Become a Patron!

Alien and TFV12

Hi. I use a alien with a TFV12 and I need to know what my PCB should be. I am just worried. I chain vape and I've seen it at 47 before. I now don't let it get above 40 before I set it down until it cools down. I keep my wattage around 120-140 w. Please help ease my mind! Thank you in advance

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi. I use a alien with a TFV12 and I need to know what my PCB should be. I am just worried. I chain vape and I've seen it at 47 before. I now don't let it get above 40 before I set it down until it cools down. I keep my wattage around 120-140 w. Please help ease my mind! Thank you in advance
I would ask how long of chain vaping to get there? And further, disregarding PCB for a moment, Is the mod warm or hot to the touch?

A mod with a tank that size, chain vaping, and at that wattage, is gonna get warm. I've seen above 40 C on the PCB on mine, but at around that is when I personally felt letting it cool down is wise. Not terribly long. I was pulsing some big coils and it got hot naturally.

I did check my batteries. They pop out so easily in that mod, I wanted to see if the heat was from all the rdas and mods metal, and make sure my batteries weren't warm. They were fine.

I would say that it's wise to keep an eye on, and use "feel". If a mod is getting warm/hot, probably time to give it a rest. All that metal and current creates heat that will radiate through the device.

Just check your batteries if it seems too warm. You don't wanna be pushing batteries to that point ideally. Warm batteries will happen to an extent, hot is not ok. And warm to myself means take a break.

These mods and tanks are awesome, just we are pushing tons of power at them these days. 120-140W is fine with your setup, presuming your batteries are proper and sufficient. But, that's a ton of power.

Last thing. When I have a mod feeling hot, I tend to feel the atomizer. If my atty is hot, hotter than the mod, it's an indicator that the heat from the tank/rda is going through the mod. Again, probably break time, and wise to make sure your batteries aren't hot, but it will give an indication of the source of the heat.

Be safe.

I would ask how long of chain vaping to get there? And further, disregarding PCB for a moment, Is the mod warm or hot to the touch?

A mod with a tank that size, chain vaping, and at that wattage, is gonna get warm. I've seen above 40 C on the PCB on mine, but at around that is when I personally felt letting it cool down is wise. Not terribly long. I was pulsing some big coils and it got hot naturally.

I did check my batteries. They pop out so easily in that mod, I wanted to see if the heat was from all the rdas and mods metal, and make sure my batteries weren't warm. They were fine.

I would say that it's wise to keep an eye on, and use "feel". If a mod is getting warm/hot, probably time to give it a rest. All that metal and current creates heat that will radiate through the device.

Just check your batteries if it seems too warm. You don't wanna be pushing batteries to that point ideally. Warm batteries will happen to an extent, hot is not ok. And warm to myself means take a break.

These mods and tanks are awesome, just we are pushing tons of power at them these days. 120-140W is fine with your setup, presuming your batteries are proper and sufficient. But, that's a ton of power.

Last thing. When I have a mod feeling hot, I tend to feel the atomizer. If my atty is hot, hotter than the mod, it's an indicator that the heat from the tank/rda is going through the mod. Again, probably break time, and wise to make sure your batteries aren't hot, but it will give an indication of the source of the heat.

Be safe.
The mod does get warm but not too hot to hold. Thank you so much!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The mod does get warm but not too hot to hold. Thank you so much!
Just be careful. Mods get warm, but if they get warm it's usually time to give it a moment. If you ever even approach too hot to hold you are probably in bad shape, and definitely need to put it down.

Just know you're pushing a lot of power. Make sure your batteries are good, paired, and capable. And give it a rest if you start getting heat. The accessibility, ease of use, and affordability of these mods is great, but it's also easy to lose track of the fact that you do have a ton of potential power in the palm of your hand. You don't need to spend much, or unfortunately understand much to "chuck clouds" these days.

To be clear I'm not saying that is descriptive of you or your intentions, simply that it's easy to see these mods and tanks with high power capabilities and forget that it's something to be respected and understood. They're so accessible and commonplace, a great thing BTW, but also that lends to neglecting truly understanding things. That's why this place is here. Vape safe. And I always say ask questions and err on the side of caution. If something feels or seems wrong, I won't go so far as to say it probably is... but it's definitely time to listen, so to speak, and figure things out.

And the only time I really have heat issues tends to be pulsing big coils for series boxes. I always do it on a regulated mod, and they get hot. I am careful, and I will take a break sometimes if the coils are being picky about heating even.

Late night ramble. I wish I could say more as a vendor. I've probably said too much with the laws these days, but it's just my personal experience as a vaper... ;) not advice... Again, constantly educate, be safe, and if something seems wrong, figure it out in a way other than forging on. Ask questions... These devices and technology are generally safe these days, but they pack a lot of power, and knowing what that all means and entails is still important in spite of the built in fail safes. And nothing is safe when used improperly.

Again, no offense intended if you know this, just typing.

Bed Time for me.

VU Sponsors