A stupid mod question.

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, to be fair... I didn't forget about that. Then I did. And when I saw your username I instantly remembered. So technically, I forgot. PM me and remind me this weekend and I'll try to get something out your way.

As far as the mods, I see this ending up with me picking up one of each eventually. The slice is so cheap with the discount code and I've heard nothing but good things about these mods. I don't freak out about scratches and lost paint on mods as you can see.
IMG_2047.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do.

Yeah, that's a beater... I've got one of those too and put a $1 FT silicone sleeve on it.

I had mine for a couple weeks before I put a $10 wrap on it but the corners that are exposed don't have any wear yet (got it in December). It's not perfect, but I couldn't put a $20 wrap on a $29 mod lol.

20170201_192348-1.jpg

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a big function over looks guy myself most of the time. While I can very much appreciate the design that goes into some of these mods, my biggest concern is function. The sexy factor is a bonus. That being said:

For temperature control, definately the Hohm Wrecker....!!!

Might not be the sexiest mod, but it sure beats the hell out of the dna mods at half the price. Without having to use a PC.

I think I'm pretty much set. Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this thread. That's what I love about VU... I've been relatively ghost for quite some time. Reappear, ask a question and everyone is extremely helpful. That's why this is home.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Id like to see more 100w parallel mods instead of all these series mods..I have an Eleaf 100w non tc that's parallel....With 2 LG HG2's that's 6000 mah....Not still 3000mah with voltage to vape at wattages the mod cant even provide.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For that price, the finish doesn't really bother me considering what the mod itself is capable of. I may actually strip it and have that brushes look. I was looking at those 4200mah 26650's they have over at kidneypuncher. I like the compact design of the Slice. However, I also do appreciate the "brick shithouse" quality of the G2. Decisions, decisions.

I'm always willing to change things up. I actually plan to. I've got the boreas coming in in the next few days as well as some new standard and clapton SS wire to try out. As of right now I'm running: Dual, 7/6 wrap. 3mm Id. 32/26 kanthal claptons. Comes out to .52ohms on the Rx. Vaping it at anywhere from 47 to 55 watts. Using the preheat function around 73 watts for .5 seconds. I typically take my first rip at 9 am. Vape somewhat heavily until 3pm. Once I get to work I take it down quite a bit until about 9pm when I'm sure the big wigs have all left. Vape moderately after that. I get home at 3 am where I usually have about 30% (rough estimate) battery left. I may just be trying to cheat physics here. Typing that out made me realize how much I actually vape. As you may have noticed, since I first posted this I've come to grips with the fact that I'm probably going to have to carry some batteries with me and I'm okay with that.

Its good you are willing to experiment, really for battery life you want something that has enough surface area to provide the vapour you want or need, that doesn't require too much power to get there. It does take a while to find what you like, and even now after years I have been vaping, I use many different builds.

Just checking though, you start vaping at around 9AM, and finish at around 3AM on average, with about 30% left? I wouldn't say that is too bad at all in my opinion . During the time you stop would probably be the time to charge, although if you are sleeping this is always a risk, even though it is minimal with a quality charger and batteries.

I have a few sets of triple 18650's, it might be good to get another set if you don't want to charge whilst asleep for safety, and can just straight swap the batteries.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Id like to see more 100w parallel mods instead of all these series mods..I have an Eleaf 100w non tc that's parallel....With 2 LG HG2's that's 6000 mah....Not still 3000mah with voltage to vape at wattages the mod cant even provide.
Remember though, wether series or parallel, you still get the increase in Watt hours from two cells vs one, so will still get a great benefit in battery life, possibly even a better increase due to bucking being more efficient than boosting, and a 4.2-3.2V input could well be being boosted, while a 8.4-6.4V input is being bucked unless you are running high power, or high resistance.

This will depend on the build you are running though and what voltage is being pushed to the coils, but you will still get the same benefit :).

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its good you are willing to experiment, really for battery life you want something that has enough surface area to provide the vapour you want or need, that doesn't require too much power to get there. It does take a while to find what you like, and even now after years I have been vaping, I use many different builds.

Just checking though, you start vaping at around 9AM, and finish at around 3AM on average, with about 30% left? I wouldn't say that is too bad at all in my opinion . During the time you stop would probably be the time to charge, although if you are sleeping this is always a risk, even though it is minimal with a quality charger and batteries.

I have a few sets of triple 18650's, it might be good to get another set if you don't want to charge whilst asleep for safety, and can just straight swap the batteries.
I realized after reading what I had typed, That's really not bad at all. Now I just need to decide what mod to pick up (probably the damn G2!) and the appropriate amount of back up battery power. It's strange though, I'm having a really difficult time stepping away from the rx200. It's been a great mod that's done what I needed it to do. Comfy in the hand. Built pretty well. And since I pulled it apart, cleaned and sprayed it out with compressed air I've had nary an "atomizer short" or "atomizer low" error.

In regards to experimentation, I'm rarely sticky no to one build for an extended period of time.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You don't have to "move on" from the 200. You can vape both. It won't get jealous. Think of it as helping the 200 live longer by letting the new mod share it's burden. And you'll be giving a new mod a good home and helping it fulfil it's dreams.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mods are people too!

#ModLivesMatter

Honestly, I'm SHOCKED that you have an RX 200 that's functional and apparently taken that much abuse. Mine was absolute trash. 510 was wobbly, charging port broke, never lasted that long despite the 3-batt capacity...

Not hating on you... just consider yourself lucky you got a good one!

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
#ModLivesMatter

Honestly, I'm SHOCKED that you have an RX 200 that's functional and apparently taken that much abuse. Mine was absolute trash. 510 was wobbly, charging port broke, never lasted that long despite the 3-batt capacity...

Not hating on you... just consider yourself lucky you got a good one!

I just gave it a good cleaning the other day and that brought it back to life. Got rid of the bit of finicky behavior I was experiencing. Just ran TC on it for the first time. Now, I've heard TC is a nightmare on these. I must be lucky because this thing dialed in very easily. I'm coming into the temp control game late. I tried nickel one time and that was enough to keep me away for a while. My first time using 316l and it's vaping beautifully!
IMG_2067.jpg

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just gave it a good cleaning the other day and that brought it back to life. Got rid of the bit of finicky behavior I was experiencing. Just ran TC on it for the first time. Now, I've heard TC is a nightmare on these. I must be lucky because this thing dialed in very easily. I'm coming into the temp control game late. I tried nickel one time and that was enough to keep me away for a while. My first time using 316l and it's vaping beautifully!

Well that's all very personal. Nickel is my TC metal of choice, though I haven't done enough stainless to form an opinion yet. Glad you found your way though!

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PS: Fairly certain you accidentally played a game of street hockey with that thing :p

Citizen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What I should have said was: I tried nickel, messed something up and shied away from TC for a while. And yes, it was one hell of a hockey game!

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I should have said was: I tried nickel, messed something up and shied away from TC for a while. And yes, it was one hell of a hockey game!

I gotcha.

Funny you mention. I just changed a coil on one of my tanks (I have three that are Atlantis compatible), and I went for this cheap ass knockoff nickel coil that I'm pretty sure I got on VaporBeast for $0.97 for a 5-pack...

Aaaaaannnd then immediately understood why they were clearing them out for less than 20 cents a pop...

Ugh, it made everything taste like 80%PG or something. Chucked it, put in a good old fashioned 0.3 kanthal coil (actually made by Aspire, and not HappyFunCloud#1VerySpecialVapeTime Inc.), and it's back to good times.

I don't know what your mess up was, but mine was being cheap :).

VU Sponsors