745568c5.gif

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I need to go get it looked at before my son gets home, last thing I need is him back in the hospital, He is coming home today its not an infection its acute rejection we are stopping the plasmapheresis and starting IVIG so I need to stay clear away, hubby is picking him up from Madison Wi. today

i hope it gets better, JM.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have to flush that system? I've had two different liquid cooled setups (two different computers at work) that have failed over the last year due to buildup in the lines / clogging / whatever. They didn't completely die, but everything started running hot, so the decision was made to replace them. Given that we now have about a dozen folks with liquid systems, I've been meaning to research this and see if we need to add it to our list of yearly maintenance.
I just add "PC Ice" when needed. Same bit for seven years. Replaced the pump three years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
3870993718.png

I didn't get this internet but it's 20 year old speeds...

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have to send the husband to do the grocery shopping today, loads of pain and my damn anti inflammatory made me puke. :(

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to confess that I understand all of it. :rolleyes:

And I'm thinking that a high percentage of vapers who rebuild atomizers REBUILD EVERYTHING! :D
Yup.
A couple of weeks ago I replaced a sticking brake caliper on my truck. I looked at all of it and said "How hard can it be?" Lol. It was a bit harder than I thought it would be, but not hard enough to deter me from future efforts. Last weekend I replaced the front brakes and rotors on another of our vehicles :)

(Those that work on cars are probably laughing at me, knowing how easy this stuff is. It was all new to me and I was pretty apprehensive about the outcome, but it all works, and I'll do it again next time!)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let me guess that was for an early gen AMD chip huh? Those things ran freaky hot!

Nah, I have a C2D E7200 and bought that HSF with a thought towards updatability. This has brackets for several cpu types, including 1155 and probably others too.

I did tinker with OC it up to about 3.5 gHz, but the risk of failure is not an option. I bought this computer for $50 broken on CL and fixed it up. Won't find that deal again. ;-)

However, an i5 or i7 mobo/RAM/etc upgrade costs more then the computer is worth and I'll never have $300+ to do it. I would go AMD, but Intel is better for most things like Photoshop and video.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How many times did you cut yourself during installation? :)
I added a similar Cooler Master unit to my build last year. Given the somewhat tight confines of the case (built to fit in an entertainment unit), my knuckles took a serious beating...

The best thing I did for that system: A 250GB SSD. It's amazing how fast that thing boots, especially compared to a standard speed hard drive.

No cuts..but yeah, those fins are razor sharp. ;)
I had considered the Hyper 212 as well, it's a classic. But am happy with this.
Also, I used something other than the usual Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste: http://tuniq.com.tw/accessories/tx2E.html
http://tuniq.com.tw/accessories/tx2E.html
Tuniq TX-2 Extreme

http://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19673&Itemid=23

I have smaller hands and very good dexterity...also both sides come off the aluminum tower case, so it wasn't hard at all. :)

6cnJgnbl.jpg

SSD would be nice, but the computer is too old for it to be worthwhile. I'm not a gamer.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting stuff:

From guns to booze, 11 midterm ballot measures to watch

Lisa Desjardins October 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM EDT
Senate. Argh. House of Representatives. Ugh. Americans, clearly questioning the value and usefulness of their members of Congress, should take heart in another aspect of the democratic process — the scores of ballot measures that could have the most direct impact on their lives of any contests this election.

Across the country, 147 state ballot initiatives, questions and constitutional amendments will determine powerful policy: affecting things like how much money people earn, whether they can buy a beer, what shoppers know about their food, the kind of health care families can access and the limits on abortion, hunting and gun ownership. And, a somewhat meta question — when people can vote.
[/LIST]

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/10-ballot-measures-know/

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Our internet will disappear tomorrow...I think but we're getting faster and reliable internet soon.
Hope you are not gone long enough to miss the historic 10,000 post mark that should be hit sometime early next week If not this weekend :)

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hope you are not gone long enough to miss the historic 10,000 post mark that should be hit sometime early next week If not this weekend :)

Hopefully I don't!

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup.
A couple of weeks ago I replaced a sticking brake caliper on my truck. I looked at all of it and said "How hard can it be?" Lol. It was a bit harder than I thought it would be, but not hard enough to deter me from future efforts. Last weekend I replaced the front brakes and rotors on another of our vehicles :)

(Those that work on cars are probably laughing at me, knowing how easy this stuff is. It was all new to me and I was pretty apprehensive about the outcome, but it all works, and I'll do it again next time!)
LOL next time just call me breaks are so easy. Yes my nick name is pit gurl for a reason!

Just Me

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not gonna catch up with all the pages so...
(in no particular order)

Lol
wow
hello nurse!
I didn't do it
I have no idea
bite me
haha
nice!
Etc...
Sweetie noce to see you back

Reactions: Ace

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had considered the Hyper 212 as well, it's a classic. But am happy with this.
Also, I used something other than the usual Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste:
Tuniq TX-2 Extreme
http://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19673&Itemid=23

I have smaller hands and very good dexterity...also both sides come off the aluminum tower case, so it wasn't hard at all. :)

6cnJgnbl.jpg

SSD would be nice, but the computer is too old for it to be worthwhile. I'm not a gamer.

Hyper 212 inside this old warhorse, an ancient Antec SOHO case that has housed at least 5 generations of processors, and a Thermaltake power supply almost as old. Currently: Intel i5 Quad @ 4.5 GHz, ASRock MB, G.Skill RAM, EVGA GTX 760, Samsung EVO SSD up top with a WD Green full time backup. Wonder what's coming up that will make me rebuild again?

PA301843 edit.jpg PA301847 edit.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love the line "Slower than 93% of US"
Hope you get something significantly faster and are back on-line quickly.

Agreed!

I remember the days of slow...
In my former Apt., I went from dialup to 1.5Mbps service on a Cisco 678 then to 7Mbps and now in this Apt., I get this for half the price of 7:

speedtest_10_30_2014.png

That's on a 15/5 VDSL line. Not too bad for about $30/mo. including a landline.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hyper 212 inside this old warhorse, an ancient Antec SOHO case that has housed at least 5 generations of processors, and a Thermaltake power supply almost as old. Currently: Intel i5 Quad @ 4.5 GHz, ASRock MB, G.Skill RAM, EVGA GTX 760, Samsung EVO SSD up top with a WD Green full time backup. Wonder what's coming up that will make me rebuild again?

View attachment 8091 View attachment 8092

Nice rig man! :D

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not gonna catch up with all the pages so...
(in no particular order)

Lol
wow
hello nurse!
I didn't do it
I have no idea
bite me
haha
nice!
Etc...
Welcome back man! So how was the trip to Sin City?

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Steve Vai - For the Love of God:

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hyper 212 inside this old warhorse, an ancient Antec SOHO case that has housed at least 5 generations of processors...

I have that same case. It's currently housing an early P3 combo that's slower than, well, it's pretty slow. Actually, the PSU's dead, so that makes it even slower. :rolleyes: I need to empty that one out and build another new system for my basement shop.

VU Sponsors