Become a Patron!

3D Printed Battery Holders

Hey guys. New to the board and wanted to come here to get some of your opinions.

I came across these listings on ebay for 3d printed battery holders and having a 3D printer and CAD software thought I could design something us vapers would like to use.

example: https://www.ebay.com/i/332417602609?chn=ps

So before i started to design a few early prototypes I wanted to get some use cases from the end users. Things i would consider when designing this are:

1) what would most of you find this useful for? ie: storing batteries in a drawer? carrying in your pocket? something else?
2) would you like inserts to have an 18650 battery fit in a slot without rattling around or just a separate designed holder for 18650 batteries?
3) what would the ideal # of batteries a case like this could hold? more would be larger and if youre keeping these in your pocket something like 4 probably wouldnt be ideal.
4) do you prefer a magnetic lid a screw on lid or a something else? I foresee magnets possibly being an issue if youre walking around with these things in your pocket or throwing them in your glove box or something as the lid could potentially fall off if it's bumped.
5) any other suggestions for battery holder designs? is this something you guys even think is worth purchasing?

I think you've got a solid idea here man. I've recently switched to a single battery mod so I've been carrying around a spare usually in my pocket. So far the only thing I've found for this is a silicone case that likes to stick to the inside of my pocket and really get in the way. For me, something simple like a plastic tube with a twist off cap would be perfect. If you could design something like that I'd definitely be a buyer.

VU Sponsors