Become a Patron!

Animated Avatars

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is there anyway we could get Animated Avatars? (GIF)...Some of the boards I'm on have that option... Some of them can really show your character/personality a tad more and can be quite fun or really cool... Of course there would have to be guidelines like the ones now in the rules ...But IMHO they also tend to jazz the Board and threads up ..Like i have mentioned before I'm not familiar with this boards software or Format hence this thread:)

Cheers

No Ash or as someone calls me on here "No Ass":D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kewl, then I could use my popcorn-eating gazelle....

f8J4c.gif

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Is there anyway we could get Animated Avatars? (GIF)...Some of the boards I'm on have that option... Some of them can really show your character/personality a tad more and can be quite fun or really cool... Of course there would have to be guidelines like the ones now in the rules ...But IMHO they also tend to jazz the Board and threads up ..Like i have mentioned before I'm not familiar with this boards software or Format hence this thread:)

Cheers

Would have to consult with our techs to see how much resources it would use.

Cheers

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Would have to consult with our techs to see how much resources it would use.
Much appreciated!.... I don't think Bandwidth should be a prob but if it is There might be a way to "Hot link" them so it wouldn't use Bandwidth or resources... Again I don't know anything about this XenForo software for the board or if you can get a Hack for it to pull it off if that is a issue ... I'm use to playing around with vbulletin..But I could look around if it needs a Hack...BTW..."Hack" for a board is the name of a AddOn for a board if anyone was wondering and getting the wrong idea:)

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmmmm, exactly what would your avatar do next after pulling away his red underpants? LOL. Personally I think a bunch of animated gifs might get tiresome to look at but maybe not.
you'll have wait until it get's animated..LOL....Like I said in my first post they can be fun and very cool and show more of your character/personality...A lot of people don't op for them but it' would be nice to have that option

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whats going on tonight I have vaperature wanting to know what is he going to do after and then you...I can see it's going to be one of them nights...all thats missing is the benny hill music

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hate to be "that guy" but animated avatars combined with animated gifs in posts really eat up bandwidth. Plan on pages loading much slower.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Guys, where do you find cool gifs like that? Is there some general site?
images.google.com

When you type in your search item, be sure to include "gif" at the end.

VU Sponsors