Become a Patron!

2 Days no Smokes!

Mspinky71

VU Donator
YAY! Two weeks ago I was a 1 1/2 - 2 pack a day smoker, was adamantly opposed to vaping for many reasons but the reality was I didn't want to stop smoking, I liked it! So now I'm a caper and like it so much more than smoking. After I got my spinner stick and little aspire tank, I quickly realized it wasn't going to be sufficient, so I went to my local shop and they set me up with an ipv2 mini and arctic tank. Now that I've been doing a ton of research I've realized I'm a flavor chaser. I've realized I'm more satisfied with a higher pg than vg, like a warmer vape and the size of the cloud doesn't matter to me. So I'm hoping to get suggestions on how to get the most flavor? Considering I'm not spending $65+ a week on cigarettes I'm not too worried about cost.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to the family! You sound like me, lol. I'm high PG, want flavor!! PG will bring it, but can also add throat hit. I don't mind that part, but a lot of people find it too harsh. I don't know much about the arctic tank, but many people love it. You'll love the iPV, too.

You'll probably find some good info on that tank in this section. http://vapingunderground.com/forums/sub-tanks-clearomizers-glassomizers.401/

Enjoy the forum, take your time to look around and join in on the fun!

Mspinky71

VU Donator
Welcome to the family! You sound like me, lol. I'm high PG, want flavor!! PG will bring it, but can also add throat hit. I don't mind that part, but a lot of people find it too harsh. I don't know much about the arctic tank, but many people love it. You'll love the iPV, too.

You'll probably find some good info on that tank in this section. http://vapingunderground.com/forums/sub-tanks-clearomizers-glassomizers.401/

Enjoy the forum, take your time to look around and join in on the fun!
Thank you!

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will give you some advice, when your craving hit the living shit out of your mod!!!!!!!

I was a 2 pack a day and I quit with a sub tank mini and the older ipv2. Good luck man !!

Think of all the bonuses of vaping also helps..

Good luck and welcome !!!!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The arctic tank is pretty much a very "high power hungry" type tank and is very airy which is more designed for chasing clouds with flavor.

You might want to experiment with some different tanks to find what you're after.

Considering you mentioned that you consider yourself more of a flavor chaser, there are some better tanks that dont ask for alot of power to make work and wont suck down 30ml of juice a day.

Also consider maybe an RDA for while at home...An RDA is the best method of "flavor" if you chose the right one...The only issue with an RDA is you have to learn to make coils and there is a small investment in the proper tools and materials to do it with.

I would recommend a Nautilus tank and see if that is something you like first..it is very much so considered a "flavor" type tank..The juice consumption and power requirements will be about 4 times less than the arctic tank...Juice isnt cheap when you have to purchase it retail...The Nautilus is more of a "mouth to lung" type tank as opposed to a "lung hit" type tank of the arctic.

Mspinky71

VU Donator
I will give you some advice, when your craving hit the living shit out of your mod!!!!!!!

I was a 2 pack a day and I quit with a sub tank mini and the older ipv2. Good luck man !!

Think of all the bonuses of vaping also helps..

Good luck and welcome !!!!
Thanks for the advice! My husband and I are quitting together and we're both hitting the shirt out of it!

Mspinky71

VU Donator
The arctic tank is pretty much a very "high power hungry" type tank and is very airy which is more designed for chasing clouds with flavor.

You might want to experiment with some different tanks to find what you're after.

Considering you mentioned that you consider yourself more of a flavor chaser, there are some better tanks that dont ask for alot of power to make work and wont suck down 30ml of juice a day.

Also consider maybe an RDA for while at home...An RDA is the best method of "flavor" if you chose the right one...The only issue with an RDA is you have to learn to make coils and there is a small investment in the proper tools and materials to do it with.

I would recommend a Nautilus tank and see if that is something you like first..it is very much so considered a "flavor" type tank..The juice consumption and power requirements will be about 4 times less than the arctic tank...Juice isnt cheap when you have to purchase it retail...The Nautilus is more of a "mouth to lung" type tank as opposed to a "lung hit" type tank of the arctic.
Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the Nautilus so I think I'll try it out.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit the cigs. Good luck to the both of you.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Always good to hear a good story by new members.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i have the nautilus mini, it's a nice tank. you my need a higher nic level with it than the arctic.

atssec97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Congrats!! I am a new vapor and new non smoker for the past 5 weeks and I have the Nautilus and 2 mini nauts and rotate them with different juice flavors and enjoy them A LOT. A LOT as in chain vaping all day long!! haha! There are some amazing tasting liquids on the market so you can spend that $65 a week easily, or at least I have. I'm trying to mix my own now cause i didn't want to keep spending all that hard earned money on cigs and now e juice.
I am really enjoying mixing my own and this forum has some GREAT people that are all willing to help and there are more recipes available than you could ever try! Good Luck!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU, and congrats to you both on kicking the stinkies!

Mspinky71

VU Donator
Congrats!! I am a new vapor and new non smoker for the past 5 weeks and I have the Nautilus and 2 mini nauts and rotate them with different juice flavors and enjoy them A LOT. A LOT as in chain vaping all day long!! haha! There are some amazing tasting liquids on the market so you can spend that $65 a week easily, or at least I have. I'm trying to mix my own now cause i didn't want to keep spending all that hard earned money on cigs and now e juice.
I am really enjoying mixing my own and this forum has some GREAT people that are all willing to help and there are more recipes available than you could ever try! Good Luck!

Thank you and congrats to you too! I did go to get a Nautilus but both my local shops were out but one had a mini so I got that and now plan to get the Nautilus when they get more in. I'm wanting to make my own juices but want to have a good idea of how to get started and what I need, where would you suggest I go to get that info?

atssec97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you and congrats to you too! I did go to get a Nautilus but both my local shops were out but one had a mini so I got that and now plan to get the Nautilus when they get more in. I'm wanting to make my own juices but want to have a good idea of how to get started and what I need, where would you suggest I go to get that info?
I would start by following Hucks link above! He says it all in his talking points. Wish I had asked that question before Discover and I found Bull City and RTS.
Keep it simple and have fun! And stay tuned to VU. I enjoy this forum and everyone will gladly share tips and tricks and the recipes are endless.

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You did the right choice, when you turned to vaping :D and welcome to the forum :D

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

lexi13nicole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new here too! I am starting my first day seriously trying to cut back smoking! I only smoked 5 cigarettes today, for being about a 1 1/2 - 2 pack a day smoker as well I'm pretty happy with that. Tomorrow hopefully I'll have even less! I'm glad I'm not alone, congrats with your progress!

VU Sponsors