Become a Patron!

A question from a newbie drip tip maker

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been messing around with making drip tips for a couple months now and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good website to get o rings from. I've been doing a lot of pressure fit tips which works alright for some rda's and tanks but others not so much. Going to be making tfv8 and 12 tips, glacier tips and etc and a lot of the websites to get rings from are rather confusing. Also a lot of the food grade o rings look rather thick in diameter rather than the thinner ones which are found on a lot of tips. Any advice is much appreciated! Here's a couple pics of what I've been making. Thanks guys!
57e8ede4b7d0649786d4890fcce88de5.jpg
7c9828316bcf9cff9114b0d6c60153bf.jpg
f6ff0595ce45537b704f019fd784113b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those are really beautiful! Welcome to the forum. I'll let someone more qualified with o-rings answer the rest for you.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn, those are nice. Selling yet? Youre gonna have issue finding the o rings...the width is hard. The guy who made tips for my baby, big baby and cloud kings went to pressure type due to not finding o rings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you! I'm a bit of a newbie around here as well lol. Yeah any info at all would be incredibly helpful. It's been quite the learning experience so far

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn, those are nice. Selling yet? Youre gonna have issue finding the o rings...the width is hard. The guy who made tips for my baby, big baby and cloud kings went to pressure type due to not finding o rings.

Thanks man. I've been selling through a local shop and I do some here and there online for people. Trying to not to get too overloaded. Pressure fit is nice and easier to do but for atomizers like the tfv tanks and glaciers and what not fit nice and snug initially but they eventually get really loose. I'd assume it's from the constant temperate change and it slowly forming to whatever device I made it for.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just curious, you'd know best, but would making one or two grooves in them assist with o-ring placement? For the heavier, thicker o-rings, they'd seem to hold well, without riding up. I've had some pretty crappy fitting drip tips, so sometimes those little grooves work great with the o-ring.

That's confusing to describe, hope they came out well enough.

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. I've been selling through a local shop and I do some here and there online for people. Trying to not to get too overloaded. Pressure fit is nice and easier to do but for atomizers like the tfv tanks and glaciers and what not fit nice and snug initially but they eventually get really loose. I'd assume it's from the constant temperate change and it slowly forming to whatever device I made it for.

If you dont mind me asking...what u sell for the goon ones for? Have you tried ebay for the rings? Heres the ones he made for mine....the gray is pressure type the reds have rings...i lile pressure better
62cae2597805cb68d6d11dfa425ab5ca.jpg
ebcb296bd022f1c4ef00d9fd5d74adf7.jpg
5a9961de3e79f296cc58ab5348372ab5.jpg

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you dont mind me asking...what u sell for the goon ones for? Have you tried ebay for the rings? Heres the ones he made for mine....the gray is pressure type the reds have rings...i lile pressure better
62cae2597805cb68d6d11dfa425ab5ca.jpg
ebcb296bd022f1c4ef00d9fd5d74adf7.jpg
5a9961de3e79f296cc58ab5348372ab5.jpg

The ones I'm having an issue with are the rda's and tanks that don't have a o ring built into the atomizer itself. The Goon, Elite V2, Sherman and ect all have an o ring already inside so I can make those no problem. It's atomizers like the tfv tanks and glacier and have the rings actually on the tip that I'm having issues doing pressure fit with.
4a16c98028194ae25ddcac3e830292ce.jpg
1e9f48f4e38ec18c25fc79a0f58006b4.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a few sites i recommended to him and no one had the size...i sold machine shop tools for 13 yrs and not one of my sources had them....good luck and they really do look great.

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What exactly should I be looking under on those sites for what I might need. I know people have mentioned FDA grade o rings but the sizing on the sites is rather confusing

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What exactly should I be looking under on those sites for what I might need. I know people have mentioned FDA grade o rings but the sizing on the sites is rather confusing
Most of them will have them listed under either Food or FDA

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy shit, thanks for all the links my man! You know I actually have a fastenol not too far from where I live. Not sure how much they carry in store but I'm sure they could help size stuff for me.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit, thanks for all the links my man! You know I actually have a fastenol not too far from where I live. Not sure how much they carry in store but I'm sure they could help size stuff for me.
On the positive side, O-rings are easier to understand the sizing of than grommets.
You'd be surprised how many people have no clue how to provide the proper measurements of grommets.

Years ago as a second job I was in purchasing for a manufacturing company and had to deal with it.
During that time I ran into many vendors that would contact me trying to sell me products.
Almost all of the new companies needed a bit of learning to understand how to properly read, measure, and provide measurements of such items.
Was comical in the beginning, then just became time consuming and usually wasn't worth it due to pricing.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I work in plant that deals with food and other special items and we always use buna and silicone prongs in everything , most of ours are impregnated with metal but I have quite a few oring kits I have purchased from fastenal I have use quite a few orings from the kits to stiffen up tip fitment, I will tag the convo . As I am.on vacation this week , there are multiple sizes I use for the tfv8 style tips , they are a little thicker and smaller diameter but when stretched into place work wonderfully . I will post the sizes for you as soon as I can

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I work in plant that deals with food and other special items and we always use buna and silicone prongs in everything , most of ours are impregnated with metal but I have quite a few oring kits I have purchased from fastenal I have use quite a few orings from the kits to stiffen up tip fitment, I will tag the convo . As I am.on vacation this week , there are multiple sizes I use for the tfv8 style tips , they are a little thicker and smaller diameter but when stretched into place work wonderfully . I will post the sizes for you as soon as I can

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That would be awesome. No hurry though, I mean you are on vacation after all lol

MajorRager

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what's a good width to usually go with. The 1/16 width or the 3/32. I feel like anything above would be far too thin

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are making some beautiful tips thank for sharing with the pictures.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors