Become a Patron!

4s lipos draining at different rates overnight

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have 2 4s lipo boxes both of them are run with turnigy nano tech 2.2 4s lipos. The problem i am having is that these same 2 lipos in the same exact boxes are draining at different rates when not in use. for example last night one box dropped almost a whole volt and the other box only dropped .3 volts overnight. Now i know the led screen on the box is going to use some battery power but i dont think it should be almost a volt. and if so why did the other box only drop .3 and it seems to be completely random as to which mod drops the most. The only possible cause that i could think of is a dirty connection somewhere so im going to clean them tonight. i would appreciate some help here thanksnew vape 1.jpg new vape 2.jpg

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be anyrhong. From one mod has better solder joint than the other to the batteries are better in one to one meter meters to a slightly different scale.

How about turning the mod off.. then it should consume no volts overnight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kill-switch would work nicely
could even be a poor grounded leads from battery as well. any thing could make a circuit unless your battery and sled are shields and grounded properly

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i do turn the mods off when i remember lol i was kinda just leaving them on as a test to see how much battery life they use. i cleaned all the contacts on both mods last night and this morning they both only lost about .2 nowhere near the volt i was losing so i think problem solved thanks for your help

VU Sponsors