Become a Patron!

3rd Battery?

Hi all,

I have 3 married pairs of VTC4s can I "divorce" a pair & make two "threesomes" to run in a new mod that I'm considering? All 6 batteries are the same age (about 3 months) with roughly the same number of cycles. Further, can I join 2 pairs for a "foursome" if I decide on one of those monsters? Thanks for the advise.

Hefe

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No.......You can only marry NEW batteries Groups/sets and they can not be REmarried. A Group starts as a group and most stay a group otherwise they divorce and can never remarry. You can take a pair and make singles or a 3way and make a pair and a single. But you can't go the otherway 2 pair won't make a married quad or even 3way.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No.......You can only marry NEW batteries Groups/sets and they can not be REmarried. A Group starts as a group and most stay a group otherwise they divorce and can never remarry. You can take a pair and make singles or a 3way and make a pair and a single. But you can't go the otherway 2 pair won't make a married quad or even 3way.
^^^^^^ This

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Besides, with 3 batteries they're not married they're menaged. Lmao

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The point (and only point) of marrying batteries is having all batteries of approx. the same age and charge cycles, so yes you can break pairs and make threesomes of batteries even if not new, as long as they are all of the same model age and cycles.

No two batteries are the same and one will always be a bit stronger then the other, even if both come from the same bulk and were treated the same.

VU Sponsors