Become a Patron!

Airflow issue with drip tips

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am having an issue with the airflow. ..when I take the brass connector off and vape with the two separate drip tips it's insane clouds but with the connector on I feel like I am pull excess air with the vaping if that makes sense ..and it's a little difficult to vape two drip tips at the same time on the same mod. And solutions
19978d1a9fa03fb2a0731c1dc86738f2.jpg

I am not sure if the first post I put went through I didn't see it on the thread

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's an interesting little mod there you've got....it's like the "double barrel" carto holder that allowed you to have two carto's at the same time and I reckon the way the airflow travels threw them is about the same. I am not quite sure if I understand the question here...are you asking if you can make the airflow the same with the brass connector merging the two vapes into one?

I am not sure because i have never vaped much let alone seen that mod before (but that mod is awesome, I love it and thank you for sharing :) ) The reason why the airflow is different is because without the brass connector when you're trying to inhale from both drip tips you don't have quite a solid seal on them and you're more than likely inhaling a good amount of air with them as well....one reviewer on youtube dubbbed this process "slipstreaming" and it's a pretty good word for it.

Slip streaming is where you inhale air out the corner of your mouth along with the vapor from a tank or atty causing you to get the appearance of more vapor from a tank or atomizer than you really are. Because you are inhaling a good amount of just fresh air with the consintration of dense vapor it thins it out a bit making it look like more and also cools it down a bit because the air you inhale along with vapor is usually cooler than the small hot coil being used to vape with. The main reason for slip streaming is to get more vapor or a cooler vape from a tank or atomizer that is a "mouth to lung" only type atty like a Kanger Aerotank or evod that even with the airflow set all the way open is fairly tight and restrictive and doesn't give a good straight direct "lung" hit like a Subtank or a RDA designed for cloud chasing.

When you put that brass cap on the two drip tips so it combines them into one you further restrict the airflow as the vape streams are combined making a thicker, denser single strand of hot vapor. This is why the pulls seems tighter and harder. Plus, since you can easily create a solid seal around a single drip tip with your mouth you aren't getting the "slip streaming effect" of the extra raw air being sucked in with the vapor that gives it that lighter, easier to draw feeling.

To get the same effect with the brass connector on as when you don't use it try opening the corner of your mouth a little as you inhale with the brass connector so you can inhale raw air along with your vapor "slip streaming" it...it takes a little practice to hold your lips open just right and get a good draw off the drip tip and the right amount of air out the corner of your mouth but it will give you and easier pull and more vapor and effectively give you the closest thing to lung hits and the "insane vapor" you're trying to get off those two little tanks.

I hope this helps...it was really hard and confusing for my tired dyslexic brain to right so sorry if I jumbled up my points but I think I got them sorted out. If it doesn't help or work or you have more questions please ask and I'll do my best to help. Good luck and happy vaping :)

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for any confusion yes I am using the brass adapter to make 1 drip tip and I still dnt get the vapor production I think it should it works great if I am firing one 1 tank at a time.... but thank you for taking the time to respond

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for any confusion yes I am using the brass adapter to make 1 drip tip and I still dnt get the vapor production I think it should it works great if I am firing one 1 tank at a time.... but thank you for taking the time to respond

Sorry if my explanation was long and confusing...I think I honestly typed in my sleep...I fell asleep at my computer last night and think I answered your thread in my sleep and I apologize. I'll give it one more go and if I can't help then I will butt out...fair enough? :)

What I was saying was is without the brass adapter when you try and inhale off of two drip tips you're probably inhaling some air out the corner of your mouth as well and that will add to your vapor production...well, in feel and appearance anyways...and sucking air out the corner of your mouth as you take a drag off your vape has been dubbed "slip streaming" by a reviewed and it stuck so I was suggesting to try and do that with the brass adaptor connected and see if that helps. You have to remember by using that adaptor that you're increasing the distance that the vapor has to travel to get to your mouth and lungs and is starting to cool along that way so by the time you exhale there my not be as much visible vapor left as you're hoping for.

Also you have to remember that even though this is a dual battery mod, it's still a dual battery unregulated parallel box mod so the voltage is still maxing out at 4.2 even though your mah and amp limit is in theory doubled...you're firing two sub ohm coils on a pair of unregulated batteries. That's a fairly hard load for the batteries to push raw without a good voltage drop involved is what I am thinking.

If you had a pair of inline voltage meters I would screw them on between the tanks and the mods to see what each tank is firing at under load after voltage loss. Even though you have two batteries to fire the two tanks firing both of them in tandem may be causing excessive voltage drop giving a week from performance from both of them as apposed to firing one tank at a time with a much lighter voltage drop from less demand on the batteries allowing it to perform better.

it could be a combination of any of these things or just one of them that contribute to an unsatisfactory performance....what kind of batteries are you using with it if I may ask?

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I totally understand what you are saying thank you for your time using a pair of
439b4fcdbc57b4b243698de3b00736e4.jpg

Do you have a better suggestion for batteries?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I totally understand what you are saying thank you for your time using a pair of,
Do you have a better suggestion for batteries?

Yes and no...I can recommend different batteries but only real world use with your mod will tell if they're better or not. I would get a pair of VTC 3's ...I know you'll get shit for runtime but they're about the best mech batteries performance wise...authentic VTC3's have a slightly lower internal resistance that even their 4 and 5 version siblings. They're only 1600 mah so if that's a parallel box you'll only have a total combined runtime of 3200 man instead of 5000 but if they perform better than your MXJO's then I would grab a pair of vtc 4's and take the middle ground.

MXJO's are a re-wrapped battery, I can't remember which one they are for sure but I think they're LG HE2's if memory serves right, if I am wrong one of my fellow friends on here will come along and see my posts and correct me. you can get VTC3's dirt cheap at the link below and I love them in my Segeli 150 as well as when I am cloud chasing and want the best performance from my mechs and because they're the "old battery with a low mah" they're dirt cheap :) It wouldn't hurt to try them since I can get a pair of them shipped for 11.59 from here

http://liionwholesale.com/cart

I also want to try the new LG HB6's ...again, only 1500 mah but they're at true 30 amp battery and I can get a pair shipped for 12.35 from here to me.

http://www.imrbatteries.com/lg-hb6-18650-1500mah-30a-flat-top-battery/

Those batteries you have actually have a continuous drain rating of 20 amps, not 35...35 is the max pulse rating which is the hardest you can push your battery for a very short amount of time. Now even though your batteries are working in parallel so you have a total combined continuous max drain limit of 40 amps having two real 30 amp continuous drain limit batteries like the VTC's or the HB6's will probably give you a better performance with their combined amp limit of 60 amps in parallel. The trick to a long happy battery life is to keep it from draining as far away from that continuous drain limit as possible....the more you push it to that limit and beyond towards the pulse limit the more you stress your battery the shorter it's life span and the worse it will perform over time.

I have a pair of batteries from LG called HD2's ...they're a 25 amp continuous drain rated battery with a 2000 mah capacity. I like them just fine, I only have a pair for my sig 150 so I can't tell you how they would hold up in a mech like yours but I will tell you that my pair of 1600 mah VTC 3's that I use in my Sig 150 give me the same amount of run time even though they've got 400 less mah lifespan.

Of course running a regulated mod is not the same as just running an unregulated mech but the idea of a better performing battery with a less mah lasting just as long as a lesser performing battery with a higher mah still applies :)

I know my responses are long but I try and explain things as clearly as possible, I am sorry if they're too long worded, I honestly am trying to help

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only wish I could've done that cleaner. All I have is Paint. Better than a rock, I suppose ;)

I don't care, I love it...I already swiped it and it's in the photobucket :) Thank you again :D

VU Sponsors