Become a Patron!

Altria Shows the FDA How to Kill the Vaping Market

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulling something from the market that was already not supposed to be sold?
No PMTA = Not to be sold.

The Deeming reg impacts are only now beginning and the FDA set out to destroy the vaping market years ago.

Yeah sucks bigtime.

And on the flavor ban thing I found this excerpt from the above link interesting.

The FDA intended to ban flavors as part of its 2016 Deeming Rule, but the Obama White House nixed the flavor ban for unknown reasons. Since then the agency has been under constant pressure from tobacco control groups and Democratic politicians to use its deeming authority to restrict flavor choices. There is also a current bipartisan Senate bill that would ban flavors except tobacco.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Click on the link and get a coupon for a discount to buy them? Yeah pulled huh?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Altria announced today that it would pull its pod vapes MarkTen Elite and Apex from the market until the FDA approves them via a premarket tobacco application
I suspect the FDA's recent inquisition is just a convenient excuse for Altria to pull a product line that's never had much market share and likely never turned a profit. Think about it: Mark Ten was a distant also-ran to Vuse before Juul came along and cleaned both their clocks.

VU Sponsors