Become a Patron!

24 g 316l builds

i just ordered some 24g 316l and I'm either thinking fused claptons with 36g nichrome or just doing the 24 parallel but wonder if the ohms will be to low whats a better option and ill be using my mech mod

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Assuming dual coils I'd do 8 wraps, 3mm. If it's not hot enough pull one off. At 8 wraps it should be a hair under 0.2ohm.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
0.07 on a tube?
That's what I use on a quad parallel mech.
Why would SS ramp more slowly? It has less resistance than n80.
But 0.07ohm can put a cell into thermal runaway instantly if it's not in parallel.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
84309564b34d807774ff1bf3471a86a4.jpg

when i go down to.07 thats with 24 nichrome parallels and I'm saying ramp down would be slower cause less ohms faster ramp up so you've have more heat so I'm assuming there would be a lot of heat retention

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
steam-engine.org will give you the exact heat flux.
Less ohms doesn't mean faster ramp up. It means more power. If you put the same power into a coil with less mass vs more mass, the one with less mass will heat faster.
But 0.07 is just waiting to vent. Every time some idiot blows their teeth out or burns their face the entire community suffers for it. You can go over the CDR a little but 0.07 is literally triple the CDR.
The things that can fire that safely are G2, Maxo, Lux, DNA and triple parallel mech mods.
0.15ohm is as low as I'd go on one.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors