Become a Patron!

18650 run time

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How long should a 18650 battery last vaping all the time ? Like a 2500 mAh High drain 35amp .
Half day ? Eight hours ? I know it be base on how much one vapes but say a change vaping dude .
Sorry if this has been ask before but just did not see it . There is a bunch of forum here .

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even if chain vaping, it depends on the wattage used in regulated and the ohms used in a mechanical.

I go through 2-4 pairs of batteries a day using builds under 0.2 ohms @ 90 watts.
At a vape convention I can go through a pair of batteries in less then half an hour just from non-stop vaping.

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even if chain vaping, it depends on the wattage used in regulated and the ohms used in a mechanical.

I go through 2-4 pairs of batteries a day using builds under 0.2 ohms @ 90 watts.
At a vape convention I can go through a pair of batteries in less then half an hour just from non-stop vaping.
Thanks Zaroba , that helps a lot . I was just trying to get a ball part figure because I had no idea .

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From my experience, whether using a subtank or a crown, I get about a tank out of one 18650!

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Half a day, usually.
I go through 10 and 12 ml of juice per day, .27 ohm RDA, double-batt mod.
So four batteries per day. Samsung 25Rs, 2500 mAh.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I saw a way to calculate approximately how long a battery would last you, I can't remember it very well, but it had something to do with converting to watt hours first, then figuring out how many minutes you'll get at a certain watt setting, and taking into account how long you fire the mod for each drag, you can figure out approximately how many toots a battery gives

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys .
Rabbit Slayer , Maybe some here well point us to that calculator . I like to see it even thought I mite not understand it .

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My travel kit, running 1.11Ω @ 45w lasts me 2 days and 3-4 2.5ml tanks, 1 battery. My main gig for outside that is my RX200, I'll change batteries every day or so, running .34Ω @100w, going through ~10-12mL per battery change. Then I have my triple parallel mech mod I run at .1Ω, I don't use it a ton, but a good bit every day, I change batteries once or twice a week going through 15mL+ per change. My Noisy Cricket I use second most at home, lasts me around 3 days running .48Ω, I use a dripper on it so hard to say, but when I used a tank, I'm guessing around 10mL per swap. Those are my main devices and how often I use them. Point is, as the others said it's variable. Also while many feel lower resistance is a better vape, that's not necessarily true, my 1.11Ω vape is wonderful, a bit cooler than my ideal but it's nice and I enjoy it.

Also there's no such thing as a 35amp battery, just something that needs to be said. LG HB series is the only true 30amp, things like the VTC4/LG HD are in the 20's, 25rs are 20amp+, and then things like LG HG, Samsung 30q and some others are 20amps. Anyways, nothing exceeds 30amp for continuous rating.

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for that info Jerus . Much appreciated . I was looking at a 18650 on ebay that said 35amp where I got that info from .
EDIT: I am going to need a few more batteries so who makes the best for a VWM ? That I should buy .

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ummmm wow, I get a few days/tanks of juice if I'm on a kayfun with a 1 ohm build at 15w
about a day/15ml-20ml od juice, with a 0.5 ohm build at 30w
about 3 hours/5ml of juice at 0.2 ohm build at 55w

it all depends on how you vape

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for that info Jerus . Much appreciated . I was looking at a 18650 on ebay that said 35amp where I got that info from .
EDIT: I am going to need a few more batteries so who makes the best for a VWM ? That I should buy .
For most VW devices you won't need beyond 20amp, in that case Samsung 30q or LG HG2 are your best bet. If you're going high wattage maxing out your device it may recommend 25amp, then I'd say go with Samsung 25r (not a true 25amp but can handle it in pulses easily), VTC4 (again not true 25amp but can handle it very easily), or LG HD (true 25amp). Liionwholesale.com is where I go to get my batteries usually. Illumn is another good one. I always try to go to true battery suppliers rather than grabbing them from standard vape sites or ebay, these focused suppliers actually test their supplies rather than trusting their sources, that can't be said about many of the places that sell batteries. It's worth the extra few dollars to get the real McCoy. Liionwholesale gets to me in about 3 days (across the country from Pennsylvania to California) and costs about $6 per battery and $5 for shipping, plus you get a nice plastic case!

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you very much jerus . I am just running a Kbow at 8 watts now with a Subtank mini but have a Griffin on the way . I well be updating to a new Mod here pretty soon though . I have two batteries for it now but I have had them for a year now and am trying to update my vaping stuff . Batteries are starting to get week now too .

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you very much jerus . I am just running a Kbow at 8 watts now with a Subtank mini but have a Griffin on the way . I well be updating to a new Mod here pretty soon though . I have two batteries for it now but I have had them for a year now and am trying to update my vaping stuff . Batteries are starting to get week now too .
Batteries typically last 6mo-1year depending on usage, so yeah, sounds like you're due.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds about right.

And for the last time, those "35A" are actually 20A rewraps (if you're lucky).

BTW did anyone see this one:
Yeah I've seen that. There's simply no reason to trust the rewraps. I really want to question some of the vape shops that stock them (but that requires going to them) as to why they stock them. Typically you're going to pay a good bit more (2-3X) for these crap batteries at the shops than you do buying quality batteries online. So it's imply exploitation of the ignorant at the risk of their safety to make a buck. From what I've seen as to prices on batteries in vape shops they charge $10-20 per battery, even if they bought from a site like Liionwholesale they'd be marking up the product at 200%+, how cheap do they get these batteries? Is it worth risking their customers well being? They could grab 25rs at $5 a pop and sell them at $10 making 200% profit, but no apparently that isn't enough. It's just sad.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buying any kind of rewraps makes no sense to me.
These companies have to buy the batteries, unwrap, rewrap and distribute them, all while still selling them at a competitive price.
The only way to accomplish this is to buy low bin batteries (very low bin) and that's the best case scenario.
The only rewraps that are said to hold high bin batteries are AW and they are the most counterfeited of them all.

People buy them because they look purple and shiny and because they don't know any better.

Last edited:

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks again all . I do have some 18650 batteries that well not work in my Kbox . Not sure what brand they are but they are blue . Work fine in my flash light but not in the Mod . Wounder why ?

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure about the Kbox, but some mods have the ability to recognize unsafe/defective/incompatible batteries, so maybe this is the case.
Hard to tell by just the color, any writing on them?
Better safe then sorry, get a new battery(s), LG, Samsung or Sony (nothing else) from a known distributor.

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nightshard , There is no markings on them . I used them in my mechanical mods and they worked fine but when I got the Kbox they would not work .

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see why my blue batteries do not work now by this video .

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can buy them off amazon.com. But why do you want a battery with a max 1.5 amp continuous draw and 6 amp pulse over those available with a max 20 amp draw and pulses in the dozens of amps?

There is a reason the places like amazon.com and fasttech sell it but not the reputable vaping battery vendors like illumn.com and liionwholesale.com :p

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can buy them off amazon.com. But why do you want a battery with a max 1.5 amp continuous draw and 6 amp pulse over those available with a max 20 amp draw and pulses in the dozens of amps?

There is a reason the places like amazon.com and fasttech sell it but not the reputable vaping battery vendors like illumn.com and liionwholesale.com :p
Not sure what to get . One reason I been trying to research them . What would you buy ?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use Samsung 25R5s currently.
http://liionwholesale.com/products/...mah-flat-top-wholesale-lot?variant=1038201992
http://www.illumn.com/18650-samsung-inr18650-25r-r5-2500mah-green-high-discharge-flat-top.html

I wouldn't trust anything on fasttech as being authentic, they are basically the top distributor of fake and clone items and will lie about items just to get them to sell better, not even caring about how many people point out that their info is wrong. While Amazon.com does have regulations regarding item listing, it is still just as easy to get fakes from them since anybody can sell stuff on amazon, the same way anybody can sell stuff on craigslist or ebay.

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use Samsung 25R5s currently.
http://liionwholesale.com/products/...mah-flat-top-wholesale-lot?variant=1038201992
http://www.illumn.com/18650-samsung-inr18650-25r-r5-2500mah-green-high-discharge-flat-top.html

I wouldn't trust anything on fasttech as being authentic, they are basically the top distributor of fake and clone items and will lie about items just to get them to sell better, not even caring about how many people point out that their info is wrong. While Amazon.com does have regulations regarding item listing, it is still just as easy to get fakes from them since anybody can sell stuff on amazon, the same way anybody can sell stuff on craigslist or ebay.
I see . Many thanks .

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Samsung 25R are a very good recommendation, it would be my first choice too.
There are 25R2 (cyan) and 25R5 (green).
The difference is that the 25R5s are supposed to last more charge cycles.

Other options:
Samsung 20R, LG HE2, LG HE4, Sony VTC4, Sony VTC5, just as long as you can find authentics.
LG HG2 and LG HG4 are also a viable option as long as you don't charge while vaping.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1. Stick with name brand batteries, and buy from a reputable supplier. For stock 20A batteries, good for about 60 watts per battery in the mod, Samsung 25Rs or LG HE2s or HE4s. For extended life, the Samsung 30Qs. I used to recommend the LG HG2s as well, but some counterfeits have recently popped up, so I'm laying off those until we figure it out.

For higher watts, about 85-90 per battery, the LG HD2C or Sony VTC4. For super-high watts, call it 120 per battery, the LG HB6.

Be aware as watts per battery increase, battery life decreases. It's a trade off you have to make.

Flench

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks again for all the help . I know what to get now thanks to you guy's . Enjoy you day guy's .

VU Sponsors