Become a Patron!

7 tube mods, which would you pick and why?

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The XXX by vaperz cloud hands down. I have the brass and copper and I have to say the new button on the copper is incredible. I've been using it almost nonstop for a week and still no arching. Add in the different top caps so you can run 24-30mm rdas flush and tube to run stacked. Thing is FUCK YEAH awesome.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just order the Broadside in Copper and Brass. I am excited to reverse engineer that sucker and build a 21700 battery tube for it. It is already 25mm diameter so should be a no brainer to adapt most of the parts to a 21700 tube. Just a 5mm longer tube bored out to fit a 21mm diameter battery.

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just order the Broadside in Copper and Brass. I am excited to reverse engineer that sucker and build a 21700 battery tube for it. It is already 25mm diameter so should be a no brainer to adapt most of the parts to a 21700 tube. Just a 5mm longer tube bored out to fit a 21mm diameter battery.

Happy Vaping!

The Admiral is their 21700 Version of the Broadside...Should be available in the coming week if not already.

Edit: Brain fart reading early in the morning before coffee...meant 20700... Carry on Stupid me lol

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you removed the delrin sleeve and made a extension that threaded on then you could make the original broadside hole the 20700...it would take some work and money. The 20700 Admiral will be out in 5 days though....

DO NOT BUY THE WHITE BRASS if looking for conductivity...its 20% Bass and 80 ish % Zinc and other metals....its a very low grade of brass...it just looks good. Im not sure why they made it a option, personally I would have just gone with Aluminum over white brass....Go with the Brass or Copper when it comes out.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thing that is Irk'ing me some... Is that I know mfg's out there are aware of 21700, and are going to milk us with the 207's for a while then drop the 217s.

:sarcasm: *takes off tin foil hat*

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Admiral is their 21700 Version of the Broadside...Should be available in the coming week if not already.

That sounds great, but it is a 20700 battery version. I am waiting for the 21700 version. The batteries are not available yet, but Mooch tested the Samsung 30T 21700 battery and he rated them at 40 amp continuous discharge - 60 amp pulse and 3100 mah . See below.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...lts-an-incredible-40a-3100mah-battery.798683/

That means with a single battery tube mod at 25mm diameter we can run a 0.10 ohm build safely (and cool) without degrading the batteries prematurely. Even a 0.07 ohm build would be within the pulse rating of this single battery (although battery life cycles would be sacrificed if you use it a lot with this low resistance).

So I am really excited about the 21700. The 20700 batteries are good, but 30amp is the best I have seen so far. The 21700 ups the amps to 40 with the same battery life. I keep looking everywhere and waiting, the Samsung 30T batteries will hopefully become available soon.

Happy Vaping!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That sounds great, but it is a 20700 battery version. I am waiting for the 21700 version. The batteries are not available yet, but Mooch tested the Samsung 30T 21700 battery and he rated them at 40 amp continuous discharge - 60 amp pulse and 3100 mah . See below.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...lts-an-incredible-40a-3100mah-battery.798683/

That means with a single battery tube mod at 25mm diameter we can run a 0.10 ohm build safely (and cool) without degrading the batteries prematurely. Even a 0.07 ohm build would be within the pulse rating of this single battery (although battery life cycles would be sacrificed if you use it a lot with this low resistance).

So I am really excited about the 21700. The 20700 batteries are good, but 30amp is the best I have seen so far. The 21700 ups the amps to 40 with the same battery life. I keep looking everywhere and waiting, the Samsung 30T batteries will hopefully become available soon.

Happy Vaping!

Yeah misread the whole thing, apologies...not enough coffee yet

And I am also anxious to have a 217' mech...would be awesome for the reasons you mentioned.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is a couple instances I ran thru Steamengine.org to show the difference in the Sanyo 20700A and the Samsung 21700 30T

Here is the Samsung 30T with a 0.10ohm build - 176.40 Watts!!!!!! SAFELY. ( Yes, I realize it won't actually hit 176.4 watts because of voltage sag, but I am just comparing)

upload_2017-5-13_12-41-13.png

Here is the Sanyo 20700A with a 0.14 ohm build - 126.00 Watts

upload_2017-5-13_12-42-55.png

Now I do not normally vape lower than 0.15 ohms, but I am looking forward to having more headroom and cooler running batteries.

upload_2017-5-13_12-44-26.png

AWESOMENESS!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

EDIT, Sorry - did not see the -5% headroom. A 0.105ohm build would leave the headroom at 0% same as the 0.14 ohm build on the Sanyo 20700A.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im not even going to comment on why Im excited about 20700 or 21700 batteries for the builds I rocking on tubes...

I do believe that a 1mm difference wont be much of a difference and the 21700 will fit most 20700 tubes of the future...if not a lathing service is in order...Most tubes offer some room for different cell thicknesses so my hopes are high.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im not even going to comment on why Im excited about 20700 or 21700 batteries for the builds I rocking on tubes...

I do believe that a 1mm difference wont be much of a difference and the 21700 will fit most 20700 tubes of the future...if not a lathing service is in order...Most tubes offer some room for different cell thicknesses so my hopes are high.

I was thinking the same thing...even asked Gheed about it with the XXX...Emailed VC about the actual ID of the tube...Gheed responded that 217's wouldnt and VC didnt respond at all.

but yeah...a lil machining out of the ID would be TiTs

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Well you could always decide to just get a black extension for the black HOG V3. ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well you could always decide to just get a black extension for the black HOG V3. ;)
Im not muvh a fan of the HOG sine the whole theme went Para-Series...now if they made the HOG V3 capable of switching from Quad Parallel to Para-Series then I would have bought it...but I dont see any vast improvements or changes since the V2....I wish more companies would make more Parallel boxes with that kind of thought that went into the first HOG...my favorite box mod of all time is the Lethal by SilverWolfCustoms...

Now I wont promote SWC because they have screwed me over over a grand in boxes that were DOA and didnt even bother to reply to countless calls/emails/DM's and comments but after having a machinist make a new plate for my box its been the best box Ive used...its footprint is smaller then most Dual Parallels and it holds 3 18650s, the button placement and feel it also amazing...I dont mind the negative plate but it could have been better but I wish there would more boxes like it.

There are many tubes that check all the boxes and the Broadside/Admiral sit at the top of the mountain for me. They hit harder then anything Ive had or tried previously and have the wieght and machining quality I personally look for when buying Tubes. The Mirror Polishing and Silver Plated Copper Contacts are icing on the cake and the facts its simple and powerful makes it a winner...the button feel is what every tube maker should strive for, short firm and no springs or squeaks... The only thing that could be better IMO is a Admiral made of Solid Copper or Gold with solid Silver or Gold Contacts and a damn Hybrid Connection...Maybe a Admiral with a Skill RDA/Goon RDA Hybrid.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im not muvh a fan of the HOG sine the whole theme went Para-Series...now if they made the HOG V3 capable of switching from Quad Parallel to Para-Series then I would have bought it...but I dont see any vast improvements or changes since the V2....I wish more companies would make more Parallel boxes with that kind of thought that went into the first HOG...my favorite box mod of all time is the Lethal by SilverWolfCustoms...

Now I wont promote SWC because they have screwed me over over a grand in boxes that were DOA and didnt even bother to reply to countless calls/emails/DM's and comments but after having a machinist make a new plate for my box its been the best box Ive used...its footprint is smaller then most Dual Parallels and it holds 3 18650s, the button placement and feel it also amazing...I dont mind the negative plate but it could have been better but I wish there would more boxes like it.

There are many tubes that check all the boxes and the Broadside/Admiral sit at the top of the mountain for me. They hit harder then anything Ive had or tried previously and have the wieght and machining quality I personally look for when buying Tubes. The Mirror Polishing and Silver Plated Copper Contacts are icing on the cake and the facts its simple and powerful makes it a winner...the button feel is what every tube maker should strive for, short firm and no springs or squeaks... The only thing that could be better IMO is a Admiral made of Solid Copper or Gold with solid Silver or Gold Contacts and a damn Hybrid Connection...Maybe a Admiral with a Skill RDA/Goon RDA Hybrid.
The Para-Series thing doesn't bother me at all because I have the 30mm Temple NP (Neutral Post) RDA sitting on top of my HOG V3. With a dual coil build the neutral post causes resistance to be doubled instead of halved. As for the Vaperz Cloud XXX stack, the metal is a lot thicker and heavier than you think, it's got mirror polishing, the button isn't squeeky, it's got a nice short and firm throw (very similar to my Purge Mods), it's got the silver plated contact switch if you go for the copper version of the mod so there's no arcing (I got the brass version, that doesn't have the newer version of the switch...), there's no battery rattle, the machining is pretty darn excellent (well... not the same as my Purge Mods of course, but still excellent nevertheless...), and, yes... it's a solid hybrid 510. Further, the beauty ring thing is a really very clever design IMHO. I know everyone has a Broadside because it was called the tube mech of the year 2016. But this is 2017, so... I think you should still have a closer look at the XXX stack.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Para-Series thing doesn't bother me at all because I have the 30mm Temple NP (Neutral Post) RDA sitting on top of my HOG V3. With a dual coil build the neutral post causes resistance to be doubled instead of halved. As for the Vaperz Cloud XXX stack, the metal is a lot thicker and heavier than you think, it's got mirror polishing, the button isn't squeeky, it's got a nice short and firm throw (very similar to my Purge Mods), it's got the silver plated contact switch if you go for the copper version of the mod so there's no arcing (I got the brass version, that doesn't have the newer version of the switch...), there's no battery rattle, the machining is pretty darn excellent (well... not the same as my Purge Mods of course, but still excellent nevertheless...), and, yes... it's a solid hybrid 510. Further, the beauty ring thing is a really very clever design IMHO. I know everyone has a Broadside because it was called the tube mech of the year 2016. But this is 2017, so... I think you should still have a closer look at the XXX stack.
I have looked at the XXX in immense detail, since the day it was a confidential design and I was almost sent one for further examination. The suggestions I gave them they turned down. Im just not a fan of its looks...the odd cuts and weird appearance is what Im not a fan of...if it didnt have the design ques from the Bane and the deep cuts across the middle then I may have been more smitten....It just reminds me of a older Lamp Stalk especially with the gold.
If they come out with a slender or more bland looking version then Ill be all over it, but for now Im shying away. VaperCloudz has always made quality products...they just seem more bent on the Series/stacked user and like most in the mech game...tripping balls and making odd paint and theme choices for them.

I also have had multiple 28mm-46mm RDA's but they weren't something I really enjoyed, more of a conversation starter or cloud rig that Id used once or twice a week. Though I do love a setup that works with each other I often like to change up what the combo is, having one mod for one RDA for me isnt something Im interested in, as I said before I have had the HOG V1 and V2 and the V2 didnt get much use since it needed special treatment.

I rarely build higher then .1 and my normal building/vaping style is .07-.09 so stacked mods are leprechauns in my collection and normally sit on the shelf. The switch looks great on the XXX, although I dont quite understand how springs wrapped around the contact helps anything but Im not electrical engineer and Im positive they did it for a good reason.

The Broadside was rated Tube of the Year for more then just power...it was sleek, simple and not overly exaggerated in any way. I love having options like what was pronounce for the XXX...I just wish it was done so it didnt make it like you were waving a lamp post around.

My Question is do you own a Broadside?

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have looked at the XXX in immense detail, since the day it was a confidential design and I was almost sent one for further examination. The suggestions I gave them they turned down. Im just not a fan of its looks...the odd cuts and weird appearance is what Im not a fan of...if it didnt have the design ques from the Bane and the deep cuts across the middle then I may have been more smitten....It just reminds me of a older Lamp Stalk especially with the gold.
If they come out with a slender or more bland looking version then Ill be all over it, but for now Im shying away. VaperCloudz has always made quality products...they just seem more bent on the Series/stacked user and like most in the mech game...tripping balls and making odd paint and theme choices for them.

I also have had multiple 28mm-46mm RDA's but they weren't something I really enjoyed, more of a conversation starter or cloud rig that Id used once or twice a week. Though I do love a setup that works with each other I often like to change up what the combo is, having one mod for one RDA for me isnt something Im interested in, as I said before I have had the HOG V1 and V2 and the V2 didnt get much use since it needed special treatment.

I rarely build higher then .1 and my normal building/vaping style is .07-.09 so stacked mods are leprechauns in my collection and normally sit on the shelf. The switch looks great on the XXX, although I dont quite understand how springs wrapped around the contact helps anything but Im not electrical engineer and Im positive they did it for a good reason.

The Broadside was rated Tube of the Year for more then just power...it was sleek, simple and not overly exaggerated in any way. I love having options like what was pronounce for the XXX...I just wish it was done so it didnt make it like you were waving a lamp post around.

My Question is do you own a Broadside?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. No, I don't own a Broadside... I only started vaping four months ago. I own two Purge Mods, and recently I have ordered a third one. Apart from those the only other mech mods that I own are the HOG V3 Limited Edition brass (King) and the XXX stack. I just wondered what good a king would be without a matching lamp stalk anyway... :) I'm not really planning to go beyond 30mm RDAs, and the only 30mm one I have right now is the Temple NP, but I do love the 27mm Mason Advocate RDA... even though I also love the Purge Mods RDA with 22mm deck, and I have some more RDA stuff coming my way, one of which is also 30mm.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. No, I don't own a Broadside... I only started vaping four months ago. I own two Purge Mods, and recently I have ordered a third one. Apart from those the only other mech mods that I own are the HOG V3 Limited Edition brass (King) and the XXX stack. I just wondered what good a king would be without a matching lamp stalk anyway... :) I'm not really planning to go beyond 30mm RDAs, and the only 30mm one I have right now is the Temple NP, but I do love the 27mm Mason Advocate RDA... even though I also love the Purge Mods RDA with 22mm deck, and I have some more RDA stuff coming my way, one of which is also 30mm.

Maybe Ill get the Gold XX if they make a 24mm V2 of the Sovereign RDA...I think it would match famously

I would highly suggest you look into DeathWishModz nd there new 30mm RDA and the TM30 by Twisted Messes. Im not a big fan f 30mm RDAs due to their obnoxious airflow but these seem to be more flavor oriented rather then large clouds but will do large clouds if needed.

PurgeMods are great. I really want a Serenity and Speak No Evil Tubes...but they are incredibly expensive, though the quality is there. Ive been good friends with DarkDog since before Purge was together so I know how much he puts his heart into the mods he helps make. Again Great Products but Im not a wealthy person. If you want a similar build for a bit less money check out AngryCloudVape and DeathwishModz...both are relatively new and many people havent even heard of them.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe Ill get the Gold XX if they make a 24mm V2 of the Sovereign RDA...I think it would match famously

I would highly suggest you look into DeathWishModz nd there new 30mm RDA and the TM30 by Twisted Messes. Im not a big fan f 30mm RDAs due to their obnoxious airflow but these seem to be more flavor oriented rather then large clouds but will do large clouds if needed.

PurgeMods are great. I really want a Serenity and Speak No Evil Tubes...but they are incredibly expensive, though the quality is there. Ive been good friends with DarkDog since before Purge was together so I know how much he puts his heart into the mods he helps make. Again Great Products but Im not a wealthy person. If you want a similar build for a bit less money check out AngryCloudVape and DeathwishModz...both are relatively new and many people havent even heard of them.
Thanks for these cool suggestions! Purge Mods Back To Basic V2 isn't really that expensive IMO.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the Broadside Admiral and Subzero-X both in brass.
They both hit hard.
I prefer the Admiral.
I run a brass Kennedy 25 two post RDA that's been polished to match perfectly.
It's a match made in heaven. Hits hard all day and the 20700 is the wave of the future.

nikolous

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Broadside for sure. The reason I got it was for the safety features mostly. 510 instead of hybrid, delrin tube inside to protect the battery, etc.

VU Sponsors