Become a Patron!

Ameravapes decides to cancel future Manhattan mod sales!

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ameravapes had decided that because they have cloned their popular Manhattan mod it will no longer produce the authentics siting a safety issue. Stay tuned as they have not yet come out with a statement regarding the safety issues that I'm assuming relate to the clones? This should be an interesting turn of events. Follow reviewer twisted420 as he is covering not only this story but also the review of the clone!

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UPDATE:
Apparently the reason they cancelled production was that someone close to the company sent the mod to China to be cloned! They are stating that no other clone can come as well made as the original and that it can cause safety issues buying a clone. While I do agree the the original has very limited venting, a China clone with lack of overview can me dangerous. We all know China's mod inspections are sometimes non existing and I see how this can be an issue but until a clone is made a reviewed no conclusions can be made. It's silly to stop production when only a mention of the device has been rumored to be in the beginning stages of production. To also think that your product will never be cloned is naive and ignorant to say the least!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMG_0119.png

"People are being mislead directly into a pitfall. No other fake or clone can perform like The Manhattan and we do not want people to think they can push the fakes like the Original"

the #overreaction #drama is real lol

Bahas

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ameravapes had decided that because they have cloned their popular Manhattan mod it will no longer produce the authentics siting a safety issue. Stay tuned as they have not yet come out with a statement regarding the safety issues that I'm assuming relate to the clones? This should be an interesting turn of events. Follow reviewer twisted420 as he is covering not only this story but also the review of the clone!

bb0y

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Amerivape just another fucking company trying to profit off creating lawsuits and drama over a battery tube. Oh the hypocrisy! Very few of these companies have actually pioneered anything special or different than any other battery tube maker. They put a clever logo on it and now it's a professional competition mod. What a fucking joke! Love how you tell it how it is Twisted420.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was it really because of cloning, or was it maybe because some well known reviewers dissed it as a defacto pipe bomb? Hmm......

Borescoped

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I remember watching some of Todd's vids on this, was pretty disgusted at the time with how they treated him. I thought it was bullshit honestly. After that, I thought the matter was dead, but I guess not since 420 felt the need to make it his business (more power to you 420!) I didn't realize just HOW retarded that whole business had gotten.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Was it really because of cloning, or was it maybe because some well known reviewers dissed it as a defacto pipe bomb? Hmm......

One of the "owners" posted on Twisted's channel that he, and the other dumb dumb put every cent that they had into making this mod. Who then could AFFORD to pull those mods off the market just cuz?? It's Total bullshit!

Clone or no clone, you invest every cent you have to create a product, in addition to having a family to feed, you will not be pulling anything off the market just to spite a fucking clone.o_O This is the lame ass story they are telling to cover for the fact that those "authentics" that they couldn't finish paying for, no longer belong to Ameravape. So they are trying to vilify the "clone that is really the authentic", to keep the manufacturer from benefiting from their failed business plan. End of story :rolleyes:

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got one of each just for shits and giggles. Just goes to show that some clones are, well.... not really clones at all. ;)

Pretty pissed I missed out on the 1st run of the Vaporshark rDNA though... :mad:
Damn for real? Been looking to get a vapor shark myself. But the vapor shark you looked at was it with the older style blue button or was it their newer style version? How much was it going for?

Jcc2k

Member For 4 Years
Damn for real? Been looking to get a vapor shark myself. But the vapor shark you looked at was it with the older style blue button or was it their newer style version? How much was it going for?
I have the VS DNA 30 with the newer button (see avatar) and it is great. They just released a few of the new DNA 30 with a user replaceable 18650 battery. Its a bit bigger, but I think that is a plus. Prices are 169.99 and 189.99 for the user replaceable battery one. Damn good price IMO.
dna 30.jpg dna 30 2.jpg

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the VS DNA 30 with the newer button (see avatar) and it is great. They just released a few of the new DNA 30 with a user replaceable 18650 battery. Its a bit bigger, but I think that is a plus. Prices are 169.99 and 189.99 for the user replaceable battery one. Damn good price IMO.
View attachment 1680 View attachment 1681

So that takes a standard 18650 battery that can be replaced or charged internally??? Oh wow why did I have to see this.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Whole thing seems shady. At first it was that whole odd venting thing. Now a clone comes out of a rather vanilla looking tube and they stop production.

But wait there's more.

In a strange chance of fate, comes around when they announced preorders on a 24k gold plated Manhattan for, ready? $529. Not kidding.

http://advanced-vapors.myshopify.co...vape-manhattan-limited-gold-edition-pre-order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcc2k

Member For 4 Years
Whole thing seems shady. At first it was that whole odd venting thing. Now a clone comes out of a rather vanilla looking tube and they stop production.

But wait there's more.

In a strange chance of fate, comes around when they announced preorders on a 24k gold plated Manhattan for, ready? $529. Not kidding.

http://advanced-vapors.myshopify.co...vape-manhattan-limited-gold-edition-pre-order

And I'm sure people jumped all over it... It is/was, after all, a competition mod. lmao. What will they think of next?

Borescoped

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

But wait there's more.

$529... GTFO, ridiculous IMO. I know 2 other mod makers I'd drop that kind of money with... but NOT those Manhattan guys.

Liu

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All drama aside: What the hell do they even mean by "competition" mod? What the hell is so special about it that makes it more suitable for shoving clouds out of ones face than say... The Copper, or an Akuma, or a Sir Lancelot?

Low voltage drop readings under load? Kay, plenty of mods do that.
Some secret universal design that makes it easy to put an atty on? Yeah, that's called a 510 connection.
Smooth, short throw switch that never backs out, never misfires, has no issues making contact? Nope, that's not new, and plenty of ways to accomplish that.
Did they add racing stripes to that plain ass powder coating that make it go faster? Nah, it's still fucking boring.
Did they employ a sorcerer to make any battery installed survive a 200A draw? That has to be it, despite how fucking stupid it sounds....

Oh, now I get it... They were planning to sponsor people as an advertising scheme.

Borescoped

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just curious... What mod would you drop that kind of coin on?
I didn't say that kind of coin necessarily on ONE mod. ;p

I'd drop that kind of coin on REO's (see my avatar pic), or another maker on the "other" forum who also makes BF devices out of wood, by hand.

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All drama aside: What the hell do they even mean by "competition" mod? What the hell is so special about it that makes it more suitable for shoving clouds out of ones face than say... The Copper, or an Akuma, or a Sir Lancelot?

Some secret universal design that makes it easy to put an atty on? Yeah, that's called a 510 connection.
Smooth, short throw switch that never backs out, never misfires, has no issues making contact? Nope, that's not new, and plenty of ways to accomplish that.
Did they add racing stripes to that plain ass powder coating that make it go faster? Nah, it's still fucking boring.
Did they employ a sorcerer to make any battery installed survive a 200A draw? That has to be it, despite how fucking stupid it sounds....

Oh, now I get it... They were planning to sponsor people as an advertising scheme.
They hired the sorcerer from castle graceskull lol

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cat is out of the bag. Supposedly they never finished paying off the company who manufactured the design for them so now that company is selling their authentic manhattans! They're pissed so they claim safety issues and make themselves look like heroes but in reality they're scum!

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
Amazing to think a company who charges $225 to $500 per mod which is always out of stock couldn't pay their bill. If that is true of course.

Truthfully from the whole venting issue and the way they handled themselves, has portrayed them negatively in my eye. This just ices the deal if true.

It's not the first and certainly won't be the last vendor with a take money and run. These guys just make it worse by slamming the product just to spite people trying to reclaim their loss.

Todd Toler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The whole thing does not add up. First they go after Todd from Todd's ecig reviews, and threaten a lawsuit. (Which Kyle blamed on Erik being hung over.) Then they start this whole clone hating propaganda, while having videos of them using clones on their own YouTube. The guy then goes into a group buy on FB and starts flipping a lid over the clones. All the while, they pull the thing off the market and blame it on their machinist who made some bad ones and is selling them as originals. They say it was due to bad quality, I am sure the machinist would say different, while the truth is in the middle. They are building hype, and burying their company as well as the vape community with their continued fracturing of the community. It does not make sense. These guys do not deserve me or my company's money.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I knew something like this would happen...some people go "OMG, let's outsource our concept to an authentic Machinist and sell the product as if we manufactured it ourselves and gouge the pricing sector." This to me shows that sometimes your precious "Handmade Mod" might not actually be handmade by those who claim to have manufactured it. Also, what would a company actually gain by outsourcing their mod to be mass produced while claiming limited editions and monthly stock....profit is what. I find it rather way to coincidental that these "Highest Tier Mods" are being cloned literally overnight by Chinese Manufacturers who are insanely great at reverse engineering as if they had a Blueprint of the said device.

Honestly this doesn't sound far fetched as some might think...Take a look at Big Pharma, the biggest companies out there actually dominant the industry by creating subsidiaries claiming that they're Generics but really owned and operated by the same Manufacturer. This business practice has been happening since the dawn of time and is extremely unethical and betrays the trust between the Consumers and Manufacturers/Suppliers/Distributors. Am I bashin the Clones...NO, merely the business practices.

If you authentically manufacturer the mods and whatever else by hand or cnc machine, prove to us with the benefit of doubt, I don't jump on Highest Tier Mods since some are obviously outsourced for mass production and some have monthly selling quotas. In the end, it's a tube/box/sphere/etc shaped mod that are obviously overpriced and hyped. I do not appreciate "Elitist" Vapers who think their lowest possible serial number mods that cost more than firearms are better than budget mods (I dislike the use of the word Clone) plus they have the tendencies to rarely utilize every mod they have.

I totally just rambled this together and most likely makes no sense at all....please disregard my klusterfuck of a mess!

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You know, this whole clone vs. authentic shit is just an illusion. I can bet, that many "authentic" mod makers sell the design to clone makers. Why? Hype. They say oh...look at my tube, it's "authentic"!! Don't buy the "clone"! In reality, they are making money off both. Mod makers know that the elitist sect will buy any turd just because it has a huge pricetag, so they can stroke their E-peens, and the budget vapers will buy the clones because they hope to get a good vape on the cheap. It is a perfect scam all the way around. If I were a custom mod maker, it's what I would do. Might as well be making all the coin instead of just half.

Todd Toler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would not surprise me if that happened. It would be very underhanded and dirty, but there are plenty of these guys who are in it entirely for the money. There are others who really care, and I doubt they would do that. It seems the good guys are routinely being pushed out for the bad guys. It sucks because I want to support the ones who are good both as a vaper and a vendor. If one of them were found to be having their own clones produced it would destroy their authentics market. I am not sure if it makes total sense, but obviously it doesn't have to make sense. Money is king with these people.

The key to remember with these guys is that it has nothing to do with their equipment. There are plenty of people who love their Manhattan mod. I have used a legit a few times, and it was pretty good. I will not lie just to make a point, it is a solid mod. The price is a little high IMO, and I decided to go a different route than with one of theirs. Glad I did now for sure. They brought this onto themselves, mostly with the Todd thing. Todd is highly respected in the community, and they screwed up big time doing that. Now they have admitted it was done in a hung over state, which is not something they should have ever admitted. But since then the frequency of their missteps has been increasing. Have you ever seen a company send out what amounts to a press release, their "the story", on Instagram? Their story which equates clone users to Hitlers followers. And that is coming from the one guy who seemingly has some sense to him, Kyle. The other, Erik, is the one who told Todd they were going to sue him. He is also the one who posts a lot of the nonsense on their Facebook. Ameravape has a lot of issues going on right now, and allegedly owe a lot of people a lot of money.

So, does any of this make sense other than a company who has dug a hole so deep that they keep digging to try and get out, but only get deeper? I do not think they are smart enough to have gone to China and struck a deal to flood the market with their clones. Though, there is a picture on their own Instagram that is Erik talking to a guy in China and essentially threatening him. The weird part is that the Chinese guy keeps telling him "I am the friend of Colton. So we are friends too." He does ask what that means, and says it violates copyrights. This, to me, says they at least know who Colton is, and why he would have contacted China. It does not show them as complicit in these clones coming out. I will try and link it below. IG does weird things with links.

EDIT: Link Did Not Work. Go to Ameravapes IG it is there.

I have been a part of the clone buyer group conversation that got Twisted420 so upset with them, and was the one who made it known that they were using clones in their own videos. (I still don't get how you do not remove those before you go on a clone bash campaign.) Erik was involved early on, and was talking with the group. It was usually nonsense about how he loves us, and this and that. But at points he got rather testy and called at least one of the admins a racist, and a bunch of other stuff. Then tried to smooth it over by offering authentic devices to the admins, etc. They refused, and he has been quiet since. Kyle also sent the exact same rant including the Hitler part to Twisted420 before putting it on their IG. The bad part was we pointed out the bad grammar, the lack of wisdom on the Hitler part, and other things. They still put it out there.

SO, yeah there is a lot to this story. I do not seeing it ending well for Ameravape. It has gone too far at this point for them to turn it around. In a way, I hope I am wrong because we need strong advocates for vaping, not those who are tearing it apart from the inside out.

But wait there's more.

Here is our website of our http://perfectcig.en.alibaba.com/, if you have interest, contact me to my email fiona@new-perfect, or add my skype tu.fiona, i am really glad to cooperate with you.

Amazing to think a company who charges $225 to $500 per mod which is always out of stock couldn't pay their bill. If that is true of course.

Truthfully from the whole venting issue and the way they handled themselves, has portrayed them negatively in my eye. This just ices the deal if true.

It's not the first and certainly won't be the last vendor with a take money and run. These guys just make it worse by slamming the product just to spite people trying to reclaim their loss.

Here is our website of our http://perfectcig.en.alibaba.com/, if you have interest, contact me to my email fiona@new-perfect, or add my skype tu.fiona, i am really glad to cooperate with you.

VU Sponsors