Become a Patron!

Am I being safe?

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've gotten into building my own coils recently and I seem to build very low ohm coils without meaning to.

I understand resistance in the different common alloys of metal used in coil making. I typically use kanthal for core wires (fused claptons, alien, etc) and ss for the wrap wire.

I would like to know if my builds are a possible danger. This set of aliens are cooking at 0.07ohms. The set I just put in my Medusa Reborn is 0.05

7800e3d1daff6615de4ae05c70b2e57a.jpg

73f2163486408a2a2a0fde8464b1def3.jpg

30936674583af0a7f010aff0aedbf73d.jpg

My Kylin has a fat single coil 4 core fused clapton at 0.07ohms. Far and away the best build I've ever put in that rta. It's fantastic, one of my favorite coils period.

04eb3e88ee120e4040b58316b5cf5e18.jpg

I'm running them on a Hohm Wrecker G2 and it *should* be safe but I don't know for sure. My intention was to build coils for my various attys, and also coils for my girlfriends little BBB rba, but I can't seem to make anything higher than 0.09ohms and her little single 18650 Pico clone won't fire them. They are just simple fused claptons, 5 wraps, 2mm I.D.

So, am I playing with fire, or is my mod doing the thinking for me? The batteries never get hot. The vape is outstanding. I'm very satisfied with what I'm doing aside from the little voice in the back of my head saying that this may not be the smartest idea.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk... since its mainly the batteries you use that determine safety followed by type of mod.... we can answer the question cause you don't mention batteries....

I believe that mod is safe that low if the batteries can support the amp draw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The G2 is made to run coils like that in temp mode, as long as you are running good batteries you'll be fine, enjoy the good vape ;)

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! Someone told me that this mod would ruin other mods for me. They were right. I ordered a Hohm Slice last night. I'll probably order another G2. Obviously I'm not familiar with the electricity part of the mod, but I like the idea of harvesting an fsk chip and other parts. I'd like to make a 21700 squonker with a footprint that doesn't cause the mod to fall off of everything at the slightest touch. Even with rda's the G2 is rediculous in that regard. Hoping the Slice is more reasonable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah the biggest con with the g2 imo is easy to knock over, constantly telling my wife to not set it on the edge of tables even though they are tough no one wants to drop a mod lol. Clowdy vapor I believe has the fsk chip for sale, always dreamed of an fsk squonk myself.

Probably wouldn't be too much of an issue to modify a Hammond or alpinetek enclosure, or possibly find something on shapeways.

bratz

Member For 4 Years
C
2lt
Idk... since its mainly the batteries you use that determine safety followed by type of mod.... we can answer the question cause you don't mention batteries....

I believe that mod is safe that low if the batteries can support the amp draw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors