Become a Patron!

about burnt hits

af0926

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Hey,

I'm not a new vaper, I've been vaping for about a year and a half but I don't post often so I'm confined to the newbie boards. I've been trying to make healthier choices lately and be more conscious of my health. My question is what do you think constitutes a burnt hit to the point that it is significant? Typically when I'm vaping on pre-built coils I get to the point where if I don't give the juice about ten seconds to wick in between draws it will taste a little funny. When I'm vaping on truly dry cotton though, say on my RDA, I'll get a burnt hit that tastes terrible and burns my lungs worse than a cigarette. Should I be worried about both of these or is it not a big deal in the former scenario?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Post what you have for gear, so maybe some hints can follow from our members?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dry hit of any degree is not good for you, taste or health wise.
When using an RDA you should learn how to use it properly and notice nuances in taste, so that the last drag you take before you drip won't be a one too late.

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agggggghhhhh
Dry hit on an rda with some power behind it is HORRIBLE. That being said, I haven't had a dry hit in forever on an rda for the reasons mentioned. I usually drip, is that your usual vape method? If it's an occasional thing than maybe you just aren't that attuned to the ''almost" dry hit

bugalien

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am so afraid of a dry hit that I haven't had one yet on my RDA. I drip as soon as the flavor changes if I even wait that long. I have gotten some questionable hits from the tank though.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The way I wick and trim my rayon, I can vape it almost dry and not get a dry hit. Are you trimming/thinning the tails out after you pull the wick through the coil?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors