Become a Patron!

A flavor that compliments clove?

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I have a batch of what is supposed to be Chai Tea (Nude Nic's Chai Tea Tornado) but the only flavor I am really getting out of it is cloves. And to say that, that is necessarily a bad thing would be wrong too, I used to pick up an occasional pack of clove cigarettes back in the day when I used to smoke, but having vaped on this stuff for a day, it seems to me like it could be better if I had a flavor to compliment the clove, because as is, it isn't really an everyday vape for me. I was thinking maybe an apple flavor to go along with it, but wanted to see what other people might suggest for it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think apple, too. Fig kind of jumped out at me... I'd think most any bakery flavor, fave tobacco, if you have one, blend of other spice flavors and vanilla?? I've only had anything with clove a couple times and I really did enjoy it.

Almond!!

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the vanilla, unless it is a really complex vanilla that has a really definitive taste might end up overpowered by the clove. Pear might be a nice one, have to see if I can get some somewhere. Tobacco sounds good too, I actually have a smidge of honey tobacco made up, might have to mix that together before I switch flavors again.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think the vanilla, unless it is a really complex vanilla that has a really definitive taste might end up overpowered by the clove. Pear might be a nice one, have to see if I can get some somewhere. Tobacco sounds good too, I actually have a smidge of honey tobacco made up, might have to mix that together before I switch flavors again.
Something else you could do if you do wanna try it with vanilla is to make up a vanilla mix, then use the juice you have as a concentrate and only add it to your taste preference. Just a thought.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A juicy orange flavor is great with cloves.

I seem to remember somebody (?) who also mixed clove with INW Latakia.

Who could that be? :D

Ron
---
"The proper method for inquiring after the properties of things is to deduce them from experiments."- Isaac Newton

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I seem to remember somebody (?) who also mixed clove with INW Latakia.

Who could that be? :D

Ron
---
"The proper method for inquiring after the properties of things is to deduce them from experiments."- Isaac Newton
I believe it was INW Garuda TA. That has more cig qualities to it.;) I don't think I ever had INW Latakia. Is it good ?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="Jimi D, post: 1039779, member: 5321] I don't think I ever had INW Latakia. Is it good ?[/QUOTE]

I tried it in 2014 when I was searching for a real tobacco flavor in a bottle. I did not care for it. My notes (@4% standalone) indicate a semi-sweet, earthy flavor with faint floral/resin notes perhaps more suitable for a pipe type tobacco blend.

Ron
---
"Run like Mexican water through a first-time tourist."- Al Bundy

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like tobacco with cloves is a big one, going to have to definitely try it out, that and fruity clove blends seem to be a big one too. I don't have a straight orange flavor, but I do have Nude Nicotine's citrus slap, I might have to blend that in. Thanks to all who've given me suggestions, I have plenty to work with now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a Tobacco Flavor that has clove in it. At first the nutty flavor was a little weird but it grew on me to the point it is a major player in my e-Liquid rotation.

Graveyvapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I posted a recipe I was working on with TFA Chai tea a while ago. (TFA Chai Tea is pretty crap btw, definitely not a standalone ejuice) I'd mix it with some sweeter juices if I were you, Vanilla, a little honey.

Let us know how you go!

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I posted a recipe I was working on with TFA Chai tea a while ago. (TFA Chai Tea is pretty crap btw, definitely not a standalone ejuice) I'd mix it with some sweeter juices if I were you, Vanilla, a little honey.

Let us know how you go!

Well I just went all in at Nude Nicotine and bought the 15ml sampler pack that they offer, got all the juices. I was looking forward to the Chai Tea because it's a tea I actually drink on a fairly regular basis. Problem is the clove overpowers everything else in it. I mixed it in with some of the left over batch of Honey Tobacco from them, came out really nice, it's what I've been vaping on as I await the next batch of juices to age a smidge.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Definitely pear! Pumpkin could go with it as well (if there's a flavor available).

I hadn't even thought about pumpkin, that could be really good. I do have their Pumpkin Velvet, I will have to try mixing that sometime. But first thing's first trying out all the flavors as they are meant to be. I haven't gotten to the pumpkin one yet.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hadn't even thought about pumpkin, that could be really good. I do have their Pumpkin Velvet, I will have to try mixing that sometime. But first thing's first trying out all the flavors as they are meant to be. I haven't gotten to the pumpkin one yet.
ooooh.... I heard that's a good one. There's a recipe somewhere here using that. I think posted by @caddisfly or @Daintanee

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I have a batch of what is supposed to be Chai Tea (Nude Nic's Chai Tea Tornado) but the only flavor I am really getting out of it is cloves. And to say that, that is necessarily a bad thing would be wrong too, I used to pick up an occasional pack of clove cigarettes back in the day when I used to smoke, but having vaped on this stuff for a day, it seems to me like it could be better if I had a flavor to compliment the clove, because as is, it isn't really an everyday vape for me. I was thinking maybe an apple flavor to go along with it, but wanted to see what other people might suggest for it.
FA Fig, or Dark Fruits.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk, I have been messing around with clove type concoctions and all of mine are epic fails. A hint of NF ginger does sweetens and brightens it some. FA Fuji brightens it.

Best of NN flavors is very berry, boysenberry jam, blueberry mojito. There tamarin d oh is awful as is there mango cream. There citrus slap and patchouli vanilla are ok, but nothing worth spending that amount of $ imho. There make me plum is good if you like plum, but the top 3 are the only ones I would spend $ on to re order. But just my opinion.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Idk, I have been messing around with clove type concoctions and all of mine are epic fails. A hint of NF ginger does sweetens and brightens it some. FA Fuji brightens it.

Best of NN flavors is very berry, boysenberry jam, blueberry mojito. There tamarin d oh is awful as is there mango cream. There citrus slap and patchouli vanilla are ok, but nothing worth spending that amount of $ imho. There make me plum is good if you like plum, but the top 3 are the only ones I would spend $ on to re order. But just my opinion.

So far I haven't tried a bad one yet, I didn't really care for the peaches and cream, but that's more due to I hate that artificial peach flavor than bad flavoring, after I vaped on it for a few days it kind of grew on me as in I'd vape it again, but it's a backup flavor.. Cactus Cooler was alright with a little sweetener in it. I really enjoyed the Honey Tobacco on it's own, and with the Chai tea. The Chai Tea has nothing but clove flavor in it that I can detect. Melon Madness was surprisingly good, tasted like biting into a cantaloupe without having juices run down your chin. The very berry is pretty good, but more a flavor for my wife than me. I've had their watermelon mint before and really enjoyed it, which was why I was willing to drop the $128 on the big sampler pack, which if I like enough of the flavors I will probably do again, and just sell off the ones I dislike.

The next three batches I have aging right now are the Boysenberry Jam, Apple Pie a la Mode, and White Chocolate Raspberry. Was going to make a batch of the blueberry mojito, but one of my 30 ml bottles got tainted some how, has a scent/flavor in it that I don't know what it is or how it got there, but even after washing it 4 times, I can't get it out, and the bottle is glass so I don't know wtf is going on with it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That boysenberry jam goes great with inw biscuit. Very Berry is very potent, but really good at .5-1% in a lemon berry cobbler type vape. I used it mostly @ .5% in recipes. Way too strong single flavor for me, but excellent for those who enjoy berry flavor.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I haven't tried a bad one yet, I didn't really care for the peaches and cream, but that's more due to I hate that artificial peach flavor than bad flavoring, after I vaped on it for a few days it kind of grew on me as in I'd vape it again, but it's a backup flavor.. Cactus Cooler was alright with a little sweetener in it. I really enjoyed the Honey Tobacco on it's own, and with the Chai tea. The Chai Tea has nothing but clove flavor in it that I can detect. Melon Madness was surprisingly good, tasted like biting into a cantaloupe without having juices run down your chin. The very berry is pretty good, but more a flavor for my wife than me. I've had their watermelon mint before and really enjoyed it, which was why I was willing to drop the $128 on the big sampler pack, which if I like enough of the flavors I will probably do again, and just sell off the ones I dislike.

The next three batches I have aging right now are the Boysenberry Jam, Apple Pie a la Mode, and White Chocolate Raspberry. Was going to make a batch of the blueberry mojito, but one of my 30 ml bottles got tainted some how, has a scent/flavor in it that I don't know what it is or how it got there, but even after washing it 4 times, I can't get it out, and the bottle is glass so I don't know wtf is going on with it.
Nice, let me know you and your wife's thoughts as you try the flavors. The only ones I have tried are pumpkin velvet, mango cream, tamarind oh, very berry, make me plum, citrus slap, patchouli vanilla, boysenberry jam (not as potent as very berry, so you may like this more), and blueberry mojito which I enjoyed standalone.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice, let me know you and your wife's thoughts as you try the flavors. The only ones I have tried are pumpkin velvet, mango cream, tamarind oh, very berry, make me plum, citrus slap, patchouli vanilla, boysenberry jam (not as potent as very berry, so you may like this more), and blueberry mojito which I enjoyed standalone.

Will do, I've been swiping some vapes off my wife's stuff so I can try stuff as I make it, I'll make sure I post in here what's good and what's not. There is only one flavor I have that I honestly have no clue what to do with. En fuego. It's supposed to be just adding spiciness into whatever juice you put it in, my immediate reaction was, "put it in some of the chocolate flavors," but beyond that, I'm stumped.

Edit: I did make a few flavors for a friend, Mayan Mocha, Kiwi Strawberry, OMFG It's chocolate, and the Chai Tea. He said the mocha is like getting a decent mocha from a coffee shop, he likes the sweetness of the kiwi strawberry, and the omfg is a very subtle flavor.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is awesome! I loves :blowkiss::inlove::hearts:it!! Way too cool!:penguin:

join-the-resistance-mobile-af70d39a83af8d4678ad1de480e79865.png

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Hey, I just gave the blueberry mojito a try and since you said you had tasted it before and liked it, I wanted to ask... Is it supposed to have a soap overtone to it? Most of the flavors I've tried so far I've been able to enjoy, but both the blueberry mojito and the shirley temple flavors have this dish soapy overtone to it. First time it happened I thought maybe I didn't rinse out the bottle enough after cleansing it, but I know for a fact there was no soap in this one, I had a weaker flavor in it beforehand so I just did a good rinse with no soap in it so there should be no soap flavor.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I must admit that is strange but I have heard of e-Liquids that taste like some weird shit!

Sorry I can't help you with that but have you tried a Tobacco with Clove and a hint of Berry? The Liquid Barn Tobacco is that and has become my every morning vape with some occasional Sweet Pipe mixed in.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey, I just gave the blueberry mojito a try and since you said you had tasted it before and liked it, I wanted to ask... Is it supposed to have a soap overtone to it? Most of the flavors I've tried so far I've been able to enjoy, but both the blueberry mojito and the shirley temple flavors have this dish soapy overtone to it. First time it happened I thought maybe I didn't rinse out the bottle enough after cleansing it, but I know for a fact there was no soap in this one, I had a weaker flavor in it beforehand so I just did a good rinse with no soap in it so there should be no soap flavor.
Has it sat a while? If not, that sometimes mellows out with age. I haven't tried that particular one, but I have had that experience with others.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I must admit that is strange but I have heard of e-Liquids that taste like some weird shit!

Sorry I can't help you with that but have you tried a Tobacco with Clove and a hint of Berry? The Liquid Barn Tobacco is that and has become my every morning vape with some occasional Sweet Pipe mixed in.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud::ejuice::cloud:

I ended up mixing the clove in with some of the honey tobacco I had sitting around, that came out pretty good, will probably have to make it again. I do, however, also have NN's BRY4 which is a berry tobacco, so that might have to be tried at some point too.

Has it sat a while? If not, that sometimes mellows out with age. I haven't tried that particular one, but I have had that experience with others.

I thought the same thing, the first batch I had an issue with was the shirley temple, and it had sat the recommended time of overnight with the cap off, and 48 hours total before trying; I had contacted NN to see what their recommendations were for aging time, and the second batch of the blueberry mojito I let sit for almost 2 weeks total before tasting. The "soapyness" of the flavor did not change at all. I do know some flavors need to sit longer than others, and it all depends on what is actually used to flavor it, and I had called up to nude nic and asked them what they recommended. The guy I spoke with advised me that all of their flavors only needed 1 night with the cap off to let the alcohol in the flavoring evaporate, and then to sit for a total of around 48 hours before vaping, except for the pumpkin velvet which needed 14 days.

I have noticed as I make the vape warmer, the soapyness mellows, normally I vape at about 25 to 30 watt, and I decided to crank it up to 45 and see what happened, and it did seem to remove some of the soaplike flavor from it.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No soap. I think I mixed it to try around 3% and I don't sub ohm. I even think I tried it right away. It was light tasting at the % I mixed it at though.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No soap. I think I mixed it to try around 3% and I don't sub ohm. I even think I tried it right away. It was light tasting at the % I mixed it at though.

I am really beginning to wonder if these two flavors I have that taste like that were made with a tainted batch of whatever is supposed to give it it's "alcoholic" flavor. I've been mixing all the flavors at 3%, except for the tobacco ones. No other flavor has had this soapy taste to it, and I've gone through 15 of them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you contacted the manufacturer? Could be a contaminated batch not unheard of with many different food products no reason to think e-Liquids could not have a problem like contaminated bottle or dispenser. Possibly improperly cleaned or something stupid.

Could it be you used some bad words and getting your mouth washed out with soap? LOL :wtf::sarcasm:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am really beginning to wonder if these two flavors I have that taste like that were made with a tainted batch of whatever is supposed to give it it's "alcoholic" flavor. I've been mixing all the flavors at 3%, except for the tobacco ones. No other flavor has had this soapy taste to it, and I've gone through 15 of them.
I'd contact them and let them know and ask them to send you those two flavors again. It sounds like they messed something up.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd contact them and let them know and ask them to send you those two flavors again. It sounds like they messed something up.

I have contacted them, just waiting on a reply now. My guess is I won't hear from them until Monday or so.

VU Sponsors