Become a Patron!

A part is stuck on my mod and i cant get it off

I dont know what part of it, all i know is that it has the airflow ring around it. I dropped it at a taco bell and now that part wont come off. I've tried wrapping a rubber band around it, but to no avail. help me please :(

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you have a pic?

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Normally if the threading gets stuck like that and a rubber band doesn't help, I have an old work (but clean) work towel I'll wrap around the base of the atomizer and an adjustable wrench. Tighten that wrench down as close to the mod as you can, but on the tank/atty (be sure not to have it on glass) and I use that for leverage to get it started. I have a tendency to over tighten though. If you're worried you will damage the tank though then don't do it. I've done it on several tanks with no problems, but at the same time I don't want to be responsible for your stuff being broken.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1628135d4b14e1d9bba746f6723f136b.jpg
that wrench actually (next to a standard 510 drip tip for size comparison)

HellbillyRJ

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont know what part of it, all i know is that it has the airflow ring around it. I dropped it at a taco bell and now that part wont come off. I've tried wrapping a rubber band around it, but to no avail. help me please :(
Post a picture of your dilemma, otherwise it's like guessing who will win the lotto tonight.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
try this....it always works for me.

Seriuosly though...my wife has these gloves they sell for gardening and the palm and fingers are made of some kind of rough rubber, and the the tops are cotton....my go to ...when I get something stuck...but if the threading is damaged you may have to get out cloth and the chanell locks....and be gentle.

Last edited:

Darth Omerta

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Same as everyone else has already posted, a pic would help immensely!

A few attempts at loosening the atomizer with a rubber band for grip, or using vinyl gloves(I find they work much better). The wrench with a towel might work and some have had success with that method, but extreme care must be taken not to go too hard or you can make things much worse.

For the time being I wouldnt try to fire it and keep prompting the error message. If possible turn it off while attempting to fix this problem. Im hoping the 510 connection hasnt been damaged from the fall. If it has you could be partaking in an exercise in futility in trying to pry off the atty.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was gonna recomend a small thin belt, but that strap wrench! Gotta get one of those, cool!
I thought the same thing, until I realized I had one already. Just need to get one on a smaller scale... The one I have is to remove oil filters from vehicles lol

HellbillyRJ

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could use the same one, in theory... But the motor oil... No thanks lol. Creativity and ingenuity though for sure... Definitely requires outside the box thinking sometimes.

HellbillyRJ

VU Sponsors