Alternate Universe

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate it man but I have what I need to get through the day and I'll start rebuilding tomorrow it just sucks...I already know who it was...a friend of a friend that got too drunk...I'll sure he will give it back when confront.

No need for violence...its just stuff

no one can get drunk if there ain't no booze around. just saying. ;)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate it man but I have what I need to get through the day and I'll start rebuilding tomorrow it just sucks...I already know who it was...a friend of a friend that got too drunk...I'll sure he will give it back when confront.

No need for violence...its just stuff

i admire your restraint, dear. i thought sure you would open up an industrial can of whoopass on him. hope you get all your stuff back. peacefully.

and hi and happy thanksgiving to all my friends!

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i admire your restraint, dear. i thought sure you would open up an industrial can of whoopass on him. hope you get all your stuff back. peacefully.

morning and happy no work day! :)

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Don't get me wrong I love fighting more than anything. As long as it is sanctioned and for sport.

Outside of the sport. I despise violence. People that use violence to bully and intimidate other people are themselves insecure and cowards.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't get me wrong I love fighting more than anything. As long as it is sanctioned and for sport.

Outside of the sport. I despise violence. People that use violence to bully and intimidate other people are themselves insecure and cowards.
Nice attitude, but, he would certainly get a severe dressing down from me. You dont disrespect my home.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

you are awesome sauce! :)

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Morning all....
tumblr_mdx8pwEnYX1rxuczc.gif

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So he must know that Tolkiens lord of the rings is about catholicism... His books where required reading when I was a lad

always viewed it as a means of creating a british mythology. angle, saxon and danish remembrance of beowolf and the nibelungs and a desire to recreate that form of epic. heroes, monsters and ale.

as if we lack for monsters...

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i hear ya. i have a small pteradactyl in mine, and there are only 4 small female humanoids gonna eat it. talk about overkill.
My brother and my son will be here and bro will take home leftovers. Best part is not having to cook for another few days...at least not much.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
always viewed it as a means of creating a british mythology. angle, saxon and danish remembrance of beowolf and the nibelungs and a desire to recreate that form of epic. heroes, monsters and ale.

as if we lack for monsters...
Was part of that but the backbone behind the stories was catholicism...you know the battle between good and evil...I mean look at the Eye of Sauron...That represents the devils all seeing eye

Sambuca

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was part of that but the backbone behind the stories was catholicism...you know the battle between good and evil...I mean look at the Eye of Sauron...That represents the devils all seeing eye

his buddy, cs lewis, was more overly christian in his writings. but, as in mixing norse and german mythology, it does have a lot of christian myths/mythology mixed in it. gandalf the "resurrected",for instance. the darker things are more about his experience in ww1.

the battle between good and evil isn't a "catholic" thing. catholics might see it that way, but no other organization on earth represents evil as much as the catholic church does/has. muslim extremist come close, but they're not organized. protestant england ran a close second,as well.

tolkien sees it the way you describe and thus infused his work with it. he is just it with norse and german mythology in similar fashion to early christians adopting philosophy and thus adding greek mythology into their belief system.

the "british" people aren't the brits. it's the celts. the brits are norse and germanic. they've been converting their pagan beliefs into christian ones for a thousand years. and vice versa. though you might call that a pretty apt description of catholicism. it has pagan roots. you got peoples to become catholic by accepting much of their pagan customs. catholic/protestant colonialists changed that somewhat, but not in a very christian way.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
his buddy, cs lewis, was more overly christian in his writings. but, as in mixing norse and german mythology, it does have a lot of christian myths/mythology mixed in it. gandalf the "resurrected",for instance. the darker things are more about his experience in ww1.

the battle between good and evil isn't a "catholic" thing. catholics might see it that way, but no other organization on earth represents evil as much as the catholic church does/has. muslim extremist come close, but they're not organized. protestant england ran a close second,as well.

tolkien sees it the way you describe and thus infused his work with it. he is just it with norse and german mythology in similar fashion to early christians adopting philosophy and thus adding greek mythology into their belief system.

the "british" people aren't the brits. it's the celts. the brits are norse and germanic. they've been converting their pagan beliefs into christian ones for a thousand years. and vice versa. though you might call that a pretty apt description of catholicism. it has pagan roots. you got peoples to become catholic by accepting much of their pagan customs. catholic/protestant colonialists changed that somewhat, but not in a very christian way.

This explains things
http://www.decentfilms.com/articles/faithandfantasy

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya, they can get pretty big.. But I watch through the VivoPC (HTPC) on a 55" 1080P through a 5.1 system w/ Kilpsch Fortran II speakers.. ;)

I have the Quad speaker ACS's version of yours for my PC.. Setup so both front and back are Left and Right. Main speakers on the desk, the 'rears' (now also Front L/R) on the shelf above the monitor.. Makes them sound like 'big' speakers ;)

ACS56W-unit.jpg

Some of the best sounding PC speakers for the money.. And really good back in the early 2000's when they were bought :)

Yeah, I bought my original ACS-45's for $7.99 at a thrift store. They needed a new cable is all. :)

Not the 45.1 or 45.2 but the original ones from 1997. Built like a tank and heavy. IIRC, they have 200W worth of power transistors in there..but crippled to about 80W.

I find they sound best with a bit of EQ, but I play FLAC and 320K MP3 on them all the time and they rock out.

Like these ones:

DSC06172.jpg~original.jpg
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/...media-powered-speakers-model-acs-45/493682790

I could buy new ones, but why? They'd be cheap chinese crap for what I could afford.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$275 back in the day...after I spent over a year in pre-order. Just a telescopic mech. And I gave it away.

Better man than I...
I couldn't do that with an ELA....one of Super-T's better mods along with the Precise.

For those who don't know it:

Precise_ELA518500_P.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@adk1989

Mucho congrats on the big bout!!
Also I hope ya get your stuff back....I'd go insane if my vape collection got stolen.

@cherrycakes

LOVE the pumpkin cheesecake!!! Yummm.

I got awoken at 0730 by my lovely beasty of a kitty, but it's ok.
Had time to wake up and make eggnog lattes before Football. :D

I doubt I'll go to fam stuff...it's too stressful and weird, plus the lose-and-you're-out Seahawks game is on during their dinnertime...hellz no.

Thawing some chicken breasts. The plan is:

Grilled chicken breast with a cilantro/pepper medley, potatoes and gravy, green beans with grilled spam chunks & onions and whatever else I feel like. ;-)

Oh, also all-day Football and a few beers. I'll just enjoy a nice quiet day being thankful for having a decent home and a most excellent Tiki-Kitteh.

She'll be having her fave food, which is basically a TG dinner:

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/product.aspx?ProductId=32&product=Original Ultra® Canned Cat Formula&ProductCategoryID=6&category=Cat Canned Formulas
Main Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Duck, Salmon, Carrots, Ground Brown Rice, Salmon Meal, Dried Cranberries

Skol vape-peoples, I hope ya have a good day wherever you are.
turkydance2.gif

Last edited:

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Happy Thanksgiving to All in this Strange Land. I made a quash pie with graham cracker crust today [an experiment] to Bring to my Sister's today. I am thankful for family stability and Vaping

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tasty snack for watching the game: Leftover chicken breast, some refried beans, Colby-Jack cheese, a quick Salsa Fresca and some diced Avocado.

Salsa: Roma Tomato, Mayan Onion, crushed/minced Garlic, Cilantro, Serrano chile pepper and Kosher salt & Black pepper. The avocado got a dash of Lime juice and sea salt too.

Love using my Nakiri for salsa, it's just not fair to the veggies. ;-)

Warmed the tort, beans, meat and cheese. Then piled on the good stuff.

Decided I'd go fancy since it's a Holiday, with a bit of sour cream and fork-swirled Habanero sauce and a Cilantro/Black Pepper garish. =)

The colors of Mexico...

Nom Nom Nom.....Gobbled.

VU Sponsors