2A.
4mE3UAD.jpg

The BC4 uses independent four-bay circuit and supports mix-charging of 1.5V Li-ion, and 1.2V Ni-MH/Ni-CD batteries. It intelligently detects the battery type, battery quantity, and the input power, and then select the optimal charging strategy to ensure the maximum output power and higher charging efficiency. So with XTAR BC4 charger, all your rechargeable AA/AAA batteries can be charged safely.

The size of the XTAR BC4 is L80mm x W75mm x H27mm, which is very small. Therefore, BC4 can be hold easily by one hand and put into your pocket, very convenient no matter for daily carry or for outdoor trips.
VJCsueW.jpg

XTAR BC4 can be also used as a power bank, with output 5V 1A. When your mobile phone is out of power but you have no other charging devices at that time, this function will solve your power needs. Just put four 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries into the charger, and connect the charger to your mobile phone with a USB cable. If you have no 1.5V cells, the BC4 can also support disposable Alkaline batteries and 1.2V NiMH batteries.
gO9BHuD.jpg

There is another sweet design for BC4. That is the LED lighting. Install four 1.5V Alkaline or rechargeable lithium or 1.2V NiMH batteries into the charger, press and hold the button for 2s can turn on the LED light for close-up search and other emergency use in the darkness.
kE9xUov.jpg

In summary, if you need many 1.5V batteries in your daily life, and if you are an advocate of environmental protection and cost saving, why not consider using XTAR BC4 battery charger and XTAR 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries? You will benefit from them.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here is the introduction video for XTAR BC4.

It has five main features:
1. Independent four-slot, charging 1.5V lithium and 1.2V Ni-MH/Ni-CD AA and AAA batteries.
2. Tiny size, one-hand operation.
3. Type-C Input, USB Output
4. LED Light for Emergency Use
5. Wide applications, such as electric toys, remote controls, and electric razors, etc.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The operation and application of BC4

Package of BC4:
charger x 1;
USB A to USB C cable x 1;
lanyard x 1;
manual x 1.

Size: L80mm x W75mm x H27mm

Application: all the devices that require AA/AAA batteries.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
IECIE Shenzhen eCig Expo is the largest e-cigarette exhibition in Asia. It will be held on 20th to 22rd Aug. XTAR Booth is 2G58. This year, due to the travel restrictions, we will also hold a live broadcasting.
wFru0Rh.jpg

The date is 20th Aug 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Beijing Time.
We will talk about our latest products and offer some giveaway gifts for you. Just log into the virtual expo.
https://biletum.com/en/events/1/promo/hall/2G58

Looking forward to talking with you!

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We know there are two common types of chargers’ input port - AC and USB. The charger with AC input port, is very convenient to use indoors just by connecting its own power cord to the wall outlet, no more extra adapter. As for the charger with USB input port, it’s much easier to carry outside and can connect solar panels, power banks with USB cables and your phone adapter, which is more suitable for outdoors charging. So do you prefer charger with AC input port or USB input port? Or prefer a charger with both AC and USB port like XTAR X2/X4 extended version?

X2&X4 extended version.jpg

VU Sponsors