Become a Patron!

A little DIY Coil Master For any other cheap bastards like me.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So... Sunday AM, bored. I'm playing the measure shit with my micrometer game. Mentally preparing my self to build new coils for the TFV4 dual RBA, having now satisfied myself that 3 mm coils would fit just dandy, Couldn't remember which of my shit screwsticks that I use for coil building was 3mm. Found it.

Then I remembered that I had earlier identified a crappy promotional flat blade which had a shaft diameter of 3mm! Zactly!

Its problem was, that the flat blade was wider than the shaft, and would have to be removed. This sounded like just the excuse needed to limber up Mr. Dremel, ( I always dremel on the balcony to eliminate having to clean up after, the wind does it ), and to share the soprano shriek of Mr. Dremel with my neighbors. : )

As I was attaching the cutting wheel, I had an epiphany!! I remembered all those YouTube videos of those smug reviewers using coil making tools, and being the cheap bastard I am, dismissing them with the mental "waste of money" response. But then, like an image of a statue revealing it's self to a sculptor, while still hidden in the stone, it came to me!!!

No time to lose, wielding trusty Mr. Dremel, I headed to the balcony and after some high RPM shrieking and sounds of neighbors sliding shut their balcony doors, and slamming down their windows (satisfying in its own) I ended up with this!!

diycm1-jpg.29279

Which with the removal of the pocket clip and addition of a screw gave me this!!

diycm2-jpg.29280

So I could do this.....

diycm3-jpg.29281

And end up with this!!

diycm4-jpg.29282

Ta Da!!!

If the images are not showing, here is a link to where I stuck them.

http://ge.tt/5498TsM2

Attachments

• diycm1.jpg
    diycm1.jpg
    952.4 KB · Views: 55
  • diycm2.jpg
    diycm2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • diycm3.jpg
    diycm3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 54
  • diycm4.jpg
    diycm4.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now that's probably the most ingenious thing I'll see all day - Congrats!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I posted the pics on ge.tt, and linked to them. Is there a way to upload them to the forum?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
'Upload", shown below and to the right of where you reply, to post something from your computer. The little image box above the reply box next to the smiley to insert a link works, too. WEird that I can't see them.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I re-did it, try it now. If it still isn't working I'll try the upload thing.

VU Sponsors