3 months, same coils AND cotton...

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by gsmit1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Yes, you read that right. My Heracles RTA2 still has the very first build and wicking I ever put in it. I have not opened it once since the day I got it. Tastes great and vapes great.

How can this possibly be?

I'm thinking maybe I just like gunked up coils and antique cotton or something. I don't even remember the build I made for it now. All I know is it's .22 ohms and I've been vaping Lemon Twist in it at 90 watts on my Procolor since October.. Near as I can tell, it hasn't even changed in vape quality and flavor since the cotton broke in.

CaFF, fidola13, jinx'd and 2 others like this.
  2. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Going to be a mummified cat in there when you open it up.

Ryedan, fidola13, Teresa P and 5 others like this.
  3. David Wolf

David Wolf Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Take a pucture of your wick and coil and show us when you do open it lmao

Vape Fan, Ryedan, fidola13 and 4 others like this.
  4. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I will do that :)

Every time it starts getting low, I think to myself:

"I really should rewick this thing already..."

But then I'll hit it again and wind up refilling it because it vapes fine. I mean no burnt or nasty taste whatsoever. Thick juicy vapor production and great flavor. Just like the fist day.

I know there will be folks scowling at their screen in disbelief thinking I just must not know the difference. I might think that too, but I do have plenty of other setups. Maybe I accidentally found some sweet spot combination of juice, coils and power or something. Maybe it's changed more than I'm remembering and has produced some kind of aged quality I personally enjoy.

I've been thinking about posting about this for a good while, but was afraid I'd be laughed off this forum. o_O

I don't know. All I know is it just keeps working. At this point it's become a sort of experiment to see how long it continues to do so.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    CaFF, jinx'd and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  5. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But sometimes things start to break down gradually, and we aren't aware of the daily subtle changes. I had a Scottua that tasted fine for quite a while. Eventually it took a while for the coils to heat up for some reason. The flavor was great. So I opened it up, and the build up was so thick that I couldn't even see the coils. Cleaned the coils, re-wicked, and the flavor went from great to freakin' fantastic.

CaFF, Ryedan, gsmit1 and 4 others like this.
  6. BobsHere

BobsHere From Wherever VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    +1 on what the Crazy Chef says

gsmit1, Vape Fan and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  7. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    get a bore scope and look down in there.

8. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I re-wicked my titan yesterday after 2 + weeks on GOC. Had to pulse/rinse 4 times. It wasn't pretty.

gsmit1, Vape Fan and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  9. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Here's a pic of the Scottua before and after. These coils had been in the RDA for about 9 months and were cleaned/rewicked numerous times.

[​IMG]

10. jwill

Blog Posts:
    Looks like smoked meat.

gsmit1 and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  11. Ruppy_bear

Ruppy_bear New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    heres mind. had it installed in the summer and it was a backup, in till I lost my invader 3 with my Kennedy 42. going to be my forth month I think with the coil and 2nd with my cotton.

I was really wasn't a heavy user in till I lost my invader (I had it around 50w and below).

12. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    A few pork butts I did a while ago.

[​IMG]

13. jwill

Blog Posts:
    That looks delicious.

Ryedan, gsmit1 and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  14. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I promise you this is the very first time I've had the base open since last October. :crazy:
    20190106_095407_cr.jpg

Wb80, CaFF, fidola13 and 4 others like this.
  15. KarenG37

KarenG37 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't drip but my coil in my tank lasts me about 3 months.

nadalama and gsmit1 like this.
  16. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    If you're on a pc you can right click on the pic and go to "view image" and get a closer look. It's deceiving. That dark piece on the right by the post is not part of the coil, but makes the coil look crooked, which it actually isn't. It's some kind of coloring in the cotton. Which looks more like gel at this point, but neither the coils nor the cotton are burned very bad. I put it back together and and am still vaping it and it's really good haha. I'm dead serious.

Wb80, CaFF, nadalama and 1 other person like this.
  17. fidola13

fidola13 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    They cleaned up real good. They were really gross lol!

gsmit1 likes this.
  18. fidola13

fidola13 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I like fiddling with my gear so I change out coils and cotton even if I don’t need to. I make my own coils so it’s cheap to do.

gsmit1 likes this.
  19. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I was using a Kayfun clone for months with the same build in it. Cotton was koh gen do. When I finally opened it up, it was disgusting. I took tweezers to get the cotton out because I hate getting mess on my hands. When I touched that cotton with the tweezers, it basically disintegrated. Literally fell all to pieces. Perhaps not a very good recommendation for that particular cotton, but I'm sure some of it was the juice I was using, too. I'd vaped a lot of sweet custardy juices in there.

I never was able to use the RBA unit again. Must have jostled something loose when I was putting it through the wringer, trying to get it clean.

Wb80 and gsmit1 like this.
  20. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Just a quick update to say that this build and cotton is still going great.

Wb80 and jinx'd like this.
  21. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I love it. Hey if it aint damn broke dont need to f with it. Im the same way.

gsmit1 likes this.