Become a Patron!

Ahh sod it, I am going to be an early adopter of the Sig 75TC.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. After some debating, and getting the sig 150, I have realised most of my dual coil stuff is done around 50-60 watts, 70+ for clloud chasing.

Now, I am using the 150 as my ADV, but I need something slightly smaller. The sig30 mini was a bit too small for my hands, and I have gave that to my fiancee, but I thought why not get the 75? The TC is just a bonus I will probably try out, but to me it is just a 75 watt mod box.

Out and about I will mainly use the SIgelei 75 as that is enough power, and indoors/days when I have bigger pockets I will take the 150.

My only question is, I currently have a Lemo V2, which I love, but I could buy another RTA if there is one that is as good as the lemo as I like collecting things. I already have a mutation Mini RDA on the way, as I liked my fiancees mutation, and saw the mini so though I would get it.

I do prefer for cloud chasing the el cabron though, but the mutation X v4 may of had slightly better flavour, as she has a 30 watt mini she is using a 1.8 Ohm coil at around 12.5 watts, above that she chokes, and sub ohming makes her choke, so for now shes using that.

So, any ideas on a RTA that retails around £25 that is not the Lemo V2 that works well?

Thanks people.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The billow v2 would fit the bill. I thought I loved it with kanthal and wasnt even going to try it with ni200. I just now built a Ni200 28gauge tempered 2.5mm tightly spaced 9 wrap dual coil. The flavor just got a load better. Keep in mind that Im using this on an Istick 40 TC (only temp control mod I have atm) so I am running it at 480 degrees since these run a bit low on temp (at least until my ipv d2 comes in) The build was quite a bit easier than I thought it would be and fits on the deck perfectly. The first billow v2 had some odd screws, but mine is a newer black run and the screws are great, no cutting and solid connection. I would definitely recommend it. Even if you dont do ni or ti builds, the thing is stellar with kanthal as well.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered it just now. The shop I contacted was low on stock, so Saturday they wouldn't of had any. I got it in black and silver, someone lent me the money untill saturday. I ordered it with my favourite drip tip that I have misplaced, and a new LG 3000MAH 20AMP for £58 total.

Will be with me on friday, I can not wait.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to second the Billow V2, but I see you already ordered it. I really think you are going to love it, I'm vaping on mine now as I type this :)

Cheers,
Steve

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The billow v2 would fit the bill. I thought I loved it with kanthal and wasnt even going to try it with ni200. I just now built a Ni200 28gauge tempered 2.5mm tightly spaced 9 wrap dual coil. The flavor just got a load better. Keep in mind that Im using this on an Istick 40 TC (only temp control mod I have atm) so I am running it at 480 degrees since these run a bit low on temp (at least until my ipv d2 comes in) The build was quite a bit easier than I thought it would be and fits on the deck perfectly. The first billow v2 had some odd screws, but mine is a newer black run and the screws are great, no cutting and solid connection. I would definitely recommend it. Even if you dont do ni or ti builds, the thing is stellar with kanthal as well.
Thanks man, that looks like just what I wanted. Thing is, I ordered the Sigelei today as the shop was low on stock, so I borrowed the money to buy the device, paying it back on Saturday. On Saturday I can try the Billow, it looks nice.

One question-is the glass/pyrex fragile? I bought a SMOK RSBT2 as my first RTA and it is crap, the glass cracked putting it back together without excess pressure. It was normal glass, not pyrex.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to second the Billow V2, but I see you already ordered it. I really think you are going to love it, I'm vaping on mine now as I type this :)

Cheers,
Steve
I could only borrow the money for the device unfortunately, so Saturday I will order the billow as they was low on the Sig 75's. He said these are the second batch, the first ones had rattling issues that is now fixed.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man, that looks like just what I wanted. Thing is, I ordered the Sigelei today as the shop was low on stock, so I borrowed the money to buy the device, paying it back on Saturday. On Saturday I can try the Billow, it looks nice.

One question-is the glass/pyrex fragile? I bought a SMOK RSBT2 as my first RTA and it is crap, the glass cracked putting it back together without excess pressure. It was normal glass, not pyrex.
i have dropped it off my desk and it hasnt broken (3 ft on linoleum) Pyrex does seem to be more shatter/crack resistant than glass, Im sure i can figure how to break it though lol 8P

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have dropped it off my desk and it hasnt broken (3 ft on linoleum) Pyrex does seem to be more shatter/crack resistant than glass, Im sure i can figure how to break it though lol 8P

I've dropped my lemo a few times too, but at least it is pyrex. I do not know what SMOK was thinking using standard glass, it broke so cleanly I could put it back together and the pressure of the screw down held it together, but once that happened, and every few hits was dry, I got the lemo.

I have tried many times to get the SMOK to work, different wicking methods, and it either leaks, or I get dry hit, no happy medium on the SMOK. On the lemo, it just works 99.9% of the time. If it gets a little dry I shut of the airholes or cover them with my fingers, and suck to create a vacuum, a bubble of air shoots up the side and gets replaced with juice :).

Not tommorow, but the day after I will be the proud new owner of the second batch of a Sigelei 75W, it is the second batch and does not have the rattling issue of the first batch, so they have already fixed that. I'm hoping for some sort of modified YIHI chip in it, but as long as it works, and I will mainly use it as a normal mod, the TC is just a gimmick that I can try, I will use my nitecore to charge as I always do so see no possible problems.

Reactions: Jah

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does come with the sleeve.
Thank you. That makes me happy, wish I could fall asleep and wake up and it be friday lol. Once I have this I'm sorted, got the 150 for madness/long trips, and this for my daily vape, as 75watts is well enough for me, even with dual coils I find 50-60 to give the best flavour (WIth 26 gauge wire).

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For my money, the Billow is a GREAT tank, and rocks with ni200 builds in it as well. I'm curious to see how well the Sig 75w TC plays out, since I love my Sig100w (still my daily driver for my kanthal builds), using a Evic VT for TC atm.

I REALLY like the TC features, but I'm looking for more "oomph" in it I guess. Currently I'm running a Atlantis 2 with the Vape-aire ni200 coils on it, and it chucks well enough and the flavor is excellent. I've had zero issues with the Evic as well- I know a lot of folks were, but I've had none. Maybe I'm just lucky?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being an early adopter, I get a device that does not upstep the voltage if I build anything below 0.3. at 75 watts, instead of 8.5 volts and slightly below, it steps to 3.88 volts. This is 19.8 amps on my LG HG2, so maxing out the battery if it is full. As the battery life drops, it will over draw the batteries. I have had warnings come up on screen about temperature.

Anyone else have a Sigelei 75, as this can not be used safely below 0.3, and I was enjoying 0.2 at 60 watts on my 150, and looked forward to it in a more portable version. I have contacted the shop about the issue, but it is a dangerous issue. Anyone else got this problem? Or is it just me? I cant contact the shop till Monday, which is annoying.

At 26 watts, it is firing at 2.82 volts. It works fine with coils above 0.3 and steps up the voltage correctly.

VU Sponsors