Become a Patron!

Again, poor Cana-Duh

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Made a recent trip to the local vape store. The “Help Wanted” sign should have been my first clue.

I asked if they had Stainless wire, seeking 28, they only had 40 :/ But while I was there, someone came in asking for 30 VOLT batteries.

They proceeded to help this person, while asking me if I had actually ever wrapped my own coils.

It didn’t end well. As I commented, No. I’m just building a bomb like the numbnuts you’re selling that 30 volt battery too.

I used what Kanthal I had, rather than try another store.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made a recent trip to the local vape store. The “Help Wanted” sign should have been my first clue.

I asked if they had Stainless wire, seeking 28, they only had 40 :/ But while I was there, someone came in asking for 30 VOLT batteries.

They proceeded to help this person, while asking me if I had actually ever wrapped my own coils.

It didn’t end well. As I commented, No. I’m just building a bomb like the numbnuts you’re selling that 30 volt battery too.

Sounds similar to the type of experience I had recently when I went out of town. I had forgotten my precision screwdrivers that I wrap with and needed some cotton.
When I asked if they had a set of precision screwdrivers for sale he reached under the counter and gave me a full sized screwdriver and said I could just borrow his if I was just needing to get the battery door open..strike one. Asked him what kind of cotton he carried and he looked at me confused and then had a lightbulb go off in his head saying “Sometimes I do have some cotton threads running around here, but I’m out right now” I still have no clue what he thought I meant...Strike 2. Generally when I go to a shop I haven’t been to before I check out their wares and such, and asked what kind of batteries do they carry and where are their mechanical mods...he took me to a glass case with eGo pens saying that they were better because you didn’t have to buy a separate charger and since the battery and tank were built together it made them mechanical...Strike three. I feel sorry for the poor souls in that town, as this was supposed to be the A1 Best go-to place for vaping products and accessories. I should’ve known when I didn’t walk into a cloudy haze when opening the door that something was off.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

lol... that's why most of us Canucks shop online. Pretty sure I know a thousand times more about vaping, DIYing and coil building than the guy who runs the local vape shop to me. I went in there once, he said he didn't even vape so I turned around and walked out. :giggle:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did they attempt to correct said customer or were they going to sell him/her a 30 VOLT battery?
Hopefully correct.
If not, WOW!

No, they did not Hopefully I won’t be reading a news story about some idiot that blew his own head off.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've been to two where they didn't even vape and had no clue what they were selling, I saw one try to sell a faux hybrid mechanical mod with a iClear 30s clone.. I was like WOAH there bud that's a very dangerous setup that will very likely hurt someone. Tried to explain to him that those mods should only be used with longer 510 pins and he didn't know what 510 meant. He offered me a job I said no.

Once a girl was behind the counter I'm like I'll take some 26g kanthal, she's like whats that? I'm like wire... She's all oh I don't think we carry that sorry.. I point at it in the display case between us... She grabs the 28g SS facepalm...

Mall kiosk... Chick only been vaping 2 days... trying to sell me goldseal ejuice (low quality ejuice) for 20$ 30ml.. I laughed at her and pulled out my 120ml that I pay 15$ for...

Same kiosk different time, it was next to a food court some young guy maybe 20 years working there ripping massive clouds and blowing them at people eating their lunch, everyone was complaining... The store only sold, cotton, wire, juice and just very basic starter kits like newer ego's/icares etc no cloud chasing stuff. He got fired eventually and about a month after that the mall kicked them out because Laura Secord kept complaining... (I do miss their 3$ 30ml bargain bin of almost expired ejuice though)..

Edit* another one... Go to the vape shop and both employees were outside smoking when I showed up....

Last edited:

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought being in Portland Oregon Area was bad with nothing but overpriced hipster boutiques that have poor selection but Canada seems worse.

I don't know how Canadian online stores like

http://www.canvape.com/Default.asp
http://torontovaporizer.ca/

are. Part of the problem has got to be that many aspects of vaping is technically illegal but unenforced in Canada.
-----------------
Many countries such as Brazil, Singapore, the Seychelles, Uruguay, and Norway have banned e-cigarettes. In Canada, they are technically illegal to sell, as no nicotine-containing e-fluid is approved by Health Canada, but this is generally unenforced and they are commonly available for sale Canada-wide.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_of_electronic_cigarettes

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I thought being in Portland Oregon Area was bad with nothing but overpriced hipster boutiques that have poor selection but Canada seems worse.

There's some really good ones as well though but I just order from fasttech, simple, it comes right to my door..

Crystal Fog Vapes in Sudbury Ontario is pretty great, build table, decent but small selection of gear, hosts events like cloud comps/league (not that I partake), will mix custom juice, not sure if they do it anymore but they used to have a juice making night where you would go in, you make your own mix and you get 2x 60ml bottles for 25$, involved with advocacy, always friendly and willing to help, won't stock juice that has kid friendly labels. The amount of patience Greg has is crazy, I'd probably have steam coming out of my ears dealing with some people lol..

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Canadian government is too greedy to ban ecigs. They are up-in-arms enough that vaping has cut into the tobacco tax and going to cut more and deeper as time goes on. Ontario and Quebec are the most affected cause the tobacco farms and ciggy manufactures are in those 2 provinces and those 2 provinces pretty well run the country. Equalizing vaping with tobacco is the way they are going to tax the shit out of vape juice and gear to be the same cost or more than it would be to smoke. Now with the "left handed cigs" soon to be legalized along with the government wanting and going to run the shops its going to be a entire new shitshow of tax grabbing a nice fat cash cow.
I just don't understand how we have medicare, government run healthcare with thousands dying from tobacco, hospital beds occupied with smoking diseases and people using up hospital resources cause of smoking related issues that vaping isn't welcomed saving the taxpayer untold amounts to treat smoking related illnesses.
The way that the Canadian government is approaching the regulation of by mostly scare tactics to the uninformed and saving the kids

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sounds similar to the type of experience I had recently when I went out of town. I had forgotten my precision screwdrivers that I wrap with and needed some cotton.
When I asked if they had a set of precision screwdrivers for sale he reached under the counter and gave me a full sized screwdriver and said I could just borrow his if I was just needing to get the battery door open..strike one. Asked him what kind of cotton he carried and he looked at me confused and then had a lightbulb go off in his head saying “Sometimes I do have some cotton threads running around here, but I’m out right now” I still have no clue what he thought I meant...Strike 2. Generally when I go to a shop I haven’t been to before I check out their wares and such, and asked what kind of batteries do they carry and where are their mechanical mods...he took me to a glass case with eGo pens saying that they were better because you didn’t have to buy a separate charger and since the battery and tank were built together it made them mechanical...Strike three. I feel sorry for the poor souls in that town, as this was supposed to be the A1 Best go-to place for vaping products and accessories. I should’ve known when I didn’t walk into a cloudy haze when opening the door that something was off.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!
Typically I get precision tools from a hardware store I've had some shitty as pot metal screw driver hex key sets and vape shops always mark everything up so fucking much. Why is this such a common practice. The only reason I've been to a vape shop and here is for specials on wire.

Literally no one builds around here there guy bought tons of kenthal and said it doesn't sell. Then proceeded to tell me vaping was the in thing two years ago, no one vapes anymore. It's in a college town so I know this is false as fuck. Anyone with half a brain avoids these b$m shops because the mark up at even the best store is 20 extra each item.

Online is the only place for me. I would love to support a good b&m not a b$m. 80 for a smok stick v8... They are fucking high. As in to high on drugs to legitimately label price tags.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Typically I get precision tools from a hardware store I've had some shitty as pot metal screw driver hex key sets and vape shops always mark everything up so fucking much.
I knew where I could go to pick some up...it was just the convenience factor of me being out of town and not knowing the area. I had forgotten to pack my set and just figured if I had to throw some extra money at the problem, so be it..at least the money would be supporting a local vape shop. Ended up having to head down the road to Walmart, though.

VU Sponsors