Become a Patron!

26 gauge ss 316L 9 Wrap dual coil

dpruk

Member For 3 Years
What wattage range should be ok for 26 gauge ss 316L 9 Wrap 3.5mm dual coils. I am trying to use it in the limitless plus but keep on getting dry hits

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Range, from Zero till it too hot to inhale or it burns the wick......... Thats somewhere around .3ohms right, that would be 58-45 watts on my mech (and too hot for me) and I'd guess that I would run it on my Regulated mod at much less say around 20-30watts. Maybe 40watts in TC mode. If I were running a mech with this I would go 1 more wrap. But i like a cooler but still warm vape.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have recently started enjoying Sub Ohm vaping using SS316L coils in TC. Max out the wattage on the regulated MOD and let the TC do the work. Even at 500F never get a hot vape maybe a little warm but still pleasant to me. I can't take a hot vape to any extent.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Using SS316L in my opinion there is no reason to be using it in wattage mode it will work much better in TC.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What wattage range should be ok for 26 gauge ss 316L 9 Wrap 3.5mm dual coils. I am trying to use it in the limitless plus but keep on getting dry hits
Dry hits could be caused by the wicking itself (too much material), not necessarily the wattage utilized.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dry hits could be caused by the wicking itself (too much material), not necessarily the wattage utilized.
Keep it close spaced, too much UNFLUFFED cotton in coils OR too little cotton is my thoughts too.......................not sure on 3.5 mm coils. In my opinion for single wire coils 2.5-3.0 mm are a limit with that small gauge wire (unless your Dripping the cotton manually as in a well cotton loaded RDA)..........I'd bet that some 3.0-3.5 mm SS Claptons would do better (with proper amount of properly prepared wicking and regular tilting of the tank, of course, gravity is still your enemy) than single wire.............Now if you were using a larger size or two in wire with closely spaced coils.....Maaaybe.

With SS Claptons (.25-.5 ohm total) in TC I wouldn't run over 55-60 watts (unless you want a quick HOT vape)..........on SS 22-24 gauge single wire I'd go a couple of extra wraps and keep the spacing close.......or parallel wraps, or even better 3-4, 26 gauge TWISTED wires closely spaced even better (keep eye on resistance)..........your not getting enough juice to the coils fast enough and the parallel or even more so the twisted will let the wire itself load up with extra juice and help with that (as will a good set of Claptons)........

I think whats happening is that you are not getting fast enough wicking inside the coil area to keep up with the wire heat...SS heats pretty hot fairly quickly and holds that heat a bit......

Another NOTE: The wicking set up on the Genesis tanks is similar to the older style Clearamizer's (Genesis does mean a resurrection of something).............and those damn things never really ever wicked very well......especially if your hitting the vaping very hard.......gravity will slow down the juice flow in the wicking under most circumstance's ......where as with the bottom feed tanks, gravity AND atmospheric pressure will tend to push the juice quicker thru wicking and into coil area.......you also might try tipping your rig a bit more and more often to "Manually" speed up re-wetting the wick tails...a slight change of vaping technique.......I never did think much of trying to "wick" a liquid uphill and that was with 50-50 juice mixtures, with most going to max VG juice I think even less of it......I may buy one of these just to test out my thinking on this and insure I am thinking right on this, but I suspect that little about gravity and up hill juice wicking has changed..........haven't heard any new theories from Newton lately.......this type RDTA tank IS good if your majorly concerned with ANY leaking as they are ALMOST leak proof per se....

Hope this helps, but it's just my opinion, those older Novi tanks were nice, but they had their Quirks.........

immafool

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i use 316L ss 26g primarily now in all my builds. i find since the ss wire gets hots fast, you don't need to ramp up the wattages as you would with kathal.

I try to tweak my wattages so that the final output is somewhere around the 3.0v range... anything hotter, and my cotton wick cannot keep up.

i cannot comment on the TC mode, as i am too lazy to figure it out lol.

VU Sponsors