Become a Patron!

‘This is like McDonald’s telling you to give up junk food and stick with salads’

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The FDA needs to get off their asses and approve IQOS for sale in the US. It's been over a year since the MRTP and PMTA was submitted...

Yes, most of the people here don't need or want IQOS. We managed to put down the combustible cigarettes via vaping. But vaping doesn't work for everyone. If it did, there wouldn't still be 30-some million smokers. With vaping having been around for almost 10 years now, I would expect that the majority of the remaining smokers have already tried it, just like most of us tried patches, gum, and what have you. I'm pretty dang confident that IQOS will add to the number of people who put down the combustible cigarettes.

Yes, IQOS is probably doesn't offer quite the same degree of harm reduction that vaping does. But there's little doubt in my mind that the harm reduction is still quite substantial compare to combustible cigarettes. Dr. Farsalinos has done some independent tha back this up. So the same arguments apply that we vapers make. It's generally acknowledged that vaping is not as safe as quitting entirely, and we accept that. We should also accept that IQOS can still provide substantial benefits to smokers who've been unable to quit using vaping.

Yes, IQOS is more expensive than vaping. But that's hardly a fair comparison, because once a vaper has settled in with gear he's satisfied with, the ongoing cost can be reduced to almost negligibly low levels with DIY juice. Even if IQOS costs the same as smoking, it's still a win if it gets people off combustible cigarettes.

VU Sponsors