Become a Patron!

Acid's Cherimoya Lime Custard

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
Requested by a friend after me and him ate it at a restaurant as desert. Took some time to order the cherimoya but 6 months later had a vaping fella jumping like a 2 year old getting his first lolly...

Simple , complex in flavor and delicious.

Cherimoya (Inawera) - 6%

Custard (FA) - 3% (like its made for this recipe with its lemony zest)

Lemon Sicily (FA) - 0.75%

Coconut (FA) - 0.5% (ye well the desert had cubes of it, and it complements and creams up the mix nicely)

Let it steep the cherimoya and the custard benefit of it greatly.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Requested by a friend after me and him ate it at a restaurant as desert. Took some time to order the cherimoya but 6 months later had a vaping fella jumping like a 2 year old getting his first lolly...

Simple , complex in flavor and delicious.

Cherimoya (Inawera) - 6%

Custard (FA) - 3% (like its made for this recipe with its lemony zest)

Lemon Sicily (FA) - 0.75%

Coconut (FA) - 0.5% (ye well the desert had cubes of it, and it complements and creams up the mix nicely)

Looks good! Thanks.
Geez, how many cherry flavors does Inawera have? (Rhetorical).
What is Cherimoya like as a cherry? (real question!).

Wait. Is Cherimoya a cherry flavor at all?
(off googling)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
from wikipedia:

The cherimoya, also spelled chirimoya, is the fruit of the species Annona cherimola, which generally is thought to be native to Ecuador, Colombia, Peru and Bolivia[1] then transported to the Andes and Central America.[1][2][3]Today, cherimoya is grown throughout South Asia, Central America, South America, California, Hawaii, southern Europe, East Africa, Kisii in particular and northern Africa.[1]

Mark Twain called the cherimoya "the most delicious fruit known to man."[4] The creamy texture of the flesh gives the fruit its secondary name, custard apple.

and:

Some characterize the fruit flavor as a blend of banana,pineapple, papaya, peach, and strawberry. The fruit can be chilled and eaten with a spoon, which has earned it another nickname, the ice cream fruit. Indeed, in Peru, it is commonly used in ice creams and yogurt.

wow, color me intrigued :)

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
Lirruping,

You answered your own question :) or you got more confused? Its nothing like a cherry !!! More appelish , citrusy, zesty , sweet ... well F me my name aint HIC to describe flavors but it is a very interesting flavor

I had it only once in my life at that restaurant :) ... I would never had in my bright mind thought about that fruit if it was not for that desert .

The inawera version surprisingly resembles the real thing, wish I could say the same on some of their other offerings

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lirruping,

You answered your own question :) or you got more confused? Its nothing like a cherry !!! More appelish , citrusy, zesty , sweet ... well F me my name aint HIC to describe flavors but it is a very interesting flavor

I had it only once in my life at that restaurant :) ... I would never had in my bright mind thought about that fruit if it was not for that desert .

The inawera version surprisingly resembles the real thing, wish I could say the same on some of their other offerings

oh, um// I answered my own question AND got more confused? In any case, I'm happy, really happy to have read your post and then looked up this cool fruit. Now I'm only bummed that I can't order it right away, only coz I can't justify having one more thing to ship home. But it is ON my list.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks good AB, Thanks!

But I'm curious, where does the lime come from?

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
oh, um// I answered my own question AND got more confused? In any case, I'm happy, really happy to have read your post and then looked up this cool fruit. Now I'm only bummed that I can't order it right away, only coz I can't justify having one more thing to ship home. But it is ON my list.

HAHA ohh my I did write that didn't I .. did not mean anything wrong , my point was on the apple custard the wiki mentions and the fruit name everyone thinks its a cherry. :)

How long a steep do you recommend?

I would say a week is fine did not notice much change after 2 weeks, it smooths out some of the flavor harshness and the custard comes out more pronounced which on a S&V is pretty much overshadowed by the cherimoya and in my opinion even a bit harsh..

Looks good AB, Thanks!

But I'm curious, where does the lime come from?

The custard has some lime notes (zest) and lemon sicily is there bring a small boost to that, tried using lime cold pressed at the same amount but the results were not much to my liking got a feeling the CP does not play along with the custard, the title perhaps implies its a very lime centric vape but it just there as a hint of it and sounds "fancy" :)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Recipe copied, cherimoya ordered.....thanks!

Checking BCV for INW Cherimoya, I found...

"Enter your email address to be notified when this item is back in stock."

I guess you bought all there was? :)

I'll warm up the truck(s)

Ron
---

"There is nothing in the dark that isn't there when the lights are on."- Rod Serling

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checking BCV for INW Cherimoya, I found...

"Enter your email address to be notified when this item is back in stock."

I guess you bought all there was? :)

I'll warm up the truck(s)

Ron
---

"There is nothing in the dark that isn't there when the lights are on."- Rod Serling
HAHA!! Nope, I actually got the same notice and went to Vaperstek. They didn't have Inawera, but they did have German Flavors, and I like them pretty well too. ;)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HAHA!! Nope, I actually got the same notice and went to Vaperstek. They didn't have Inawera, but they did have German Flavors, and I like them pretty well too. ;)

Ya, I saw that German version there too.

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
^ might be the polish version after all they do not seem to be doing manufacturing. at least what I gathered visiting their german website.

Anyone tried solubarome ? ... intriguing stuff they have

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^ might be the polish version after all they do not seem to be doing manufacturing. at least what I gathered visiting their german website.

I haven't, don't even know where you'd get them. But there is a recipe site I browse through quite often that has quite a few ingredients of that brand.

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
I haven't, don't even know where you'd get them. But there is a recipe site I browse through quite often that has quite a few ingredients of that brand.

Well you might try getting those straight from them, for me shipping is a killer at 34 euro to my country might be better to yours?, a bit to steep for me , I am paying already a very big premium on oversea shipping as it is. I wish I could use vendors freely as you guys.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where is the vendor, or do you know?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I have not, but when I google...

FRENCH CONCENTRATES BY SOLUBAROME MAY CONTAIN OIL

...I'm not too sure I want to...

Ron
----
"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"- Groucho Marx

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ohh dear that does not sound good at all , thanks for the heads up!

When I perused the UK forum posts, for me it was not so much that some of the flavors contained oil (?) but more the response (or lack of) to inquires made in that regard. I'm not sure I can trust whatever the company says what's actually contained in their flavors.

YMMV

Ron
---
"It's the way you ride the trail that counts."- Dale Evans

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks!

Since it's tough for me to make an order at Vaperstek without also getting a liter of their nicotine, I am dragging my feet in the hope they might have a Presidents Day Sale.

I just received an email from BCV that it was back in stock and placed my order there. (still waiting for FA White Truffle & others...)

I noticed that fresh Cherimoya contains poly-phenolic antioxidants that have been found to have anti-helminthes properties. I sure hope that carries over to the mixed vape juice! :)

Ron
----
"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today, and have this recipe on the desk to mix tomorrow!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lirruping,

You answered your own question :) or you got more confused? Its nothing like a cherry !!! More appelish , citrusy, zesty , sweet ...

I was looking online for other flavor descriptors and found "bananas, coconut, strawberries, and mangoes. Some people also taste pineapple and papayas."

But...no mention of lime in my feeble search.

Since I don't see any lime flavors in your "Cherimoya Lime Custard" recipe, where does the lime flavor sensation come from? Just wondering...

I did read that it was not uncommon for folks to sprinkle fresh lime juice on their cherimoya's creamy flesh before enjoying. Maybe that's similar to your restaurant experience and where the lime flavor came from? Just guessing.

Thanks!

Ron
----
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."- Albert Einstein

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was looking online for other flavor descriptors and found "bananas, coconut, strawberries, and mangoes. Some people also taste pineapple and papayas."

But...no mention of lime in my feeble search.

Since I don't see any lime flavors in your "Cherimoya Lime Custard" recipe, where does the lime flavor sensation come from? Just wondering...

I did read that it was not uncommon for folks to sprinkle fresh lime juice on their cherimoya's creamy flesh before enjoying. Maybe that's similar to your restaurant experience and where the lime flavor came from? Just guessing.

Thanks!

Ron
----
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."- Albert Einstein
You probably missed this post, above by the OP:

"The custard has some lime notes (zest) and lemon sicily is there bring a small boost to that, tried using lime cold pressed at the same amount but the results were not much to my liking got a feeling the CP does not play along with the custard, the title perhaps implies its a very lime centric vape but it just there as a hint of it and sounds "fancy" :)"

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only mixed mine two days ago, but I'm dying to try....it smells luscious!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You probably missed this post, above by the OP:

Yes! I did miss that post!

Thank You Very Much for bringing it to my attention. It explains the "lime" part perfectly.

Ron
--
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."- Bruce Lee

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only mixed mine two days ago, but I'm dying to try....it smells luscious!
I'm waiting with bated breath here!

I'm so annoyed that I've got to put the halt on flavor buying until mid-March.This flavor is the most interesting I've heard about in ages.Luckily, I'll be living it vicariously thru you guys :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgot to post, but I absolutely love this recipe! Cherimoya was a first for me, but it won't be the last, this one's a winner!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Close to 500 now if I also count what's in the freezer....but we aren't counting if it's considered "medicinal," are we? :D

I'm not sure of the rules...maybe only if what's in your freezer is a flavored vodka?
:)

Ron
---
"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go."- Paris Hilton

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys have a lot are any of you worried about them expiring. How about storing them? I keep all my flavors and vg/pg in a oak chest to keep my youngins (two cats and dog) out of em. Plus my nic is in fridge and rest in freezer. Is there a right and wrong in this. Haven't came across that in posts except for the nic.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Most likely I would not have tried the INW Cherimoya without your post. Many Thanks for the recipe!

After mixing it 8 days ago, I found it very delicious today. Nice & creamy with apple and tropical fruit notes. It might even be better a week or so from now. ;)

Ron
---
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."-Albert Einstein

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the German Flavors from VT because IA wasn't in stock. I love it, but having tried neither of them I'm not sure if there's a drastic flavor/percentage difference. I know I love this juice though, and I'm thinking a cherimoya cheesecake would be divine!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see BCV has the INW in stock now, pricey buggar, $4.49 for 10ml:eek:.

30ml is a better deal I suppose.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a cart started, but I won RTS Vapes store credit in a contest yesterday so I have most of them covered. And RTS didn't have cherimoya. :(

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:eek:I'm crying Uncle! You win. Cherimoya on the list.

Well...if you don't get it, you will always be wondering....:)

I was perusing the Flavor Review over at Reddit and you may wish to check your inventory of flavors that others have found work well in combination.

Is it "okay" to post a link to that review here?

Ron
"New Member"
---
"Quickly as you can, snatch the pebble from my hand." - Master Kan

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
Well...if you don't get it, you will always be wondering....:)

I was perusing the Flavor Review over at Reddit and you may wish to check your inventory of flavors that others have found work well in combination.

Is it "okay" to post a link to that review here?

Ron
"New Member"
---
"Quickly as you can, snatch the pebble from my hand." - Master Kan

Should be ok I guess , if its reddit or so ... please do interested to see your findings!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the link should be fine, you're not selling anything. Kinda curious myself.

VU Sponsors