Become a Patron!

2 years vaping, lung xray shows all clear!!!!!!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I quit smoking 2 years ago; and, started vaping. I decided this was the year that I would make every stride to improve my health. Diet, exercise and evaluate my health.
Part of the evaluation was chest Xray, got the results today. All clear!!!!!!!!! Like I never even smoked!!!!!!/!!

#improof

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Started when I was 15; quit at 36.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit smoking 2 years ago; and, started vaping. I decided this was the year that I would make every stride to improve my health. Diet, exercise and evaluate my health.
Part of the evaluation was chest Xray, got the results today. All clear!!!!!!!!! Like I never even smoked!!!!!!/!!

#improof
So your telling us no windshield film was detected!? ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I too had a lung scan recently and mine was clear also, Been vaping 2.5 yrs. smoked for 48 yrs. I am amazed! When I told the Dr. I vaped he was really pleased and said it was to bad more people wouldn't make the switch.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Fascinating. Were you guys mostly vaping high PG or high VG?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

#improof
So this means that we have to put up with you for an extended period of time? :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's great news, congrats! :)

Just curious, did you happen to have any x-rays taken from before you started vaping to compare?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Fascinating. Were you guys mostly vaping high PG or high VG?
50/50 for a while then switched to max vg for the past 6 months
That's great news, congrats! :)

Just curious, did you happen to have any x-rays taken from before you started vaping to compare?
None that I have; but, the radiologist and my Dr were able to pull some xrays from a few years ago to compare. Their words were that they could see a remarkable improvement and that my lungs were now perfectly clear.
I too had a lung scan recently and mine was clear also, Been vaping 2.5 yrs. smoked for 48 yrs. I am amazed! When I told the Dr. I vaped he was really pleased and said it was to bad more people wouldn't make the switch.
Awesome! Dude!!! congrats!!!!!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
50/50 for a while then switched to max vg for the past 6 months

None that I have; but, the radiologist and my Dr were able to pull some xrays from a few years ago to compare. Their words were that they could see a remarkable improvement and that my lungs were now perfectly clear.

Awesome! Dude!!! congrats!!!!!
And congrats to you too

sandduner8

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow that's great news . And I agree the word needs to get out to the FDA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I get this horrible sense that someone that we know well may start arguing that it was not your Lungs that are clear but your ass...
After getting the word from the doctor, skippyloomagoo couldn't say a thing to bug me right now.

I am going to write a nice long essay on everything that lead me to here an how vaping did literally and provably save me, then hand deliver a copy to our senator on the health and human services committee along with sending copies to casa and the fda.

Not sure what else on that front to do.

Last edited:

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love it, been about a year for me I should go to see what a year looks like, good news man!!!! Love it:)

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious was any other tests done, like lung capacity test etc? I would be curious. Recently started working out again and I'm on the treadmill for 15 min at 7mph which right now about kills me until I get in better shape, but I used to get winded going up and down stairs when I smoked so I know I'm doing a hell of a lot better

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just curious was any other tests done, like lung capacity test etc? I would be curious. Recently started working out again and I'm on the treadmill for 15 min at 7mph which right now about kills me until I get in better shape, but I used to get winded going up and down stairs when I smoked so I know I'm doing a hell of a lot better
No, we didn't see a reason. I'm riding a hand bike a few miles a day and back in the gyme so, lunch capacity and was never a concern. The X-rays were by my request for a precaution.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wait so your telling me after you quit cigarettes and started smoking all those unknown chemicals that your lungs are now clear? I would of thought all that formaldehyde and popcorn lungs would of killed you by now...:D

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not to rain on your parade, but a chest X-ray of a 36 year old 20 year smoker who is healthy at the time of imaging should not have any abnormalities.

I have heard this discussed several times on vaping forums, and the truth is, unless you had some sort of active condition during the 'smoker' X-ray, the two would usually be identical. This is the huge problem with smoking, especially for people around the 20 year mark. Often, around the 20th year people will start getting more frequent X-rays due to various factors, and having a negative X-ray is not a predictor of future lung disease. A 'young' smoker with a normal X-ray may be falsely encouraged by the results.

The long term changes of COPD don't show up in plain film X-ray until the disease has reached severe stages, sadly.

Still, this is GREAT NEWS!!!! Kudos and vape on!!!

VAPING SAVES LIVES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well shit....I guess I should get an MRI now

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe a colon checkup also...:D:D

Probably so... Just need to tell the dr. to be gentle.
Maybe I'll go for a bladder scope also.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, but after smoking for 48+ yrs I am sure my lung cap. was low. Now I can be a lot more active without huffing and puffing though and stairs are not such a challenge.:)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not to rain on your parade, but a chest X-ray of a 36 year old 20 year smoker who is healthy at the time of imaging should not have any abnormalities.

I have heard this discussed several times on vaping forums, and the truth is, unless you had some sort of active condition during the 'smoker' X-ray, the two would usually be identical. This is the huge problem with smoking, especially for people around the 20 year mark. Often, around the 20th year people will start getting more frequent X-rays due to various factors, and having a negative X-ray is not a predictor of future lung disease. A 'young' smoker with a normal X-ray may be falsely encouraged by the results.

The long term changes of COPD don't show up in plain film X-ray until the disease has reached severe stages, sadly.

Still, this is GREAT NEWS!!!! Kudos and vape on!!!

VAPING SAVES LIVES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I am 64 and smoked for 48+ yrs and my lung scan came out, to my surprise, clean. Been vaping 2.5 yrs now, before I would huff and puff just walking across the yard , coughed all night but now no coughing or huff and puff. YES VAPING SAVES LIVES it did mine.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fingers and clothes dont smell like shit anymore...I smell people a mile away when they have smoked...I sit there and wonder HOW THE FUCK DID I Deal with that?? Its just not something you notice when your around it all the time, but I feel bad for all the nonsmokers that sat by me while I reeked like a shit on fire...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well I am 64 and smoked for 48+ yrs and my lung scan came out, to my surprise, clean. Been vaping 2.5 yrs now, before I would huff and puff just walking across the yard , coughed all night but now no coughing or huff and puff. YES VAPING SAVES LIVES it did mine.

AMEN!!!!!!!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Fingers and clothes dont smell like shit anymore...I smell people a mile away when they have smoked...I sit there and wonder HOW THE FUCK DID I Deal with that?? Its just not something you notice when your around it all the time, but I feel bad for all the nonsmokers that sat by me while I reeked like a shit on fire...

You didn't used to work as a proctologist, did you?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You didn't used to work as a proctologist, did you?
Not that I can recall...I do touch things that are almost never cleaned though, you would be surprised how nasty the inside of a PC, Fax, and other gear can get...some people are just nasty. I do use gloves though and most of the time I enter from the rear or side :p

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not that I can recall...I do touch things that are almost never cleaned though, you would be surprised how nasty the inside of a PC, Fax, and other gear can get...some people are just nasty.

OMG!!! The absolute worst are the nail clippings.... Barf

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
OMG!!! The absolute worst are the nail clippings.... Barf

I would consider them semi gross...Ive seen used condoms, chewed gum, and other things that should never be inside a case...

One guy wondered why his PC was over heating, it was pretty bad when I lifted of the trim and all I could see was pieces of Fritos and Im guessing french onion dip(atleast months old) coating almost every board, the psu, and ribbons...

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would consider them semi gross...Ive seen used condoms, chewed gum, and other things that should never be inside a case...
Never found a rubber but plenty of gum, food, boogers and nails....

A rubber? Gross, gross gross

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Exactly!

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats buddy. I'm on my way. Still a while to get there but it's been a few weeks now that I had my last smoke. Off and on vaping for years. Decided to finally get some quality hardware and end this shit. First day was the hardest but damn its starting to feel good.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats buddy. I'm on my way. Still a while to get there but it's been a few weeks now that I had my last smoke. Off and on vaping for years. Decided to finally get some quality hardware and end this shit. First day was the hardest but damn its starting to feel good.
It gets easier bro!
Thank you very much and congrats on making the decision to quit!!!

You're in the right place for help, advice and support!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors