Become a Patron!

About to spend some money, help me out...

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, just getting going here and getting ready to leave the Kanger mega in the car.
Things I'm about to get, help me out here.

Nemesis Copper Clone : Hcigar
Russian 91 : not sure where I should buy this
Ohm meter : not sure where I should buy this
Resistance wire : not sure where I should buy this
Organic Cotton
Batteries : No clue, what are some good options for roughly an entires days use?
Battery Charger : prefer smart charger and not sure where I should buy

I'm looking for some last minute help from you pros out there, I'm pretty excited to bump up my game and start blowing a little bit bigger clouds and especially big flavor compared to my Kanger which just isn't cutting the mustard for home vapeing.
Thanx in advance for any help, vape on.

HELP ME OUT HOMIES!

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Nemesis or Stingray are both good clones.
Lots of vendors selling the Russian
The Greenleaf ohm reader reads ohms and volts, its under $20
A1 kanthan resistance wire form Lightning Vapes 28 and 30 gauge are good ones to start with.
Rayon, Organic or Japanese cotton all good.
Sony VTC5 18650 batteries. Buy from a U.S. vendor like Orbtronics. Lots of fakes out there.
Xtar WPS2 charger or Efest LUC.

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Nemesis or Stingray are both good clones.
Lots of vendors selling the Russian
The Greenleaf ohm reader reads ohms and volts and its under $20
A1 kanthan resistance wire form Lightning Vapes 28 and 30 gauge are good ones to start with.
Rayon, Organic or Japanese cotton all good.
Sony VTC5 18650 batteries. Buy from a U.S. vendor like Orbtronics. Lots of fakes out there.
Xtar WPS2 charger or Efest LUC.

Nice, thanks for the prompt response. Do you think this is a pretty good setup for a first time coil noob? I have been doing a fair amount of reading and feel this should give me what I am looking for, especially coming from a Kanger mega with a Vision spinner battery. Also, any recs as far as where to buy the Neme clone and the russian?

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Nemesis is a good one. Can't go wrong with a Russian, Kayfun or Taifun. Check out the vendors that advertise here. Lots of good deals.

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any recs where I can purchase the bulk of this stuff at one site?

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dies the gauge of wire I get dictate the ohm reading? I'm not looking for sub ohm's but I do want to put out some mildly decent clouds.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Wire from Temco

IMHO, forget cotton, get Ramie fiber from The Woolery.

Nighcore D4 charger or Xtar VPI

Russian from Angelcigs or Focal (doing the alphabet order thing here)

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://imgur.com/E7uDJHB

All my.goods showed up today, minus the kenthal and cotton, GRRRRRR.
My Kanger Mega setup is on the far left. My batteries are currently sitting at 3.6v and 3.8v.
Should I even bother with a build using the stock wire and braided wick, or should I just wait for my cotton and 28/30 gage to show up?
Also, how do I lock the Nemesis? Screwing it all the way in would leave it constantly "on" no??

You can try with the wick and wire that was sent, sometimes it isn't all that bad but you'll do better with Temco of course. Batteries should read 4.2 fresh off the charger, 4.1 at least so you want to recharge those for sure. If you are funning a RBA like a Kafun on that Nemi you are going to need to lock it when you set it down as the weight from the topper can cause it to fire possibly unless you have a really strong spring or magnets.

Good luck with the new rig, sounds like you'll be really happy with it!

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright, Kenthal showed up and I did a 6 wrap micro coil on 30g with organic cotton.
Came out to about 1.39/1.4 ohms.
Plugged it into a fully charged (4.2v) 18650 and it's ripping like a beast.
I also cleaned everything with warm dish soap water then rinsed with piping hot water and rubbing alcohol.

So...Great vapor production, and pretty solid flavor. Slightly scratchy hit if that makes sense?
Juicing Adam Bomb Nectar.

Does this setup seem legit? Other than the scratchy hit its close to where I want to be.
I need a better drip tip and those magnets for the nemesis, the button is click for sure.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Lightning Vapes (EBay) has awesome prices on Kanthal Wire, WAY BETTER than getting it from Temco! Just sayin *My Personal Opinion*

WimpysRevenge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually got my wire from lightning vapes, haha. I'm very pleased with my results so far, considering I have built a total of 2 coils.

brad527

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, just getting going here and getting ready to leave the Kanger mega in the car.
Things I'm about to get, help me out here.

Nemesis Copper Clone : Hcigar
Russian 91 : not sure where I should buy this
Ohm meter : not sure where I should buy this
Resistance wire : not sure where I should buy this
Organic Cotton
Batteries : No clue, what are some good options for roughly an entires days use?
Battery Charger : prefer smart charger and not sure where I should buy

I'm looking for some last minute help from you pros out there, I'm pretty excited to bump up my game and start blowing a little bit bigger clouds and especially big flavor compared to my Kanger which just isn't cutting the mustard for home vapeing.
Thanx in advance for any help, vape on.

HELP ME OUT HOMIES!
Just a thought, the aspire nautilus mini . I have been vaping for 8 years. Since I received my mini's, I have not touched any of my rda's or rba's . Please do not take this the wrong way, I love building coils, playing with different builds and wicks, but this mini is incredible. Drop a bvc coil in, fill it, gives some of the best flavor,clouds, and the coils are lasting twice as long. I was a kanger dude for years, tried the nautilus when it came out, but the coils were the weak link. I got tired of buying coils. This tank and the coils are winners

VU Sponsors