Become a Patron!

Advice please!

Hi all,
I'm new here (brand new), and was just after some advice about what to buy.
I am currently using an iStick Pico 75W, prior to this one I had been using the iJust S.
I like the Pico but find the tank is too small and am having to refill it quite often. I would just go back to the iJust but I had endless problems with it - constantly leaking, charging port broke on multiple batteries, etc. Both with the Pico and the iJust (only recently started happening though) every now and then I inhale and get this reeeeeeally strong over powering burnt taste for a couple puffs, then it disappears again. I have literally tried everything to stop this happening - changing/tightening coil, buying different lot of coils and trying those, cleaning entire tank, buying a new tank/unit/battery and it just keeps happening over and over, I have been using the same brand of coils with both units and was wondering if anyone else had this issue with eleaf EC head coils?

and my main question is, for a recently converted vape-person (??) what would you reccomend using? I would like something quite basic and easy and ready to use out of the box? Also something fairly common and easy to find would be good as I live in NZ and while vaping is quite popular here its still not entirely over run with vape shops etc.

Thanks!

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does sound like you're ready to move up a bit.
Welcome. I'll be your bad influence until the morning shift arrives...:)

The tank itself isn't the biggest factor, rather the coil head is. Try to think in terms of that.
It's better to buy a tank that has 10 or 12 different coil head builds available than a tank with only a couple coil head choices...

For that reason, I suggest most any Aspire Triton compatible tank.
There are literally dozens of other, competing tank mfg's who have adopted the Aspire Triton coil design.
That makes Aspire kind of an 'eco-system' in vaping...

The Aspire Evo tank is very tasty and has the added benefit
of being able to run like a dozen different, compatible coil heads in the same tank.
Then later, if/when you get another tank, it can use the same coil heads.

The Aspire coils are great and it sure is nice when the same coil heads fit in all your tanks. ;)
Smok has gobs of coils too...

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would recommend the tarot nano mod. get one with the start pack to use the veco one, it be small but be easy to swap out coils (press fitted, rather being screwed onto). its 80w, small and easy to use, everytime you change coils adn it ask for new or old coil, just put in new that way it detects it and it puts in the best avg. wattage for it, the coils would tell you which wattages to range from so you know whats the safety range. GF and i first bought it and it was awesome ^^

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It does sound like you're ready to move up a bit.
Welcome. I'll be your bad influence until the morning shift arrives...
The tank itself isn't the biggest factor, rather the coil head is. Try to think in terms of that.
It's better to buy a tank that has 10 or 12 different coil head builds available than a tank with only a couple coil head choices...
For that reason, I suggest most any Aspire Triton compatible tank.
There are literally dozens of other, competing tank mfg's who have adopted the Aspire Triton coil design.
That makes Aspire kind of an 'eco-system' in vaping...
I went with this advice back when I started Vaping. It worked well and helped me figure out what I liked. The tank I went with then and it worked well with my pico is the super tank mini, you have all kind of coils that will work and it wicks well. I have someone using the tank now to see if vaping is for them and they are loving it.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hi all,
I am currently using an iStick Pico 75W, prior to this one I had been using the iJust S.
I like the Pico but find the tank is too small and am having to refill it quite often. I would just go back to the iJust but I had endless problems with it - constantly leaking, charging port broke on multiple batteries, etc. Both with the Pico and the iJust (only recently started happening though) every now and then I inhale and get this reeeeeeally strong over powering burnt taste for a couple puffs, then it disappears again. I have literally tried everything to stop this happening - changing/tightening coil, buying different lot of coils and trying those, cleaning entire tank, buying a new tank/unit/battery and it just keeps happening over and over, I have been using the same brand of coils with both units and was wondering if anyone else had this issue with eleaf EC head coils?

and my main question is, for a recently converted vape-person (??) what would you reccomend using? I would like something quite basic and easy and ready to use out of the box? Also something fairly common and easy to find would be good as I live in NZ and while vaping is quite popular here its still not entirely over run with vape shops etc.

Thanks!
Welcome to the VU! And congrats on making the switch!! :)

My go to is the Kangertech Subox or Topbox mini. This is what I use 75% of the time. Tank is about 4mls and the coils are reliable. I never have leaking issues with them either. If you get the kit, it comes with everything you need to get started.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @dmdb92 and I hope you enjoy your stay!

With my Pico I found it has a tendency to vapor lock and I need to remove or at least loosen the top cap to let air in at least until the coils get really broken in. You will know that is the problem if you see bubbles rise out of the cotton when you loosen the cap. Hope it helps you enjoy your Pico more!

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi all,

Thanks!
Do you prefer to vape mouth to lung or inhale directly to lungs? That's important to know for recommending a tank for you :)

Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the Tobeco Super Tank Mini. Works great at medium wattages (35-50) Coils are inexpensive and readily available.

VU Sponsors