Become a Patron!

$87 Later at Nicotine River...

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have like, fifteen new flavors, a liter of VG, some 60mg nic base, a few more DIY Tools, and... poverty. :teehee:

God I couldn't resist. Excellent prices, modest shipping rates, UPS Ground from California (will probably take a while to get to Connecticut). I hate saying goodbye to Vape Wild, my old faithful for both pre-mixed and DIY, but you can't argue with less money for more supply!

I'm starting with Flavor Apprentice and Flavor West... They also sell Flavorah, FlavourArt, Cappella, and others, but let's start with the least expensive and go from there...

I got:

Flavor West: Vanilla Custard, Banana, Waffle, Hazelnut, Strawberry
Flavor Apprentice: Apricot, Espresso, Pecan, Bittersweet Chocolate, Maple Syrup, DX Peanut Butter, Almond Amaretto, Cherry, and plain ol' Butter.

I have about 20ish flavors right now. Perhaps you can tell, I prefer savory to fruit... Can't wait to try some of these, ESPECIALLY that Almond Amaretto. If i can essentially vape Disaronno liqueur, I'll just jump off a bridge, because life cannot get any better, I presume.

Whatcha think? Any essentials you guys like from Nic river for my next order?

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My advice is go with the 100mg nic best bang for buck. I'd also suggest fw cherry crush instead of tfa cherry, tfa ripe banana instead of fw banana, tfa vanilla custard instead of fw, cappella waffle instead of fw and really any other strawberry than fw lol. I don't have a lot of experience with most those flavors but my fav coffee is def tiramisu by inw.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Geee, someone doesn't like FW :p...

I only vape at 1-1.5 mg now. 150mLs of 60mg is gonna be enough for a WHILE, and it's just that much easier to titrate. I know you get more bang with higher nic, but I don't wanna wear a hazmat suit when making vape juice B)

I already have a banana flavor, and it's pretty "ripe" tasting... almost too intense. i'd prefer a more fresh banana flavor, so I'm just going for a regular banana. And heck, the strawberry was $3.35 for 60mL, and I like strawberry, so why not.

Specifically though, what is it you don't like about FW strawberry?

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Geee, someone doesn't like FW :p...

I only vape at 1-1.5 mg now. 150mLs of 60mg is gonna be enough for a WHILE, and it's just that much easier to titrate. I know you get more bang with higher nic, but I don't wanna wear a hazmat suit when making vape juice B)

I already have a banana flavor, and it's pretty "ripe" tasting... almost too intense. i'd prefer a more fresh banana flavor, so I'm just going for a regular banana. And heck, the strawberry was $3.35 for 60mL, and I like strawberry, so why not.

Specifically though, what is it you don't like about FW strawberry?
Actually fw is one of my fav flavor companies. It's in the top three with Fa and hangsen. There's just alot better out there you very well might like it. My two favs are inw shisha strawberry and hangsen strawberry.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, you are more experienced than I, clearly. I'm not quite at the point where I'm trying four different kinds of [insert flavor here] and deciding which I like best. Right now just building the arsenal of flavors and whipping up whatever insane combos run through my brain. But thanks very much for your suggestions...

I'll probably get there some day... "mmmm, yes, the Flavorah kiwi has hints of elderberry with a smooth finish and tart tannins. pairs well with TFA Strawberry DX and French Vanilla."

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

akuser47

Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Soon I'll be doing a large order I'm still researching flavors and additives I wish to get. I'll probably have around 60 to 80 bucks. once I'm done. I'd like to get nicotine salts though I love what I've been reading on this for my nicotine.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Geee, someone doesn't like FW :p...?
FW has a LOT of misses. They have some good flavors, don't get me wrong... but they are very hit and miss. If you continue with DIY long enough, you'll definitely get to the point where you try 4 (or more) of (insert flavor here) and find which one is best. There are definite differences between brands, some vary greatly. Why? I don't know. That's why it's nice to have the forums we have now. When I first started DIYing, there was practically nothing.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I, clearly. I'm not quite at the point where I'm trying four different kinds of [insert flavor here] and deciding which I like best.

Yet:D

FW Butter Pecan, Hazelnut, Butterscotch, & Cinnamon Roll are some of my favorites.
FW Natural Butterscotch is good too, but maybe a bit weaker than the regular version tho.

Last edited:

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yet:D

FW Butter Pecan, Hazelnut, Butterscotch, & Cinnamon Roll are some of my favorites.
FW Natural Butterscotch is good too, but maybe a bit weaker than the regular version tho.
FW Butterscotch is the best butterscotch IMO. Their Hazelnut is good as well. Also like their Lemonades, Gummi Bear, kiwi, milk (in very small amounts), mojito, rootbeer float and shirley temple

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW had a couple of lucid moments with vanilla custard, cheesecake, and vanilla bean ice cream, I love all three. Their hazelnut, butterscotch, and blueberry are pretty darn good too. Double Dutch twister is divine in a custard. And their banana ain't half bad. Not quite as good as TFA banana ripe, but good. And any banana is better than FA banana, a.k.a. "eau de sweat socks." My all-time favorite FW flavor though is fuzzy navel. Got a nice stash of that one in the freezer....

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@The Vape Crusader, you need some FA brandy to complete that Disaronno, and please use a light hand with that TFA maple syrup - it's a strong one.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Taking notes here... Flavors to get in the future would definitely involve that FW Butterscotch. Perhaps y'all have convinced me on TFA Banana Ripe, since I am a big banana fan [no jokes!].

And as for the Maple Syrup... start at 8% and work from there perhaps?

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oooh, additionally. Nic River did me a solid!

Apparently they only had 1oz left of the DX peanut butter. I ordered 2 ounces, so they'll refund me the whole $4 and change for it!

Soooo... $82 later at Nicotine river? Now THAT I can live with :teehee:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taking notes here... Flavors to get in the future would definitely involve that FW Butterscotch. Perhaps y'all have convinced me on TFA Banana Ripe, since I am a big banana fan [no jokes!].

And as for the Maple Syrup... start at 8% and work from there perhaps?
Oh my, 8%, nooooo.....you'll be tasting maple for the rest of your life...lol! Much lower, like .5% and up to taste.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You mean 5% right? So like... a 30mL bottle would have 1.5mL in it, for instance.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Woah...

Okay, I believe you.

The stuff I have right now needs about 15%-20% total flavoring... is this stuff diluted to high hell? I won't name the source.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woah...

Okay, I believe you.

The stuff I have right now needs about 15%-20% total flavoring... is this stuff diluted to high hell? I won't name the source.
Every brand/vendor is different. Flavor West does have some good offerings, but they're famously weak and require you to use a lot more to get the desired result in a mix Others such as FlavourArt and Flavorah are highly concentrated - mere drops will yield very strong flavor. (Truth - Flavorah rich cinnamon is so potent that 2-3 drops will flavor 30ml of juice) Some flavors themselves are just more pronounced; I've yet to use any vendor's maple, honey, or blackberry that wasn't really strong and required a bit more caution when mixing. This is why it's important to try new flavors as standalone mixes with no other flavors in the mix. It gives you an idea of the strength and how it stands by itself, and how you'd like to approach your recipes with it.
If you're making others' recipes, of course your percentages are already there for you to work with. But who's to say you wouldn't try something I've posted and think "I just don't care for all that strawberry" and cut the percentage in the next batch for yourself. Perhaps you'd like more. When creating recipes of your own, it's a lot like cooking. You know you like more onion in your stew than garlic, and you know what kind of onion gives the flavor you're looking for.
This is why some of us have such huge arsenals of flavoring. Each vendor offers something a little different and there can be several "tastes" of the same flavor. Some websites post recommended starting percentages, some don't, but it's always up to you to decide how much or little you like of each one. :)

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FW had a couple of lucid moments with vanilla custard, cheesecake, and vanilla bean ice cream, I love all three. Their hazelnut, butterscotch, and blueberry are pretty darn good too. Double Dutch twister is divine in a custard. And their banana ain't half bad. Not quite as good as TFA banana ripe, but good. And any banana is better than FA banana, a.k.a. "eau de sweat socks." My all-time favorite FW flavor though is fuzzy navel. Got a nice stash of that one in the freezer....
I've been trying to minimize my FW usage because of all the fructose/etc some of them have. I don't really mind some diacetyl, AP but don't dig on corn syrup of fructose, personally... And it kills my wicks.
I wish I could vape Peach flavors but so far every one I've tried has been hella harsh.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
but don't dig on corn syrup of fructose, personally... And it kills my wicks.

I try to avoid those too, or only use them on occasion.

I wish I could vape Peach flavors but so far every one I've tried has been hella harsh.

A buddy at work wasn't too keen on Peach Ice Cream I made him, or anything with Peach for that matter.
He put them away and forgot about them for over a month until he ran out of juice.
He tried one and said it was quite good after sitting around, maybe it faded out some IDK.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I try to avoid those too, or only use them on occasion.

A buddy at work wasn't too keen on Peach Ice Cream I made him, or anything with Peach for that matter.
He put them away and forgot about them for over a month until he ran out of juice.
He tried one and said it was quite good after sitting around, maybe it faded out some IDK.
Unfortunately it's not a steeping thing. It seems to be a chemical/whatever that makes the peach flavor that does not agree with me. The flavor isn't bad in my case... It's just always harsh.. Like a hard throat hit type thing. I can get it from watermelon too but it's not as bad.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh, I get it, found the same thing with FW Dutch Apple Pie, made me cough even.
It's really sad as I love peaches IRL. I have found 2 Peach vapes I can tolerate. One is loaded with sweetener though and it's by Beaded Vaper. The second is Coil Vapes Mango/Peach yogurt. I'm not sure what's different about either of them but those don't have the harshness in it.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's really sad as I love peaches IRL. I have found 2 Peach vapes I can tolerate. One is loaded with sweetener though and it's by Beaded Vaper. The second is Coil Vapes Mango/Peach yogurt. I'm not sure what's different about either of them but those don't have the harshness in it.

I really like the Mango flavors I've tried, maybe even better than the Peach.
Funny I've had TFA Philippine Mango for 8 months and have never tried it yet.
Keep using either CAP Sweet Mango or INW Mango.
Sometimes a problem with having too many flavors as I just continue using the ones I like.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I could go on for days about not having fears about fructose... I am a Registered Dietitian, matter of fact. But let's not go into metabolic pathways and the TCA Cycle and all that fun biochemical stuff :).

Yeah Rin, some vapes I can't tolerate even though I like the things in real life, citrus probably being first and foremost. I cough out those very acidic vapes...

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It came in! Here are some HOT TAKES from my first mixing session:

-Man, is that Amaretto gonna have to STEEP. I can't tell if I can't taste anything, or 5% is too little.
-FW Waffle + Fa Maple Syrup = AMAZING.
-I like the FW Strawberry! I'm not gonna sit here and say it's the only one i'll ever use, but I'm enjoying it alone at 7.5% concentration, no steep.
-Surprisingly like the Fa apricot a LOT. That's the only flavor I got only 10mL of, because I wasn't sure. But I'll be getting more.
-I haven't used the Fa butter yet... but I smelled the bottle, and I visited the gates of heaven for about 2.5 seconds.

More to come! More flavors too, LOL

VU Sponsors