Become a Patron!

510 connector

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried to put a RSST on my Stingray and it forced the pin that screws into the rubber part at the top. I've tried for hours to get it back in but can't. I even put a little juice on the threads and that didn't work. There has to be another way.

All help is appreciated.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Try putting it in the freezer until it is good and cold and give it another try.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks UncleRj. I'll remember that for the future, but I just now got it to work and it's kicking again. You would think a mech would be so simple, but there are many things that can affect it working right and working good.

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks UncleRj. I'll remember that for the future, but I just now got it to work and it's kicking again. You would think a mech would be so simple, but there are many things that can affect it working right and working good.

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

No problem, I am just glad you got it working again!

How did you fix it anyway?

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's not a pretty fix. I used something sharp to put into the rubber part and found that the threading didn't start until you went in a little. So I pushed the pin in thinking it would stop when it got to the thread part. Instead, But it ended up going all the way through. Like I said, not pretty, just dumb luck. But it's working great. Still hits great.

One extra but great thing... Since I pushed the pin all the way through... I no longer get hot spots on the switch. Before, it was was REALLY getting hot.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@jumper - Have you seen the replacements at Fatdaddyvapes? They are made for drilling out stripped tube mods and rethreading the hole to accept these inserts. Just another option I ran across the other day. You will need to purchase a tap as well.

Scroll down to Hardware on the left side of the page they have an insert.

http://www.fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I checked out the site and I'm glad you gave me the link. I'm looking at the "Stingray Ultimate Upgrade". It works without the "white top contact delrin housing". I think that would really smooth out the switch. I have mine working now, but it's still a little "clunky".

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey that's great!;) I didn't even see that. I ran across this site a week ago looking for some 510 to battery connectors. I ended up at A toZ vapers website but then googled fatdaddyvapes.

Let us know if it works for you if you end up buying them!

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep... nice little site. Say... how do you get to be a verified smartass? I'm guessing that's the only way you can get a sig?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep... nice little site. Say... how do you get to be a verified smartass? I'm guessing that's the only way you can get a sig?
I think you have to go to the New Badges post, ask nicely and beg pretty please, but don't quote me on it

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks... I'll go take a look :)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

;)I made it myself.;)..............LOL

As I will quote another user;
"I just have mental issues and need to lord over the masses with my specialty title.":D

@Hobby Kid - BTW; I got these in today, I have not installed it yet. It is going into my MVP2. This thing is sweet. I am going to tap the hole on mine 1st so it may be a few days and I am going to omit the outer washer. It extends slightly over the edge of the mvp2. Either that or I just may save it for another homemade mod?

2375022.jpg

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Hobby Kid - BTW; I got these in today, I have not installed it yet. It is going into my MVP2. This thing is sweet. I am going to tap the hole on mine 1st so it may be a few days and I am going to omit the outer washer. It extends slightly over the edge of the mvp2. Either that or I just may save it for another homemade mod?
Oh I personally wouldn't waste them on an mpv. I bought 22 from ftv too. It was half the price as what the vendors here in the uk are selling them at and they arrived within a week. They're amazing aren't they. I don't understand what you mean by "drilling" them?

//EDIT: ah never mind. I get what you mean

Last edited:

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Hobby Kid - That was the other type I was talking about on fatdaddys site for tube mods.

The way I understood it was to drill the old stripped threads out and tap then screw in the other type of connector.
Just for clearification for others.
1672746.jpg

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Hobby Kid - That was the other type I was talking about on fatdaddys site for tube mods.

The way I understood it was to drill the old stripped threads out and tap then screw in the other type of connector.
Just for clearification for others.
Oh I missed them when ordering. P&P is too high to order by themselves but I'd like some to play with eventually

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok what is P&P;; flew over my head...sorry I am slow sometimes with acronyms.;)

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No I really didn't have a clue what you meant. I started reading the whole thread over to figure it out....lol

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe, no big deal .......I just didnt get it.....I do now. I am use to seeing s.h. for shipping and handling but I would have probably missed that also.

So are you making some mods with all of those connectors? They really work nice with that foating center pin. Everything fit good into it except my atomic. It is not a clone either. I finally put some pg on the threads and forced it in and out a fw times to loosen up the threads a tiny bit. I would like to figure out a way to put one on a vamo.. But since I have the REO I dont use much else anymore.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe, no big deal .......I just didnt get it.....I do now. I am use to seeing s.h. for shipping and handling but I would have probably missed that also.

So are you making some mods with all of those connectors? They really work nice with that foating center pin. Everything fit good into it except my atomic. It is not a clone either. I finally put some pg on the threads and forced it in and out a fw times to loosen up the threads a tiny bit. I would like to figure out a way to put one on a vamo.. But since I have the REO I dont use much else anymore.
Yes I want to make some funky DNA mods for friends and also make some stealthies with just the inner ring. I don't like forcing a thread on a tank into a 510 as it might rethread it if the male thread is too large. I'd rather use a rethreading tap, but it sounds like you did ok

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wouldn't recommend anyone forcing threads either. I have been a making a living as a machinist since 1979 so I have a feel for it. I could see the burrs on the threads with my magnifying visors. The atomic threads may have been on the large end of the tolerance. However it screwed into every other adapter I had.
I am no longer in the trade and dont have the odd ball M7 size. They use to make die nuts for cleaning up male threads but havent seen them around in a long time. I do need to get a M7x.5 tap and die.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't recommend anyone forcing threads either. I have been a making a living as a machinist since 1979 so I have a feel for it. I could see the burrs on the threads with my magnifying visors. The atomic threads may have been on the large end of the tolerance. However it screwed into every other adapter I had.
I am no longer in the trade and dont have the odd ball M7 size. They use to make die nuts for cleaning up male threads but havent seen them around in a long time. I do need to get a M7x.5 tap and die.
Are these the dies you're talking about, can they be used because I bought a couple for £5 each from a Chinese ebayer a few months ago? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/150882968600

My nautilus threads are very thick. My friends mpv's threads were stripped when he got a nautilus. After getting one I'm persuaded that was the culprit.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those would work fine the only difference is you need a die handle. I no longer have all that stuff. But this is what I was looking for. They are not used to cut threads only to chase or fix bugged up threads or oversized threads. The same thing as you posted only hex.
Now a bottom tap!

EDIT;one side has a bigger chamfer than the other so you can flip it around to go up to shoulders.

These use to be popular in the old days....lol
Thanks for that link. I hadn't considered gettin one without a handle. I'll look for someone who ships them to here

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Hobby Kid - Hey just wanted to let you know Don't buy that hex thread chaser it is JUNK! Will not cut stainless and the thread sizes should be the same. Burrs all over cutting teeth. Barley cuts a brass atty with good threads!
I will try and delete link. Be better off with what you have or a die!

Do Not Buy the product in post #27! A peice of crap. Burrs all over cutting edges. Barley cuts good threads on a brass atty.

Last edited:

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had the moderators delete that post ...........now the other thread says the wrong post number....lol

Oh well I tried!

no I ony bought one. did you get any of the ones of the uk ebay site? they have some on the us ebay and was thinking of picking one up. wanted to see if it was any good 1st.

Thats the trouble with odd ball thread sizes they are hard to find at regular places.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only got the ones which come with the outer washer, the bigger one not the second picture you posted. I haven't/wouldn't buy them from the uk anywhere as they're double the price at the very minimum. I suppose if someone is just looking to buy only one then that's ok. I'd rather source my gear from overseas, either the US or China. That's where they source it anyway.

VU Sponsors