Become a Patron!

4nine mod getting hot when I vape

dEaDoNaRrIvAl~WaRoNfLeSh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Help! I have a 4nine mod with a tugboat drip tip and when I fire it the button on the bottom gets pretty hot. This never happened before. I cleaned it really well and it is still doing it. I know heat means resistance somewhere but not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Polish the sides of the button and the inside of the tube that the button sits in. Cleaning is good but you need to polish to get rid of the tarnish or whatever you want to call that build up.

Also, you're not using an extra magnet to take up space in there are you?

You also need to use a strong finger to fire it. Pinky firing will probably have the button cocked off to the side creating an arc and heat.

dEaDoNaRrIvAl~WaRoNfLeSh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah it's been thoroughly cleaned and polished inside and out. No extra magnet. Even with concentrated firing making sure it is hitting flush. It still gets hot.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the copper button SS body one and the only time I get hot button is with a lazy press.

I keep the contact points fresh by giving them a lite sand with 1000 grit wet sand... maybe that is helping?
Like the top of the button that contacts the floater magnet and both sides of the floater magnet.

If that doesn't get it... I'm out of ideas. Other than picking up the $12 one I got from fasttech about 6 months ago :)

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whats your build's ohms?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Origin/magma are usually on the 4nine so 0.5 to 0.7.
I have ran my CLT2 on it recently at 0.34 though and didn't have an issue.

I know the voltage drop is ultimately choked off by the stainless tube so the copper button and floater may not help in that department, but maybe it does contribute to not getting a hot button with better conductivity battery to tube.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Origin/magma are usually on the 4nine so 0.5 to 0.7.
I have ran my CLT2 on it recently at 0.34 though and didn't have an issue.

I know the voltage drop is ultimately choked off by the stainless tube so the copper button and floater may not help in that department, but maybe it does contribute to not getting a hot button with better conductivity battery to tube.
Then its the atty and the build if the clt2 works at such a low ohm load.

VU Sponsors