You Are Not My Mother: Exclusive Trailer and Poster Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The upcoming folk-horror film You Are Not My Mother -- the feature directorial debut of Irish filmmaker Kate Dolan -- follows Char (Hazel Doupe), a teenage girl in Ireland whose mother Angela (Carolyn Bracken) goes missing. When Angela returns, Char begins to see her mother's increasingly scary change in personality ... as if she's been taken over by a malevolent force. As Halloween arrives, Char understands that it's up to her to save her mother -- or lose her forever.

You Are Not My Mother made its world premiere at last year's Toronto International Film Festival. Today, IGN can exclusively debut the trailer for the supernatural thriller, which you can view in either the player above or the embed below.

We also have the exclusive new poster for the film that you can see below.

In IGN's You Are Not My Mother review, our critic Matt Cabral said the film "effectively mixes folk horror, family drama, and slow-burn scares to deliver an unsettling story elevated by some fantastically nuanced performances. Hazel Doupe's Char, a teenage girl torn between loving her mom and being absolutely terrified of her, is especially engrossing."

"The film's more disturbing than frightening," Cabral added, "but it's a more-than-promising first full-length effort from director Kate Dolan, who we hope will continue to tingle our spines."

You Are Not My Mother debuts on theatrical and VOD on March 25, 2022, via Magnet Releasing.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors