Become a Patron!

Zeus Subohm Tank

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else having issues with the Geek Vape Zeus Subohm tank FLOODING?! I checked all o-rings, coils inserted correctly, nothing under/over-tightened. I’m probably losing more juice than I’m vaping.

I heard something about the leaks are coming from over-tightening the the base when putting it back together, but I’ve been making sure to be careful with that. Anyone know anything?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Anyone else having issues with the Geek Vape Zeus Subohm tank FLOODING?! I checked all o-rings, coils inserted correctly, nothing under/over-tightened. I’m probably losing more juice than I’m vaping.

I heard something about the leaks are coming from over-tightening the the base when putting it back together, but I’ve been making sure to be careful with that. Anyone know anything?
That sucks. I have three of them and got one when it was first released with never an issue in any way.
You've tried a different coil im guessing and it still happens.
Is the top cap seal good?
Have you swapped the seals, o rings, with the spares to see?
If you haven't then I would swap them all out.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I’ve tried a ton of coils. Does it to each and everyone. Floods the bottom deck, then I get mad gurgle. My first Zeus was fine for a long while. Dropped it and derped it a little, so I prefer a new one. New one is just a deck flooding madman. I’ll try ALL the o-rings, I guess. It’s a a shame. Amazing Subohm tank.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Sorry I don't own this sub tank, but when I use sub tanks and have this problem I hold paper towel around the air vents and blow down thru the drip tip to get rid of liquid. Try closing off the air vents when filling and after replacing the cap, hold upside down for a few minutes to hopefully get the tank pressurized.
I hope these tips help you!
Make sure you are using the proper wattage recommended to vaporize the liquid.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I don't own this sub tank, but when I use sub tanks and have this problem I hold paper towel around the air vents and blow down thru the drip tip to get rid of liquid. Try closing off the air vents when filling and after replacing the cap, hold upside down for a few minutes to hopefully get the tank pressurized.
I hope these tips help you!
Make sure you are using the proper wattage recommended to vaporize the liquid.
The problem with the Zeus is that it’s top airflow, so tipping it upside down is the only way to clear out excess juice.

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
It does sound like a pressurization issue. Which could be several things. Sounds like you have tried quite the most obvious solutions that should have worked, but did not. You could always open a chat with GV and let them help you troubleshoot it. I do recommend pulling an "Office Space" on it if it continues to piss you off.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The only time I've ever had the problem you describe with a Zeus is when I had too much cotton in my coil, and a tiny bit of the cotton was keeping the deck cover from sealing properly. The wick tails on the Zeus should not hang very long - if you haven't already, check a YouTube video or two about your particular model and be sure your wicks aren't too long.

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only time I've ever had the problem you describe with a Zeus is when I had too much cotton in my coil, and a tiny bit of the cotton was keeping the deck cover from sealing properly. The wick tails on the Zeus should not hang very long - if you haven't already, check a YouTube video or two about your particular model and be sure your wicks aren't too long.
I’ll keep that in mind....but I’m talking about the Subohm tank :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Sorry, I saw Zeus and the "subohm tank" part didn't even register. Senior moment.

Hope you get it sorted out.

VU Sponsors