Become a Patron!

About to try some diy.. help would be apprecisted

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So as the title suggests I am going to be ordering all my supplies tomorrow. I have syringes and scale already. I believe I need to order the unflavored nic and flavors. My first question is I run mech mod dual coil. The fluid I get from the shop says MAX VG. Is this 100% vg? Or is there also PG? Do I need to buy vg and PG or just the vg? Thanks. The second question is I'm trying to start tinkering without going crazy on flavors. What are some good fruity recipes? And possibly a link to where they are found? Same question for strawberry cheese cake which my wife loves? Thanks guys... hope to be able to contribute and give back to the community sometime.

From an unregistered lurker on the forums for some time now!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Max VG is often 80%+VG - it usually means no PG was added except what was in the flavorings.

You may want to buy a small bottle of PG if you use tanks - but some people just use VG and then add some distilled water to make it wick properly.

I buy my PG/VG mainly from Essential Depot. A gallon of each is around $60 shipped. You can also buy it from Amazon in smaller quantities, and the shipping is usually included (make sure you buy USP).

There are lots of good recipes in the recipe forum. You could browse there and then just buy the flavors for that recipe (or for those you want to try).

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Amanda pretty well summed it up.

When you are talking about unflavored nic, I assume you are talking about something like 3 MG nic in a VG base, right?

That's an good place to start. But you'll save money by someday moving to 100MG nic and adding it in your base, like a flavoring.

I make my wife a strawberry cheesecake (mentholated). I use CAP New York cheesecake and TFA strawberry. You can use a gram craker flavoring too, if she'd like that.

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay yeah so buy 120ml of 100mg then math it down so there is only 3mg in the bottle... I got ya

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pretty much everything that Amanda said is what I would've said to you. Definitely check out the recipes in the DIY. There are some incredible mixes there.

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So since I am a dripper... I should just buy max vg no pg at all and it will work correct? Will I need distilled water?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So since I am a dripper... I should just buy max vg no pg at all and it will work correct? Will I need distilled water?
Yes and yes.
You will want PG if you mix juice to tank though. IMO, anyway.

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome so nic vape.. some vg.. mixing supplies and flavors and I'm good right?

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for yet another question... I'm adding nic base to my cart... would I want pg or vg base,for that? VG also?

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright... 1 liter vg and 120ml 100mg nic base from vaperstek.. suggest I get anything else from them?

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And since I will be using a scale... I just need a few dropper tops yes?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dropper tops for what?

You can use whatever you want to get the material in the bottle. Pipette, syringe, whatever works for you.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And since I will be using a scale... I just need a few dropper tops yes?
I just squeeze right from the bottle when I weigh. The only thing I use a dropper for is the nic so I don't get too much in the bottle! (I use the glass dropper from old Halo bottles).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use an eye dropper for flavors that are in glass vial with a screw cap other than that, drop directly from the bottles that have dropper tips. Vaperstek... they have some good Inawera flavors.

piemasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm on bullcityvapor.. a lot of there flavors are sold out.. what do you guys use personally?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FlavourArt is my staple. I use a lot of TFA (aka Signature at ecigexpress), Capellas, Inawera. I have very few Flavor West.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mama J's Juice - new vendor, comptetive prices, fast shipping (free at $20)
Bull City
Ecigexpress
EliquidMart

Those are ones I use most frequently for flavors.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't had it personally, but I hear there's a huge difference. VT nic is crystal clear, very smooooooth. I get the VT with throat hit, because I like the throat hit. I have a sample of the regular. Lol, it's too smooth for me, go figure. 1st world complaint, right? Everything tastes so true with it. many people have found themselves using less flavoring with it, too. A couple of pals of mine reduced their nic strength, as well. A tad.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer a VG base nic, but always keep a smaller bottle of PG base nic on standby in the fridge, just in case. I order my straight VG and PG the same way, bigger bottles of VG.

VU Sponsors