Become a Patron!

Alien 220W mod not accurately displaying wattage?

On my 220W mod I just put a Valyrian tank on. The coil is .15, and it recommends a 95-120W range for the settings. I had mine set to 120 for a moment there and got kind of a weird taste like i was burning it too hot so I put the volts, resistance, and amps into an online wattage calculator and it said it was 127W. I lowered my settings to 100W and checked again and the calculator said 117W.

I then set my mode to soft at 100W and the calculator said 104W. Does this mean that my mod is not working properly based on the wattage i am specifying or is this the intended function with the intended modes?

I've had really really bad luck with all forms of tanks/RDA/RTA's and i'm honestly starting to wonder if part of the issue is in my mod.

Shaulisbvape

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Try going lower that's just a recommendation i wouldn't go higher then recommended but lower is fine check out steam-engine.org

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The displayed info never does seem to completely mesh. On top of that you can't use direct ohm's law for calculations on a regulated mod. With a chip there's an extra variable between the battery voltage, amp limits and resistance of the coil. I wouldn't get too hung up on it, just go by the watts you're setting for the coil. The wattage ranges are just a suggestion, not something you have to follow precisely for factory coils. If it had an odd flavor try turning the wattage down until the flavor's where you want it.

The soft/normal/hard settings are like a preheat set into the mod. I think it's 10% of the wattage (I may be wrong, it may only be 5%). So for instance if you have it set to fire 100w on normal, it will fire at 100w. Set to soft it will begin firing at 90w and ease up to 100w. Hard will push 110w at first to help get the coil going then back off to 100w for the rest of the vape.

Much like the mod's chip temperature displayed, it's kind of nice that it tells how hot the chip is getting. The problem is it doesn't specify anywhere what's 'dangerous' or 'hot' for the chip. Mine stayed around 35c on the pcb unless it was really cold in the room. During hot summer days it would get closer to 40c. If the 'warning' temp was 45c I could at least see the board was getting too hot, give it a rest. Or if it was 65c as the warning temp to indicate overheating then I could keep vaping without much to worry about. Without that important piece of the puzzle the pcb temp reading is useless.

VU Sponsors