Become a Patron!

1 battery vs 2 battety

TheDoctor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I figure due to logic that 2 batteries are better than 1. But what I want to know is why, why are 2 batteries better, does it double the output? Or the life (doesn't Seem to extend life that far). I always run 2 in my custom mod and they do hit harder than my tube mods. Any one know the logistics in multi battery modding?

TheDoctor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well normally i run them parallel but my next mod i was planning on doing a stacked battery style mod, (serial? or do u mean series?) so which does which? im thinking para is longer mah but im not sure (hence the reason im asking)

TheDoctor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thank you so much, holy crap that is helpful. and apperently my suspicions were correct, im definitely running a stacked style (or serial) in my next mod. again thank you so much for the info

Artisan Vaping

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
If your mod is regulated and uses a switching regulator, then stacked batteries are safer. This is because less current will be drawn from the batteries than is needed to output to the atty (i.e. buck regulator). The less current you draw from the batteries, the safer you will always be.

If you used stacked batteries unregulated, that is actually MORE dangerous than a single, or parallel batteries.

The only danger with Stacked batteries in a regulated mod is if they are mismatched, i.e. one is older or charged less than the other. Then what happens is more current is supplied by one than the other, which puts more stress on one of the two batteries.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have one of these beauties.Fazed Box Mod.jpg

It holds two 18650 batteries, don't remember if they are series or parallel but I do remember being told it will run on one battery if need be.

With two 18650 2,600 mAh batteries it will go just about 4 days.

TK Bisher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thank you so much, holy crap that is helpful. and apperently my suspicions were correct, im definitely running a stacked style (or serial) in my next mod. again thank you so much for the info
Yeah definitely, I knew of the different ways to setup batteries, but not effects of the configurations. Thanks for the link sir!

VU Sponsors