Become a Patron!

A few issues needing addressed.

Hello all. I'm fairly new to the sub ohm world so bare with me.

First... the setup:

Evic mini
Smok tfv4 mini clapton dual coil .37 ohms
Sony 16850 vtc5 2600 mah
Cuttwood unicorn milk. 6%

The first issue:

Battery life. I only get about 3 hours max before needing a recharge. Seems a bit low to me but that may be the norm...?

Second issue: I am ALWAYS adjusting wattage. I try to stay in the 43 to 48 range. Sometimes I get what I thought was a dry hit that didn't have much flavor so I would lower the wattage so I may avoid burning anything but that didn't help(this happens more when the battery is getting low). I decided to raise the watts and the flavor and vapor was back but every now and again I would get a more 'spicy' tasting vape so I would back off the wattage. It's kind of a continuous circle.

Third issue:

I have the Sony 2600 mah batt (I think it's a sony. Could be a well made clone) and it out performs a purple efest 3000 mah that I have. The efest seems to have a touch more life on it per charge but the green sony just has more 'brute' force.

To me, my issues almost seem more like electric inconsistencies rather than a wicking problem with the coil but I could be wrong... wouldnt be my first time.

Last edited:

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Disclaimer: I am not an expert - I am a beginner

If I understand correctly, a regulated mod should deliver the same power with a fully charged battery all the way to when the battery is low.

You can estimate runtime here http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.asp

.37 ohm at 48 watts and 2600 mAh has 11 minutes of runtime. That's best case, in real life I would guess it's a bit less.

Froggie1rw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My evic mini runs all day with my cubis tank with .5 ohm ss but I never go over 25w with that tank or head. If I put my krixus tank on it with .32 ohms ceramic and up the watts to about 70 then the battery drains a lot faster. I have an lg 3000mAh battery in mine also. I usually run the cubis on my mini and the krixus on my rx 200 for this reason.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would be more apt to trust the sony over the efest, assuming they were purchased via a reputable source. Efest batteries can be notoriously inconsistent.

that out of the way, as was mentioned, it is not the battery, you have a VERY GOOD refulated mod. It sounds like it is more of a coil/juice wicking issue-or- you are possibly throwing a but to much power to the coil at your higher setting. I haven't used that coil, so I cant speak to its normal power range. The spicy that youre getting could be to much wick, or possibly a burnt coil.
assuming you primed it (wet it with juice before you installed it) you may not have shaken it enough, or possibly to much nic.
another possibility could be to high a vg and the coil cant keep up.

hope you get it sorted out, that is a FANTASTIC set up you have there. congrats!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The battery life is because your running off of a single battery at around 40 watts. Thats about what I get out of most of my batteries when I vape not necessarily chain vaping but on a regular basis at that wattage on a single battery which is why anything I vape over 30 watts goes on a dual battery mod so I can get most of the day out of it.

VU Sponsors