2012 vs 2015

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
57e68638bef8dfb128a7f3539b81d393.jpg

The one on the left is the first vape i ever bought

The ego-t battery and the arrow tank (not tank in pic i dont know what that ones called) After a few months i started cheating then quit vaping and started smoking again :/

Skip to 2015 and nowni have the IPV4S and herkles tank. I went all in buying the this set as i was 100% going to quit smoking. Its been a few weeks and i havnt smoked at all!

The advancemwnt of what 2012 vs 2015 has to offer is amazing haha

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still vape at 7 watts after 3 years...
I don't even think the builds I make will fire that low lol, I must be doing something wrong. Takes at least 20-30 for mine to do a thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't even think the builds I make will fire that low lol, I must be doing something wrong. Takes at least 20-30 for mine to do a thing.

For RTAs I use 32 gauge wire...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That makes sense then, I use 32 as outer wire for a Clapton. I believe if I tried to coil it with my gorilla hands id just be pissed off

It takes some getting used to, but it ramps up fast at low power, so is very efficient...

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The ego-t battery and the arrow tank (not tank in pic i dont know what that ones called) After a few months i started cheating then quit vaping and started smoking again :/

Skip to 2015 and nowni have the IPV4S and herkles tank. I went all in buying the this set as i was 100% going to quit smoking. Its been a few weeks and i havnt smoked at all!

I started vaping in April 2012 and quit smoking with an eGo-C setup. Wasn't too long before I was into mech mods and rebuldables and these days I've also got a few of the newer regulated mods. The advances made are great and it's also really nice that most of the latest hardware actually works.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds familiar. I started in 2012 with a Vision ego-c with ugh CE style clearos. Kept me off cigs for about a year until I got sick of burnt and broken clearos. Sadly, I gave up on vaping until this September when I got real gear. Now I'm pretty much on rebuildables only, dripping and RTA.

Now is such a good time for vaping, it's silly how far we've come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't even remember what I was vaping on back then. But Im sure i was dealing with a lot of crappy tanks with no air flow and stock piling replacement heads. Also tanks and atomizers were not sealed at the bottom so there was always a drop of liquid on the devices post. Very annoying.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds familiar. I started in 2012 with a Vision ego-c with ugh CE style clearos. Kept me off cigs for about a year until I got sick of burnt and broken clearos. Sadly, I gave up on vaping until this September when I got real gear. Now I'm pretty much on rebuildables only, dripping and RTA.

I used eGo-C attys for the first few months and then upgraded to CE4's. At the time I thought I was in vape heaven :)

Times sure have changed.

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't even remember what I was vaping on back then. But Im sure i was dealing with a lot of crappy tanks with no air flow and stock piling replacement heads. Also tanks and atomizers were not sealed at the bottom so there was always a drop of liquid on the devices post. Very annoying.
I just happened to find it while cleaning out some boxes of junk i tried putting my herkles tank on it and it couldnt do a dam thing it fit but couldnt fire haha

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You should compare 09 to 2012. HOLY shit it is like horse drawn buggies to space flight.

Shit, it wasn't that bad. My first PV was an 18650 Chuck which I picked over the curvy Screwdriver as that had to be ordered out of the UK at the time (and was the only other choice besides early cigalikes [which were another universe of awful] way back when).

But hey, remember the gigantic leap from carts with Marine Brand aquarium filter foam and Pyramid tea bags to the modern wonder: cartomizers?!

***Note to youngsters reading: There was no such thing as a carto tank at the time.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like that drip tip on the herkles tank!!:D

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Tank 2012 on the bottom is an Aspire Vivi Nova-S BDC Glassomizer.
They're pretty good, I have a bunch of them color coded for different juice
which I typically use when I'm out and about. I use the 1.8 Ohm coils in them.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol that's definitely 2009 hahaha
2012 what?

VAPE ON
from blue foam to smok cartos and carto tanks, to vivi novas and protanks.

Shit, it wasn't that bad. My first PV was an 18650 Chuck which I picked over the curvy Screwdriver as that had to be ordered out of the UK at the time (and was the only other choice besides early cigalikes [which were another universe of awful] way back when).

But hey, remember the gigantic leap from carts with Marine Brand aquarium filter foam and Pyramid tea bags to the modern wonder: cartomizers?!

***Note to youngsters reading: There was no such thing as a carto tank at the time.

Chucks were the shit if you lucky enough. Scrw drivers...
Silver bullets that was a LONG wait list.
xhalers.

semi mech mods. I still have both and my SB no worky no more.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That makes sense then, I use 32 as outer wire for a Clapton. I believe if I tried to coil it with my gorilla hands id just be pissed off

Nah man, I got those hands. It just takes good eyes (or magnifier lenses)
concentration, and torching the wire before you start wrapping the coil.

Yea, .26 or .28 is so much easier to work
with but sometimes .32 works best...or .30
I'm just wondering how you manage to use Tapatalk 'cause that I can't do...LOL.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Nah old man don;t worry it is not just you..
Taptalk is a fucking mess for an app.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Tapatalk is easy man lol
I have used it since '10 so I'm just used to it I guess

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tapatalk is easy man lol

Not saying you can;t get used to it, but it a mess of an app.
Trying to reach to many platforms and do it all.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
xhalers.

Yeah, I had a good one but continued paying for it on the installment plan sending back for lifetime free button repair - just pay return postage. :D Man, those buttons were a couple different kinds of crappy. I've still got a dent in my thumb but they did hit harder than anything else at the time - and for sometime after.

Silver bullet came after that. I ended up with a Black Chrome model. 'Still have it but the finish was terrible. Still is; both of 'em work. And yep, just a step off a mech ....

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from blue foam to smok cartos and carto tanks, to vivi novas and protanks.

xhalers.

hated blue foam ! that shit would always burn on me ,,teabags were a lot better

Blue paws was my first mod and i hated that little button more then the battery slopping around in there

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tapatalk is easy man lol

I usually have my kid text and Tap..for me. Anyway if you torch the thin wire it works with ya.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The middle of 2013 to beginning of 2014 was when my vaping interest was at its peak; I think around the time when the Kayfun Lite Plus and DNA30 was still pretty new.

Everything since then has just been "meh.." for me.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I took high wattage, low sub ohm vaping to get me convinced to lay of the stinky sticks for good. In 2012 I couldn't get that hot, thick, lung hitting vapor that I do now, safely, with the newer regulated mods. Comparing the old stuff like eGo and Boge cartos to a good RDA on a dual 18650 mod is like comparing a moped to a Harley. It's not even close.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mopeds are great as long as your friends don't catch you.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I took high wattage, low sub ohm vaping to get me convinced to lay of the stinky sticks for good. In 2012 I couldn't get that hot, thick, lung hitting vapor that I do now, safely, with the newer regulated mods. Comparing the old stuff like eGo and Boge cartos to a good RDA on a dual 18650 mod is like comparing a moped to a Harley. It's not even close.

Hey, man ... Boge cartos rocked, man. But seriously, I liked 'em, y'know, back then. :)

'Glad you're off the ciggies, VapeRN. That's another win!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In 2012, vaping will be banned tomorrow. In 2015, vaping will be banned tomorrow. Different year, same story...

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I started with eGos and blue foam.
My last Marlboro was Dec 30 2010.
THIS is what happened when the 'ol lady started bitchin' about all of the tuppers, cardboard boxes, and tackleboxes in the kitchen:

VapeStationMap.jpg

www.vapelogic.com

VU Sponsors