Become a Patron!

Amazon Wire

expat42451

Member For 4 Years
I see a bunch of ads on Amazon.com for kanthal, stainless and other wire. Its all under the heading of for cutting foam. Is this a trick to sell vaping supplies on Amazon? Anyone bought and vaped with this wire? I ask because i live in Ecuador and the wire one can buy here if its not either 1)premade coils or 2) stainless......doesnt exist. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Amazon search for resistance wire brings up stuff from Master Wire Supply here in the US and they are legitimate for building coils. If that's what you're seeing in Ecuador I say go for it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you don't mind good 'ol Kanthal or Nichrome wire, there's nothing better then TEMco.
They ship globally and likely have stores on eBay and AMZ, although I haven't checked.

Now, this is for plain single strand wire...not fancy stuff like Claptons.

China sites won't ship to Ecuador? I'd think that'd be an option, but be careful of the quality...

There are sites in Germany and other countries too, but likely pricey in small quantity.
Don't think of it as vape wire, it's just resistance wire. Intended for industrial and scientific usage. ;-)
Like how we use Japanese cotton pads to make wicks...a $15 bag will last years.

Like this search for SS316L: https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=ss316L+resistance+wire&ia=web

Last edited:

expat42451

Member For 4 Years
Gopher Bird & Caff

Thanks for the great information! Vastly appreciated. With pretty much everyone vaping fruit flavored salts out of the new disposable pods or whatever they are called, the vape shops have almost stopped carrying what I would call traditional vaping supplies. Largest city in N Ecuador is Ibarra, pop about 160,000... about 45 minutes from here. The largest vape shop there orders maybe 10 bottles of 6 Mg/Ml tobacco or fruit per month. They have maybe 3 mods in stock at any one given time, maybe 3-4 rda/rta's, no more. They have a much larger assortment of salt and row after row after row of disposable pods in various flavors. Building tools, batteries, and sometimes cotton gets thin on the ground here as does wire. I have been rolling my own coils for years, tried the pods and dont care for salts,been there done that, got the TShirt, its a personal preference nothing more.

Far as China goes from my understanding they will ship here but again quality as you say. Aside from that the Ecuadorian gummint is nuts on juices and pretty much anything to do with vaping particularly the nicotine juices (DEMON NICOTINE!!!) and give the retailers hell sometimes holding up shipments for 60 days.....but hey no prob you can go out and buy a pack of L&M's..... a 20 cigarette pack.....for $1.25. No proof of age. Go figure.

I joke with the guy in the shop that I am a dinosaur, he says yeah and there is only one other one in the Ibarra area that vapes what I would call traditionally..... so the wire info is greatly appreciated. Far as getting juice shipped here forget that entirely. There was a company doing local juices but well I never could get into their "tobacco" flavors.

Going to do some wire shopping and I will report back. Latest tank in my stable is the HellVape Dead Rabbit 3 which I added a week ago I have a separate post about that here....latest mod an Odin 250C DNA, my first DNA mod....this shop had this mod on the shelf for years and I bought it, amazing piece of gear. After I had it for a month I asked the owner to try to find another one and there isnt another in Ecuador from what he says.

Again thanks to you both for the info!

VapeFan my apologies for not posting a link will try to go back and find where I was.... thanks for the interest as well its much appreciated!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gopher Bird & Caff

Thanks for the great information! Vastly appreciated. With pretty much everyone vaping fruit flavored salts out of the new disposable pods or whatever they are called, the vape shops have almost stopped carrying what I would call traditional vaping supplies. Largest city in N Ecuador is Ibarra, pop about 160,000... about 45 minutes from here. The largest vape shop there orders maybe 10 bottles of 6 Mg/Ml tobacco or fruit per month. They have maybe 3 mods in stock at any one given time, maybe 3-4 rda/rta's, no more. They have a much larger assortment of salt and row after row after row of disposable pods in various flavors. Building tools, batteries, and sometimes cotton gets thin on the ground here as does wire. I have been rolling my own coils for years, tried the pods and dont care for salts,been there done that, got the TShirt, its a personal preference nothing more.

Far as China goes from my understanding they will ship here but again quality as you say. Aside from that the Ecuadorian gummint is nuts on juices and pretty much anything to do with vaping particularly the nicotine juices (DEMON NICOTINE!!!) and give the retailers hell sometimes holding up shipments for 60 days.....but hey no prob you can go out and buy a pack of L&M's..... a 20 cigarette pack.....for $1.25. No proof of age. Go figure.

I joke with the guy in the shop that I am a dinosaur, he says yeah and there is only one other one in the Ibarra area that vapes what I would call traditionally..... so the wire info is greatly appreciated. Far as getting juice shipped here forget that entirely. There was a company doing local juices but well I never could get into their "tobacco" flavors.

Going to do some wire shopping and I will report back. Latest tank in my stable is the HellVape Dead Rabbit 3 which I added a week ago I have a separate post about that here....latest mod an Odin 250C DNA, my first DNA mod....this shop had this mod on the shelf for years and I bought it, amazing piece of gear. After I had it for a month I asked the owner to try to find another one and there isnt another in Ecuador from what he says.

Again thanks to you both for the info!

VapeFan my apologies for not posting a link will try to go back and find where I was.... thanks for the interest as well its much appreciated!!
Glad to be useful mate! :)

Far as Cotton goes, I use this: https://www.amazon.com/ORGANIC-Cotton-Makeup-Puff-Medium/dp/B000TCD51A/

Like $9 and that pack WILL lasts for years. You can separate the individual pads too...

i assume you know how to use the Scottish Roll? I don't get quite as fussy as he does, but it's good tut.

Yes, mentioning cotton pads will start a controversy, but I've tried many kinds...from actual cotton makeup pads and puff balls from the drug store to fancy stuff like Ken-Do and Rayon. Puff's pads work fine for me, IMHO.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I second Temco if you have to buy from the USA. All resistance wire sold in the USA under vape brands is either rebranded Temco or Chinese wire. If they say it's USA wire, it's Temco.

Temco doesn't only sell Kanthal A1 and Nichrome, they also sell SS316, Ti and Ni200. Those are listed under non-resistance wire.

Now the biggest problem I have with Temco is that they frequently go out of stock on many of these wires we use for vaping for long stretches of time. In that case, I recommend just buying off amazon. Kanthal A1 is Kanthal A1, Nichrome 80 is Nichrome 80. SS316L is SS316L, regardless of what it is marketed as on Amazon. The difference is quality and chinese wire can possibly be lesser quality as well as dirty, so you have to clean off residue before use (I'm looking at you, UD!)

Another source if Temco is out of stock on what you need, look into WireOptim (formerly LightningVapes). That's just rebranded Temco. But WireOptim also sells specialty wires like Clapton and such so that would be a good source for those things. I don't know if they ship out of the USA, though. You'll have to check by attempting a checkout to see where they ship to. I don't go by shipping policies as these small companies are awful are updating those. What matters is what's offered at checkout.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if it's just recent since I don't check their site all the time. Recently went to get wire and temco was disappointing. Between kanthal, nichrome and stainless I think they're out of stock on more items than they actually have for sale. Prices are meh. I knew they already didn't have a full range of wire, haven't for years when it comes to finer gauges for wrap wire. Like nichrome, I don't know if they've had much thinner than 34 or 36ga so if looking for 38, 40, 44 etc then people might be better off with wire optim or coil society or something.

Could just be I caught them at a bad time, but starting to look like the product listings at 3f or something. Where they have 20 items in stock in a category and the other 9 pages are oos. Reminded me of the last time I was in a Sears. lol.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could just be I caught them at a bad time

Nope, not a bad time. Since 2020 Temco stock has been hit and miss, mostly miss. I find the larger spools are sometimes in stock when the smaller spools aren't, which makes sense sine they are an industrial supplier. But I'm not buying XXX feet of wire.

VU Sponsors