Become a Patron!

Yosta Livepor 256

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Livepor 256 from Yostatech. The Livepor 256 was kindly supplied by James from the Healthcabin for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/-p/16811.html

In the Box

Contents:

1pcs Livepor 256 Device
1pcs Micro USB Cable
1pcs User Manual
1pcs Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

On opening the box i was met by what appears to be a huge, very heavy device made out of metal with a brushed finish. With the item still in the box i just eye up the metallic sheen thinking this looks a very expensive mod going by materials used and build quality. Taking the device out the box revealed the device (despite still looking just as stunning) is actually plastic and possibly the lightest mod i have picked up. The battery door also looks like it has an expensive leather finish but of course I've got wise by now, it's of course just a sticker, but again very well done. The front of the device has a fire button icon and some distance below this is a reasonable size screen. The front is finished off at the bottom with + and - buttons just above the micro USB port. This whole front section is a fire bar which works best when squeezing towards the top, hence the large fire button icon. I'm not sure if there will be any durability issues with having the screen, USB port, etc on the fire bar, (only time will tell) but it seems perfectly fine. On both sides of the device there is plenty of venting for the chip and also venting for the battery on the bottom of the device. Moving to the top of the device there is a spring loaded 510 in the centre of a raised 28mm 510 plate with liquid spill channel. I received the silver device (it also comes in black and gun metal) with litchi green battery door (Crocodile grain, Colour change leather and Carbon fibre grain also available) and Yostatech have done a very good job of making the device look expensive. When the 3 batteries are fitted the device is lighter than an average duel battery device. I do like the sound of the colour change leather.

Using the Livepor 256

The battery door comes off with a bit of a tug and the battery orientation is clearly marked, the door then fits back into place with strong magnets keeping it very secure. When the battery door was removed i did notice the plastic is quite flimsy and assume the rest of the device will be made with the same strength plastic so i wouldn't wan't to accidentally leave the device on a seat to test how it would hold up to the weight of someone's posterior. The device is a standard 5 clicks on and off and the menu system is simple. 3 clicks allows you to use the + and - keys to go through the modes, VW, Byepass, and then your temperature control wires in turn. 2 quick clicks brings up the PTC settings and setting your wattage for temperature control needs to be done in power mode. Pressing the bar and - together takes you to the set stealth and screen rotation menu and finally pressing the + and - together locks the wattage and temperature (for temp control). The screen is very sharp and bright so every detail can be read easily.
Down both sides of the device are 4 Lights that when switching the device on and changing settings in the menu give a small light show but for those who don't like lights on devices they are not over the top and do serve a main purpose. When firing the lights will display the overall voltage of your batteries, blue = 11.4v - 12.6v, green = 10.2v - 11.4v and red = <10.2v.

Specs:

Size: 94.5 x 42.4 x 55.5mm
Power: 10W - 256W
Mode: VW/Mech/TC(Ni/Ti/SS)/PTC
Resistance range: 0.06 - 3ohm
TC range: 100-300°C/200-600F
Voltage: 9 - 12.6V
Max charge current: 2A
Screen: 0.96-inch TFT
Battery: 3x 18650 cells (Not included)
Thread: 510
Colours: Black, Silver, Gun Metal

Performance

The Yostatech Livepor 256 performed well for me, the last Yostatech product i reviewed let's just say it didn't get a glowing bill of health so after everything seeming good up to using the device i was waiting for the disappointment, but it didn't come. It fires quick enough and felt like it was doing the set wattage no problem. The fire bar is very nice giving a satisfying click. The device can fire down to 0.06 in VW mode which isn't as low as Yihi or DNA chips but is still very impressive. 28mm tanks can fit without overhang and i found the battery life was what i would expect from a 3 battery device. Although the size makes it a desktop device as a rule, in winter with a coat featuring big pockets there is no reason to stop you using the device on the go as it certainly isn't going to weigh your pocket down.

Pros:

Good battery life
Lightwieght
Expensive look
Fires down to 0.06
28mm Tanks fit
Whole front is fire bar
Sharp bright Screen
Easy menu system

Cons:

Very large so not very portable
Not sure how well the device would hold up to something being dropped on it.

Conclusion

A budget device that performs very well and looks even better i particularly like the whole front section being the fire bar.

I would once again like to thank James from the Healthcabin for supplying the Livepor 256 for review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/-p/16811.html

VU Sponsors