3D Printer - 3D Printed Mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnthonyLouis, Apr 14, 2018.

1. obijuan77

obijuan77 New Member

Blog Posts:
    No problem. I printed it in PLA so nothing exotic. I printed the body w only 10% infill to keep it as light as possible anyway. its not going to take any abuse. the only thing is, the hole where you thread your wrap wire you definitely will need to put some sort of metal nut there or the wrap wire will eventually just slice through the plastic. I just put a little dab of crazy glue on a nut and popped it in there called it a day. works perfect.

You can see in more detail in the thingiverse link above, but I just crazy glued it all together, cause again, I wanted to keep it as light as possible. You can assemble the whole thing using nuts and bolts, but I didn't like that idea.

Either way, it works freaking awesome. I can wrap 38 gauge successfully, haven't tried anything higher tho but just watch the tension as it wraps or it will snap. The finer the wire, the less tension you need.

Good Luck!

jasonandsarah likes this.
  2. AnthonyLouis

AnthonyLouis Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    So I got the printer all assembled but for the last 2 hours I’ve been trying to level the bed and I just can’t get it leveled. It’s driving me nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. obijuan77

obijuan77 New Member

Blog Posts:
    lol. so the fun begins....

so you will need something like the thickness of a post card/index card. I use an index card. move the print nozzle to all 4 corners, and slide the index card under there's 'some' slight resistance when you slide the card back and forth. It should be equal on all 4 sides, and then move the nozzle to the center. It should be the same. Then you're ready to start.

4. jasonandsarah

jasonandsarah Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    This lol, its kinda normal for it to bee difficult at first. I know it aggrivated me at first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

obijuan77 likes this.
  5. AnthonyLouis

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I did that but I just got led to one problem after another....
    1) bed was wobbly and didn’t know what to do (fixed)
    2) z axis lead didn’t line up with the z motor (fixed/rigged)
    3) where you put the filament into the Bowden was installed 90 degrees wrong from factory (fixed)
    4) where you place the Bowden tube into the filament feeder was broken and the tube didn’t fit snug (fixed)
    5) z axis stopper is malfunctioning and won’t stop at the same place each time and put 3 holes into my bed already (not fixed, trying to work on it)

So yeah, I can’t even level the bed yet because the damn z axis doesn’t stop where it’s supposed to each time. Still haven’t gotten 1 damn print out of this machine yet.

6. obijuan77

obijuan77 New Member

Blog Posts:
    lol. oh boy. have you got it working yet? don't get discouraged. Unfortunately there's a very steep learning curve with 3D printing, but on the bright side, when you finally figure it out, you will know the damn thing like the back of your hand.
    When I first got mine, I had a problem with the thermistor not reading the nozzle temp correctly so I had all sorts of issues trying to print. I fixed that, then I had issues with the print not sticking to the bed. Then when I solved that issue, I couldn't get the stupid print off the bed! I guess we all have to go through it. All part of the learning process...but you'll get it

7. AnthonyLouis

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I got it up and running for the most part. I had to buy a piece of glass because the bed had a dip in the center that was messing everything up... the only issue I’m having now is the right side of the X Axis sometimes goes a drop lower then it’s supposed to. I just bought a right angle tool so I can try to get it were it’s supposed to be and then try and tighten one of the nuts... hopefully that helps a bit. I’m having some under extruding issues here and there but overall the prints have been coming out pretty good IMO

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

chrisakasparky and jasonandsarah like this.
  8. jasonandsarah

Blog Posts:
    Really glad you got it running and most importantly learned how to fix all those problems. 100% positive it's not the last problems you'll have. Lol
    When your printing a mod or whatever try using a higher infill and you won't get those tiny holes. Or you can also add layers to the outside shell as well. Great job though.

9. AnthonyLouis

Blog Posts:
    I did that on purpose! It’s 90% infill with no bottom/top layers. I wanted the grid design of the infill to be incorporated into the mod rather then have top/bottom layers... I think it just looks better!

10. AnthonyLouis

Blog Posts:
    I’m designing a Dna250c squonk and a PWM Squonk right now... once I get it to a closer representation of where I want it to be I’ll share photos with you guys!

jasonandsarah and chrisakasparky like this.
  11. jasonandsarah

Blog Posts:
    I haven't used my printer in a couple months! This thread makes me want to use it again but I just can't get myself to stop being a punk ass bleep. I gotta get out of this funk I'm in.

chrisakasparky likes this.
  12. chrisakasparky

chrisakasparky Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Start doodling!