Become a Patron!

100mg or 36mg base?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started DIY about six months ago and its almost time to order more supplies. Last time I got a 120ml bottle of 100mg/ml nicotine base. Browsing ecigexpress today, I found they also have a 36mg/ml base.
I use "ejuice me up" on the computer to calculate mixes. Are there any benefits to getting a lower concentrated base such as the 36mg as opposed to 100? I usually dilute down to 3mg for my final juices. I'm asking because I figured that the lower concentration may be easier to mix with more accurate percentages. Thanks

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
don't really think so ... if you started with the 100mg base just stick with it.. most of the experienced mixers buy that ... saves space / shipping etc .. keep in mind if you are placing an order you may wish to purchase a bit more considering the current state of affairs on the horizon ! :)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unless you're apprehensive about handling 100mg nicotine, I see no real benefit in buying anything less potent.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I should add that I'm only considering going with 36 because my only syringe is 40ml blunt tip and I don't believe it's very accurate with low quantities, such as when a recipe only calls for 0.7ml of nicotine base.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can easily buy a 1ml syringe at any pharmacy.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some pharmacies will give you a handful of oral syringes if you ask. EBay has them dirt cheap.
You'll use a lot more 36mg nicotine to achieve your desired nic level in a mix. 100mg is a lot cheaper to use, as it requires so much less.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I should add that I'm only considering going with 36 because my only syringe is 40ml blunt tip and I don't believe it's very accurate with low quantities, such as when a recipe only calls for 0.7ml of nicotine base.

As mentioned, grab some 1ml and maybe 10ml or 20ml syringes or whatever... when you order PG, VG or Nic. Or try a Wally World pharmacy for a couple to tide you over.

Our 100mg/ml is more economical plus we're laying up stores for the crackdown... it takes up less space. I doubt I'd want pure 1000mg, but I'd snap up 200mg if it was commonly available.
Three or four hundred even... keeps the math easy. :p

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I cut my 100nic into 50ml bottles(freezer) then into 100mls of 48mg and use that since it was 48nic I bought the first time and I'm use to working with it. Its more forgiving incase a rogue drop or two get away. Mixing by weight rather than mls make the whole process more accurate and way easier cleanup.
I just use the calc to mix up my 48 base
EJM%20100nic.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I cut my 100nic into 50ml bottles(freezer) then into 100mls of 48mg and use that since it was 48nic I bought the first time and I'm use to working with it. Its more forgiving incase a rogue drop or two get away. Mixing by weight rather than mls make the whole process more accurate and way easier cleanup.
I just use the calc to mix up my 48 base
EJM%20100nic.jpg
This is a great suggestion, especially if you're mixing small quantities. Definitely get a 1ml syringe for your nic.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no real cost advantage to the 100mg vs other concentrations (I've run the numbers). The primary advantage comes down to less storage space with the offsetting disadvantage being the extra caution required for handling. Forgive my soap box but if you have children or elders in your home, you need to pay particular attention to safe storage. Here is my approach to safer storage that may be relevant. Cheers.

VU Sponsors