TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
anubis.png

I'm chasing another El Diablo Hellboy V2 RDA which I got from a local B&M who no longer carries them and I can't find anywhere in Australia that is stocking and selling them. A quick google search brought up 3FVape selling the Anubis mech mod along with the Hellboy V2 RDA for $27.99USD which comes to around $40AUD. I paid $60AUD just for the RDA from my local B&M!

So I guess my questions would be are these authentic products and does anybody have any experience dealing with 3FVape?

Cheers.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ah never mind. I overlooked the fact it say's "style". They're definitely clones. :(

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea most sites with a mix of authentic and clones will differentiate. Either listing them as 'authentic' in the title or 'style' for clones. Not all but most places are good about it. If the price seems too good to be true for an authentic it usually is (though there have been some really good prices on sales and whatnot).

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yea most sites with a mix of authentic and clones will differentiate. Either listing them as 'authentic' in the title or 'style' for clones. Not all but most places are good about it. If the price seems too good to be true for an authentic it usually is (though there have been some really good prices on sales and whatnot).
3fvape is

What do you guys think about buying clones? I've found the Hellboy V2 RDA for $15 a piece as a clone and I'm tempted to pick a few up but I'm not sure whether I'd be wasting my money.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different people have varying opinions on it. Some think any support of a clone, which basically steals the design, harms those who create the designs. Others think it's ok to buy a clone to check it out and if they like it they purchase the authentic to support the original maker. Others don't care one way or the other.

Personally I see both sides, if I create something I wouldn't want it stolen. Then again there's only so many ways a tank/deck can differ, they all have a 510 pin, they're all based on some sort of 2 pole design (pos and neg), they all use a screw or clamp to hold the wires. Basic concept of 'rda' or 'atty' calls for what makes it function.

If someone can make a metal deck with a pos and neg pole and profit selling it for $15 I'd venture to say the person selling it for $90 is high on their own supply. I know, people will refer to them as artists etc. It's got to be one of the most simple machined mechanisms ever, after the basic concept came out to connect a coiled wire between two posts to heat it up the rest is just derivative works at best. Maybe I'm just brutally honest, but I wouldn't take a hunk of common wood, drill a single hole in it haphazardly as a single atty stand then charge $40 for it.

As with anything, some clones are good quality, others suck. True of 'authentic' versions as well. I don't have any personal experience with that style, clone or authentic so can't comment as far as that goes.

VU Sponsors