Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Figured I would show off my 1st two builds and see what everyone thinks

Built on a Dark Horse and an Innokin Coolfire 4

The single coil was 1.2Ω and ran ok at 30watts
The dual coil is at 0.5Ω and is running beautifully at 30watts

Please feel free to critique what you see. I am an open mind thirsty for knowledge

d16749c29eb3dd4b9e1dea1c615cf574.jpg

c55ef048d12189e9a1cf2bdec68b2ba0.jpg

1085fe251e49b3a834ca8ea5fb370cc2.jpg

21b71b21459c230197448aaa24131dcb.jpg

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Better than what I can currently do. lol Looks a bit crooked, or maybe "over-pinched", but not too horrible.

oneupmshrm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the input. For some reason I thought you wanted to have the coils tightly pinched together. But I am no expert lol.

cjk081293

Member For 4 Years
That's what I thought too but I just started building myself. Ironically enough my first builds on my dark horse (first thing I rebuilt on) was a single coil at 1.1 ohms and then I did a dual coil at .5 ohms with 26g kanthal and if I remember right it was either six or seven wraps for mine.

oneupmshrm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's what I thought too but I just started building myself. Ironically enough my first builds on my dark horse (first thing I rebuilt on) was a single coil at 1.1 ohms and then I did a dual coil at .5 ohms with 26g kanthal and if I remember right it was either six or seven wraps for mine.

I swapped out my wicks and cleaned the coils today on the dual build. Before I re-wicked I separated the coils a bit. They are still holding at 0.5 ohms with 26g Kanthal and 5-6 wraps.

I think the big difference is the rate at which the buildup collects on the coils. The tighter they are pinched together the quicker they get gunked up.

I am also noticing an improved flavor with the coils separated a bit.

I am definitely not a pro but this is what I have noticed so far. If someone can correct me please do.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not bad for the beginning. However, I personally would at least shorten the wick. The wick's end only have to touch the deck. It will also improve the air circulation.

oneupmshrm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not bad for the beginning. However, I personally would at least shorten the wick. The wick's end only have to touch the deck. It will also improve the air circulation.
Awesome! Thanks for the advice:)

cjk081293

Member For 4 Years
I swapped out my wicks and cleaned the coils today on the dual build. Before I re-wicked I separated the coils a bit. They are still holding at 0.5 ohms with 26g Kanthal and 5-6 wraps.

I think the big difference is the rate at which the buildup collects on the coils. The tighter they are pinched together the quicker they get gunked up.

I am also noticing an improved flavor with the coils separated a bit.

I am definitely not a pro but this is what I have noticed so far. If someone can correct me please do.

I'm definitely noticing that when I had my coils closer together they got gunked up faster as did you. I built a new set that came out to .45 ohms today and one of them was better spaced then I had and its barely gunked but my other one is already gunking up.

And good to know on the wicking, I had done something similar and though it's working a lot better now I'm gonna keep that in mind when I go to rewick.

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel as though when you have tighter pinched coils they do in fact gunk up faster but also it depends on the wire sometimes like i started with 26g a1 and now build with 24g a1 and i have them all pinched tight enough for me to be happy with and im doing 5 wraps on most of my 24g and after i angled both of the coils just slightly up i noticed HUGH flavor increase on my turbo v2 which is very easy to build on along with the added ease of the 24g and if the cotton doesnt feel like wicking for me i change the cotton out and while the cotton is out i recheck the connection and burn off the gunk by pulsing the coil and rewick also with that being said always wash your hands like a doctor right before because the oils on your hands can actually alter the juice flavors but all in all it is a nice build

vaping_in_dirty_jerz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i do have a question for you how do you like the cotton bacon i just picked up some today and havent tried it out yet the guy at the shop was pretty much swearing by it

oneupmshrm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel as though when you have tighter pinched coils they do in fact gunk up faster but also it depends on the wire sometimes like i started with 26g a1 and now build with 24g a1 and i have them all pinched tight enough for me to be happy with and im doing 5 wraps on most of my 24g and after i angled both of the coils just slightly up i noticed HUGH flavor increase on my turbo v2 which is very easy to build on along with the added ease of the 24g and if the cotton doesnt feel like wicking for me i change the cotton out and while the cotton is out i recheck the connection and burn off the gunk by pulsing the coil and rewick also with that being said always wash your hands like a doctor right before because the oils on your hands can actually alter the juice flavors but all in all it is a nice build
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated:)

oneupmshrm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i do have a question for you how do you like the cotton bacon i just picked up some today and havent tried it out yet the guy at the shop was pretty much swearing by it
I like it. Its easy to work with and has great wicking capabilities. The vapor production is very nice also.

It seems to be a smoother vape. But that could just be in my head lol.

I also have a bag of organic cotton balls that I am going to try. I just need to boil them and pull them apart.

VU Sponsors