Become a Patron!

advice please! - lux, hex…or what's a girl to choose?

H.Quinn5150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am having what I imagine is a very normal dilemma. Power vs size vs price…. Traditionally I prefer a mech. Tubes are great, a series box is better but my lineup has left me wanting. Temp control is not incredibly important to me, in fact i have a hard time remembering the type of wire i put in each RDA, so it actually makes me kind of nervous. I fell in love with the lux the moment i saw it, but I've never seen one except online, i've heard nothing about it either. The hex ohm was highly recommended, and I have been looking at the tirade. truly i just want something somewhat smaller, prefer not to HAVE to have more than 2 batts, and i am definitely an idiot easily blinded by beauty/glitter. Sorry for the ramble, i just wanna chuck some crazy clouds!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am having what I imagine is a very normal dilemma. Power vs size vs price…. Traditionally I prefer a mech. Tubes are great, a series box is better but my lineup has left me wanting. Temp control is not incredibly important to me, in fact i have a hard time remembering the type of wire i put in each RDA, so it actually makes me kind of nervous. I fell in love with the lux the moment i saw it, but I've never seen one except online, i've heard nothing about it either. The hex ohm was highly recommended, and I have been looking at the tirade. truly i just want something somewhat smaller, prefer not to HAVE to have more than 2 batts, and i am definitely an idiot easily blinded by beauty/glitter. Sorry for the ramble, i just wanna chuck some crazy clouds!
Noisy Cricket II-25 offers dual 18650 in parallel, series, or regulated. Small, inexpensive, versatile, and powerful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the lux and absolutely love it. It does have its drawbacks though. The fire button is a bit finicky and will cut out if you don't press it square. But other than that for me it's awesome. Goes down to .06 in power mode, awesome battery life, it fits well in "my" hands. You can use 18650s with it as well as the 26650s that come with it. The best absolutely best part for me is the user mode. You can control the power and ramp up speed wonderfully. That is the best feature of this mod for me. On some vids I saw they said the mod wouldn't save the user settings, but mine does, even with the batteries out for upwards of 12 hours. Must be an updated one maybe, I'm not sure but I sure do love it. As for the other mods, I don't have them so I can't really compare. Just thought I would give you my opinion on the lux.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Noisy Cricket II-25 offers dual 18650 in parallel, series, or regulated. Small, inexpensive, versatile, and powerful.

The NC 2 is pretty great as well. The lux and the NC are my EDC. The lux has a goon on it for now (until I find a 30mm Norris) and the NC has a tsunami on it.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ohmega beast? Looks pretty nice. How do you like it? I gotta buy some rtas like those.
Is a monster... airflow like a snorkel, massive deck (for an RTA). It's not velocity, though... it's a 2 post, 2 hole... post holes are big though... I've got dual aliens in it right now... running around 110 watts...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the lux and absolutely love it. It does have its drawbacks though. The fire button is a bit finicky and will cut out if you don't press it square. But other than that for me it's awesome. Goes down to .06 in power mode, awesome battery life, it fits well in "my" hands. You can use 18650s with it as well as the 26650s that come with it. The best absolutely best part for me is the user mode. You can control the power and ramp up speed wonderfully. That is the best feature of this mod for me. On some vids I saw they said the mod wouldn't save the user settings, but mine does, even with the batteries out for upwards of 12 hours. Must be an updated one maybe, I'm not sure but I sure do love it. As for the other mods, I don't have them so I can't really compare. Just thought I would give you my opinion on the lux.

I agree here.

I own one too.

Battery life is a BIG advantage to me. Not having to change batteries 2-3 times a day. I change them once a day in the LUX.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They might be cheap but I'm cheaper than a ... Insert joke here. I don't like to spend money at all. I try to find stupid deals on things. I got a lasimo l1 for $17 I got the goon for $10. All I do is wait till a b&m can't sell something and swoop in with cash.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did spend a little more on the lux than I wanted to $60. But I did really want it and they knew it.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

what is the budget you are looking to spend?
I am really liking the looks of the new sx mini g class
http://www.vapinart.com/cart/SXmini-G-class-Carbon-Fiber--P2919.aspx

as to temp control.....just stick to ss wire, and you don't ever have to wory about what you have in which topper any more....works for temp control, works for vw, works on a mech (I like ss on a mech better then any other wire).

H.Quinn5150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

thanks for the suggestion, I have had a couple of the original crickets and they wkere, in fact about my favorite little mod, the only problem I had with them is the dread associated with having to change my batts/atty.my button loves to stick and i have to locate a pair of snap ring pliers half the time just to switch my atty. Has the new cricket resolved these issues? Thanks again. :)

H.Quinn5150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I actually have some pretty gigantic hands for a chick, and having to hit the fire button square may actually be a nice feature for me (i have a terrible habit of throwing a mod or three in my purse on my way out the door, had to get rid of one because the fire button was too responsive, lol) but can you put her in your pocket? is there another mod you could compare the size to for me? is it smaller than the rx200? I'm coming to the sad realization that i need at least 150 watts to play with, or my hohm slice would be it, but it stays maxed at 101w. thanks again, i have a serious crush on this mod, and you're the first person i've been able to talk to about it. cheers!

H.Quinn5150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They might be cheap but I'm cheaper than a ... Insert joke here. I don't like to spend money at all. I try to find stupid deals on things. I got a lasimo l1 for $17 I got the goon for $10. All I do is wait till a b&m can't sell something and swoop in with cash.
oh my! a vaper after my own heart! lol, feel free to send any crazy deal info my way… think i may have a real problem….

H.Quinn5150

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what is the budget you are looking to spend?
I am really liking the looks of the new sx mini g class
http://www.vapinart.com/cart/SXmini-G-class-Carbon-Fiber--P2919.aspx

as to temp control.....just stick to ss wire, and you don't ever have to wory about what you have in which topper any more....works for temp control, works for vw, works on a mech (I like ss on a mech better then any other wire).

now that is some useful info!!! i had no idea you could use ss on a mech!! actually i know stainless (in a traditional sense) releases toxins when heated and have wondered why this isn't the case with resistance wire…. as far as budget goes, it's virtually nothing, but if i make a hard and steadfast decision, i can be quite patient and vigilant in my deal seeking… so budget is zero, but sky's the limit. and i totally agree, that is one sexy mod...

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the suggestion, I have had a couple of the original crickets and they wkere, in fact about my favorite little mod, the only problem I had with them is the dread associated with having to change my batts/atty.my button loves to stick and i have to locate a pair of snap ring pliers half the time just to switch my atty. Has the new cricket resolved these issues? Thanks again. :)
Problems solved. Integrated SS 510 with spring-loaded center, and a side-mounted, backlit firing switch. The battery door is a simple slide-in-and-lock affair.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I actually have some pretty gigantic hands for a chick, and having to hit the fire button square may actually be a nice feature for me (i have a terrible habit of throwing a mod or three in my purse on my way out the door, had to get rid of one because the fire button was too responsive, lol) but can you put her in your pocket? is there another mod you could compare the size to for me? is it smaller than the rx200? I'm coming to the sad realization that i need at least 150 watts to play with, or my hohm slice would be it, but it stays maxed at 101w. thanks again, i have a serious crush on this mod, and you're the first person i've been able to talk to about it. cheers!
It is because we don't reach temperatures high enough while vaping to release said toxins (sort of the same reason you can use Ti in tc mode, but not vw mode....in tc mode, you won't reach temps high enough to produce titanium oxide)

VU Sponsors