Become a Patron!

Alien 220W Problem

UPDATE: I seem to have fixed the problem

Ive had my alien for about 6 months now. Always been a great mod. Used the baby beast it came with for a while and eventually bought a pharaoh rta. Have been building for a while and absolutely love building on this thing. A few days ago while I was putting a 0.2 ohm alien Clapton on the deck and as i was working out the hot spots i accidentally fired the mod with a 3mm metal rod touching the coil. I've built on quite a few rda's and a few rta's and have shorted out a few coils before but this is the first one i've shorted out on the alien. It immediately tried to read the coil as 3.xxx ohms. I took the coil out and figured it was trashed. Wrapped another one up and it came out to 0.23 ohms. Put it on the alien and clicked the fire button to read the ohms and it read 0.23 at first like it should so i fired it to get the coil to turn red hot and it said the "new coil ohm" message and tried to read it at 1.xxx ohms. So this morning i tried to put a pre-built fused clapton that says it should come out to .45 ohms in it. It came out to .458 ohms on the alien at first and then same problem again. I can get it to read .57 ohms and have gotten it to read .45 ohms a few times by taking the tank off and putting it back on over and over again but after maybe 50-100 puffs the ohm box will go to 0.000 ohms and say low ohms and then i unscrew the tank and screw it back on and it tries to read at 1 or 2 or 3 xxx ohms. So i tried to reinstall the firmware and that didn't fix it. also its reading 6.103 volts, 10.63 amps, and 0.574 ohms at 100 watts. with those numbers the mod should only be pushing about 67 watts not 100 watts. I have no clue whats going on. Could i have just fucked the chip and need to just trash the mod and buy another or is there a fix to this? also sorry if some of this doesn't make much since haven't slept in 33 hours and its hard to describe this problem without actually being able to show someone what its doing when it does it in person. (the picture i attached shows the amps,ohms,volts, and wattage so you can see what i was talking about with it saying its at 100 watts but not putting enough power from the battery to push past 67 watts.)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

VU Sponsors