Become a Patron!

YiHi SX Mini X Class - anyone getting one?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's hilarious! It's also exactly why a touch screen device doesn't interest me.
Ironically, my Smok Morph has a touchscreen that is 95% as responsive as the one on my Galaxy S10. A breeze to work with. No lie. :rolleyes:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The way I see a touchscreen -and yes I have a couple I bought on a good deal.

It’s just another failure point; and a needless one at that.
Not only that but why settle for less than the 100% level of responsiveness of a button?

I hate the slides bullshit of a screen; especially when it gets a layer of juice on it or your fingers are damp.
I hate sliding a juicy finger across the screen.

The silly nub of a joystick isn’t bad once you used to it.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapes are one of the places that a Touchscreen is just silly - you might as well consider vaping an Industrial/Hostile Environment for that. (I never did get my Canuckistan Care Package, so I was unable to decide if the Minikin 2 was sufferable).

Note that vapes have all the issues of a display on the side of a huge machine, oil, dust, etc - plus pockets, handling, lint, dust, etc

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. Yihi should be really embarrassed if Smok has a better touch screen! That's not a shot at Smok, but Yihi considers themselves mid to high end.
I'll include @f1r3b1rd and @PoppaVic in this response as well. Did you watch a few minutes of him tapping around on that screen? I don't know what to say. It works awesome. I almost never have to tap anything twice, and if I do. it's because I tapped it in the wrong spot. Super fast, accurate and responsive.

Given the choice I'll take buttons. I certainly would never choose a mod because it had a touchscreen. I got a great pre-order deal on the Morph and I wanted to try their first all new chip in forever. The touchscreen came with it obviously.

Also, touchscreens are on literally billions of mobile devices. Devices that take a far worse beating than most mods.If done right, they don't have to be any more prone to failure than the processor or memory or other microelectronic components. More prone than buttons though? Probably.

The only reason I brought this up is because the drawbacks that made past touchscreen mods such a hair pulling affair, are actually not present in the screen on the Morph. And yes, you would think if Smok can do it, YIHI certainly should be able to. Tony B was having the same responsiveness issues that Jai was too.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Touchscreen works well on the smoant naboo using that right now ...no mucking about with swiping the screen ...button to turn it on or off and that’s it kinda of like the useful crossover side of it I guess

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll include @f1r3b1rd and @PoppaVic in this response as well.

Also, touchscreens are on literally billions of mobile devices. Devices that take a far worse beating than most mods.If done right, they don't have to be any more prone to failure than the processor or memory or other microelectronic components. More prone than buttons though? Probably.
No vape company has the capital or R&D that the smartphone companies have.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
To be fair not all are going to be the same.

Screens seem to be the least important from a vape performance aspect but needed so that we can input data on chips as advanced as we use now.... save the okl, hex, and other pot mods.

But, we have companies making components as cheap as possible to maximize profit.

Also, I’ve seen Jai almost
Purposely make something harder than it has to be for the sake of drama. I’m not saying that’s what he did, but it wouldn’t shock me either.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No vape company has the capital or R&D that the smartphone companies have.
That's true, but they don't need it. Except for Samsung and Sony, I don't think anybody makes their own screens.

Shenzen is the reverse engineering capitol of the world. Everybody has everybody's technology. It's only a matter of using reliable parts, which are available, and a decent manufacturing process, which is also fully possible. Those do cost more money than junk parts and a not so decent manufacturing process, but my point is, there's no reason why any vape company who wanted to, couldn't sell a touchscreen mod that was pretty much as reliable as most phones. And at reachable mainstream prices.

I know enough about computer stuff to know that this screen Smok is using must be halfway decent or it wouldn't perform as well as it does. But that also requires a processor that can support it and drivers that can make them communicate well too.

What I'm getting at, and not to come off the wrong way, is that good touchscreen tech is mundane these days and isn't dependent on a big budget or years of R&D. It will however cost more than junk.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The dot24 was the first one I was reminded of...
damn did he ever fuck that one up.
I have no problem getting coils in that rda and I had pretty recently started building at the time I saw that review too. I was thinking to myself that it's almost impossible that this man is having this much trouble with this.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sure now ya tell me after I've watched the video. Well, skimmed through it is more accurate.

That wasn't a review. That was a toddler wearing a man-suite babbling on about his squonky bottle and achy Bluetooth. :D
:giggle::giggle: He suffers so that you won’t have to

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After seeing the sx g class next to the x class in the video I don't think the x class is what I'm looking for. Jai is right about one thing, that's a big mod. In all honestly I'd rather get another carbon topside, squonk the damn thing myself and enjoy the extra $100 sitting in my pocket.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow. a lot to respond to in this thread lol.

For now, I have to say that that video is Jai Haze at his worst. He didn't give that thing a fair shake at all.

First off, how ya gonna review a 250 dollar mod that you are opening for the very first time on camera? I have numerous items that took me a little while to learn and appreciate. There's no way you can form a useful opinion over the course of making a short video.

Also, the YIHI Android app works. It's a pain to get running, but it does work. I got it working on my G-Class and despite what he says, yes you can do firmware upgrades with it. This and other things he says while in the menus just shows a general unfamiliarity with YIHI devices overall, regardless of how many he may have handled.

It's childish to just smash a piece like that, especially after less than an hour with it. Why not give it to somebody else to check out?

Terrible video.

It’s also childish to open something up for the very first time and try to give a fair review. And people keep watching, though.
I’m sorry his daughter died, but he’s a horrible reviewer. He won’t give it to someone else to review, because he’s a dick. Same reason he smashed that mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Much more useful review, but Daniel gives some actually real concerns with this device. To say the least. But not with the screen so much :confused:

Looks like a total fail, especially for a YIHI device.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Much more useful review, but Daniel gives some actually real concerns with this device. To say the least. But not with the screen so much :confused:

Looks like a total fail, especially for a YIHI device.

I saw that review too...

Kind of sad that they would do this...

It may be a case where the ipv version is better ... and cheaper

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How does YIHI, of all companies, release a device with totally non-functioning TC? YIHI's claim to fame is their superior TC.

They have somebody/s in a decision making position over there who needs to be fired forthwith. At least the T-Class worked right.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to agree. I'm not interested in a YiHi chip if it doesn't do TC well. That's all i use them for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
shall I change the title to anyone getting an IPV? :giggle:

I like that they went with something new, shame about the execution

Was hoping for a squonking G class with a better performing chipset dammit ...

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Everyone...I can assure you that DjLsb had an earlier firmware version. He had 2.60, my X class came with 2.90 so the review really needs to be redone. I am running an Asgard mini with an SS316L build and temp control works exactly like my G class. In other words, perfectly. There are a few things I would like to see such as a bigger tank but as it is quite easy to refill it's not an issue. The balance charging I have also confirmed has been fixed. Battery life is also very good. Actually better than my G class for some reason. I got my X last Wednesday, it's now Monday at 12:40 am so that's almost 5 days of use, chain vaping. I have only needed to charge the batteries twice in 5 days. When I took batteries out of mod they were at 3.40 and 3.41 volts and after charging 4.20 and 4.21 volts, so, balance charging as well as temp control has been fixed with the version 2.90 firmware that production mods shipped with.
IMG_156581294955F.jpg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
He tried to update the firmware manually I thought?

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
At 24:57 on his video he checks the firmware on the mod...it clearly shows 2.600. The X class that I have has 2.900. He did say that he checked the website for a newer firmware version and there was none available. Fair enough...Yihi should have put 2.900 on the website before mod launched to the public, but they did screw up there. It still isn't on website but if you buy an X class, it will have 2.900. I'm surprised that with his considerable connection and work with Yihi in the past, he didn't try to contact them regarding the possibility of new firmware. I love Daniel's reviewing style and this was a mixup on Yihi's part. They should have made sure the reviewers all had version 2.900 but they didn't so hopefully, they'll get Daniel 2.900 and I'm sure he would re-review in the future. But like I said, all the issues except for the bluetooth app have been fixed and the app really isn't necessary as there is a MAC and Windows version of software to do the same thing. But it is the only fault I have found. The mod itself works flawlessly in all modes of operation.
Capture1.PNG 68828205_10215082314112840_7336285323934040064_n.jpg

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this thread is old, but figured I'd give an opinion now that the price is reduced on this mod. I purchased for $170 with no atty, didn't need another since I've already got lots of squonk RDAs.

After using the IPV V3-mini since August I am sold on auto squonk as a viable technology. Every puff is perfect, just like the last and no suckback like all my manual squonkers fucking up the flavor before the bottle is even half finished. That alone kind of turned me off to squonkers in general, even though I've got 5 of them. I think my Topside dual is a really nice mod, but the flavor changes with use even with deep well RDAs. But the IPV is good to the last drop. Nice, but the IPV is a bit small on vapor production for me, but great for out and about. It also never leaks... just never.

The big mistake I've seen from all the reviewers I've seen is when you do a new build or change RDAs you MUST go to the ohms screen and long press the measure button (with a cold atty) to set the resistance. Once that is done the TC is perfect from then on. If you don't do that the TC will be fucked up and either show no liquid (if no resistance has been stored) or have wrong TC control because the mod has a wrong resistance stored. It only takes 3 seconds to measure resistance, but it's a critical step to get accurate TC. I haven't seen a single reviewer show that step, although DJL must have, but it should have been part of the review really. I saw Vic, in his review, change atty's without doing this on camera and thought what the hell is he doing? This has been a stellar experience for me with no leaks, no suckback making the juice in the bottle nasty, perfect vape every time once you understand the controls.

I get it's not a mod for everyone, but it gives me the most consistent vape from any device I've used in 6 years of vaping.

And the Jai review? That metrosexual fart sniffer is as dumb as a box of hair and doesn't have the intelligence to do a review on anything that requires thought or consideration. I'm sure he's been an embarrassment to his mother all his life. I'll bet he doesn't get a Christmas card from YiHi this year.

VU Sponsors